Pro League Attendances

Rids

Those numbers are interesting, but not surprising.

I just wish you would have included figures for, say, a CFL fan forum.

For instance, the Rider forum probably has a third of the Province as members on their website. That's a large number for any given day.

Of course, if you eliminated active members, or even non-related members, that number would go way down.

The average length of a game is killing baseball. When I was first watching 2 1/2 hours was normal and now they are over 3. It's still 9 innings boys.

This is something the CFL has to watch out for too. A 3 hour game was once a rare thing.  On the other hand the NHL has done a great job of keeping games moving.

The average length of a game is killing baseball. When I was first watching 2 1/2 hours was normal and now they are over 3. It's still 9 innings boys.

This is something the CFL has to watch out for too. A 3 hour game was once a rare thing.  On the other hand the NHL has done a great job of keeping games moving.

I am a fan of baseball but in the past few years I find I can only stomach a few innings and then I can't take it anymore. Just not enough action.

Baseball has the luxury of 81 home dates so a team that is a poor draw has less an impact on the average. In addition rain outs are rescheduled. The CFL is 9 games, poor weather, a bad schedule or teams that don't draw well seriously impact their average attendance.

I am a fan of baseball but in the past few years I find I can only stomach a few innings and then I can't take it anymore. Just not enough action.

That's the beauty of baseball. You have time to think about the game.

That's the beauty of baseball. You have time to think about the game.

And think, and think and think and think....then you fall alseep.

The fact that good hitters outnumber good pitchers about 10 to 1 is ruining baseball for me.

The fact that there is no crying in baseball ruined it for me.

Do you suppose that if they make all home run hitter do a silly walk around the bases (a la Monty Python) it would make the game more watchable?

I think that you can compress a baseball game with commercials into 30 minutes tells you all you need to know about baseball. 

Personally I find baseball, golf and curling fascinating in how painfully slow everything moves and how difficult they still are to actually do.  

As an example of how irrelevant and self-important MLB has become, consider the stupidity in Baltimore of "playing a game" in front of a completely empty stadium during the upheavals there.

I don't see anything wrong with that.  It was unsafe to encourage people to be in the streets/congregate, both teams were there, they'd already missed two games that they have to make up in a pretty tight schedule.  Is it dumb for a NHL game to happen in a snowstorm when both teams are there?  Happened several times this season.