Bombers release 2 vets

Goalie

Whoa, Vega? Really... I also thought for sure he'd get another shot. I actually expected him to have a rebound season now that he is presumably healthy. I'd imagine he'll resurface somewhere. Morley... maybe once the injuries start piling up, if not sooner. Teams can make room for a Canadian vet that can play every spot on the OL.

Actually, a bit surprised we couldn't package Morley in a trade - he had a decent season last year.

$$$

yep guy coming back from the NFL I doubt was making chump change. Probably figured it was a good place to save money. They damned sure better have some good recruits coming in though cause if we have to start Peach it'll be another crappy year for the DL. 

Great,now our front line with our line backers is even thinner.

What do you mean thinner? We have 14 DL currently on the roster.

DT.

Turner

Anderson

Thomas

Fraser

Harlan

Hickman

Collins

DE.

Peach

Booker

Richardson

Brown

Gibson

Johnson

Oxendine

I still don't get all the Greg Peach hate here.  I expect him to start and have another career season, likely will hit double digits in sacks if he stays healthy.

I'm not sure why either. 7 sacks in 14 games isn't bad. He shouldn't be the best DE on your team, but IMO there's nothing wrong with him being part of a rotation on our dl.

Walters pretty much said these 2 releases were SMS related. I think it's that simple. 2 guys getting paid lots of money, 2 vets at that. There is always someone cheaper for sure. The way of the CFL really and football in general for that matter. Heck, Sports in general. 

I still don't get all the Greg Peach hate here.  I expect him to start and have another career season, likely will hit double digits in sacks if he stays healthy.

I'm not sure why either. 7 sacks in 14 games isn't bad. He shouldn't be the best DE on your team, but IMO there's nothing wrong with him being part of a rotation on our dl.