Round 1 - Game 4 : Ducks @ Jets

Chevy's got his answer... the Thrashers core is just not good enough

Next year

What thrashers core tho? Wheeler Ladd and Buff were there for one season. Stuart was a beast tonight. Slater really and Thorburn aren't considered core players. The D was 95 percent Jets.

Enstrom slater thorburn and maybe pav I'd consider thrashers guys but 2 aren't really a huge part of the team. The rest outside on Toby have played more games for the jets than thrashers. Little maybe but he was good

Buff and Ladd are still 'Thrasher/Jets' - Ladd was bumped to first line and Buff converted to D in Atlanta...  Chevy's got a real decision to make with both of them

Little and Wheeler are locked in at decent prices... but you have to try and ditch Enstrom, he was really exposed in this series

These guys are good but not Perry, Getzlaf, Kesler good... not many of those guys around of course, even less with Winnipeg as a preferred destination

Enstrom slater thorburn and maybe pav I'd consider thrashers guys but 2 aren't really a huge part of the team. The rest outside on Toby have played more games for the jets than thrashers. Little maybe but he was good

Buff and Ladd are still 'Thrasher/Jets' - Ladd was bumped to first line and Buff converted to D in Atlanta...  Chevy's got a real decision to make with both of them

Little and Wheeler are locked in at decent prices... but you have to try and ditch Enstrom, he was really exposed in this series

These guys are good but not Perry, Getzlaf, Kesler good... not many of those guys around of course, even less with Winnipeg as a preferred destination

Im pretty sure the days of wpg being a place where people don't want to play is over.. Between the rise of our talent base, quality coaching and GM coupled with our fanbase... Confident saying their won't be too many more bryzgslovs in the future.. At least I think that is who it was..

Buff and Ladd are still 'Thrasher/Jets' - Ladd was bumped to first line and Buff converted to D in Atlanta... Chevy's got a real decision to make with both of them

Im pretty sure the days of wpg being a place where people don't want to play is over.. Between the rise of our talent base, quality coaching and GM coupled with our fanbase... Confident saying their won't be too many more bryzgslovs in the future.. At least I think that is who it was..

Its a nice thought but Winnipeg is still Winnipeg. When it comes down to Winnipeg vs Tampa or Winnipeg vs NYR.... Players are still going to choose the alternative more often than not. Its just the way it is.

The "dont want to play in Winnipeg" thing doesnt bother me.  There are people that want to play and dont want to play in every city for whatever reason.  A big name free agent?  Well, if you have 10-15 offers, it doesnt mean Winnipeg lost, it means 14 cities lost so who cares.  When guys come here, they usually talk about all the good things they know or hear.  Perreault probably had options.  Kinda tired of the idea of it to be honest.

The benefit to having the AHL here for a couple of years is those players getting fully ingrained in the Winnipeg and Jets culture.