Round 1 - Game 4 : Ducks @ Jets

Galley talked about Buff taking long shifts early in Game 1...  seems like he gets tired and makes bad decision in the third.  Sure would like to see him moved to forward again.

Jets have pretty much dropped the fourth line...

I was worried about Pavs hot-streak ending just as the playoffs started... his annual 12 game streak is definitely over.  Maybe Hutch is due?

Who can explain why the third period is so deadly to us? This is beyond absurd..

Missed assignments. I wished I had PVR'ed the game but on first look it seemed like Enstrom lost his assignment when Kesler scored that tying goal. Defensive coverage was also pretty brutal on the Ducks goal where Byfuglien clocked Perry. Two defenders behind Pardy who was near the circle and he had no clue about it.

The Ducks got the puck into our end with 35 seconds left in the first period during the 4 on 4.  We regained possession 4 times in our end.  3 of those times we left our end on an odd man rush.  All of those times we left without the puck.  On their 3rd 2 on 1 / 3 on 1 chance the Ducks finally scored.  5 seconds left in the period.  Our decision making in our own end was horrible, and on each Duck goal I can point to a horrible decision made by one or more Jets players.

On the drive home I said I don't think the Ducks deserved to score 5 goals, but we certainly deserved to be scored on 5 times.

And holy crap, these are NHL players - do they not understand that responsibilities change in even numbered periods?  When I tell my players it's a long change at the start of the second, it's not so they don't accidentally go to the wrong bench.  The forwards have a responsibility to drive the puck deep so defence can change.  Getting the puck to the other team's blue line and turning it over doesn't get a tired defenceman off the ice.  This is basic situational awareness that I expect from players who aren't professionals.

Saddest stat of the whole series - Jets have only trailed Anaheim for 13 minutes in the entire series. 13 minutes = 3 losses.

If a guy wanted to be a Positron, you could say that we're really close to busting through. I really feel like if we ever get a 2 goal lead, we'll get a win...

the Jets will win tonight. Unless they're just too beat up.

run up to get in took a lot out of them I think. It was brutal.

I think  Meyers has been the best Jet overall in this series.

wonder where sweep leg is he predicted wild don't make it out of first round.

1st game - 2 goal loss

2nd game - 1 goal loss

3rd game - ot loss

4th game - we win in ot

I think we got them figured out ;)

5th game - we win in regulation

6th game - we are so far ahead in the second period that we invoke some kind of little-known NHL mercy rule and win without playing the third.

7th game - our 6th game was so dominant that the NHL awards us the Game 7 victory before we even fly to Anaheim.

the Jets will win tonight. Unless their just too beat up.

run up to get in took a lot out of them I think. It was brutal.

I think Meyers has been the best Jet overall in this series.

wonder where sweep leg is he predicted wild don't make it out of first round.

Believe it was Ducky who said that about the Wild

You disagree Mike? It's easy to poke fun without adding anything at all. Completely gives up his defensive responsibility on the 2nd goal. That is wholly on him. Twelve seconds left in the period he ices it!

I mean yeah if you love Buff there are positives to point to. He occasionally hits someone. But he's been awful this series. Flat out awful.

Give me some facts if you disagree with me. Here's some: 1 point. Minus 4.

Psssssst no one watch sportsnet. They are talking about how awful Buff is. Even had a few facts to back it up.

Trouba got beat. It happens. He's played his heart out. A second year player.

I'm not sure about enstrom. Darren Dreger was talking about him with lawless today and they were speculating he's be moved. I've always unabashedly loved him but maybe I'm wrong. It happens once in awhile.

Corey perry is just better than our whole team. He's mind-fkd everyone he's up against

Like Lowry against kesler, him and Stuart have been our best players

Enstrom just leaves guys in front, at least he's rushing a bit this game though