Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

Unfortunately this does not seem to be happening in Canada.  Love this movie.

DENVER & SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The iconic story of Baby and Johnny’s summer love, Dirty Dancing returns to the big screen on January 29 and February 1, 2017 for a 30th anniversary presentation from Fathom Events and Lionsgate. This memorable experience will also treat fans to an exclusive never-before-seen 15-minute sneak peek of the brand-new special feature “Happy 30th Birthday, Dirty Dancing,” from the upcoming Dirty Dancing 30th Anniversary home entertainment release, available February 7, 2017.

I didn't realize they were doing a 3rd one...looks good. I really enjoyed the first couple (Minions was a bit of a letdown)....they're great for the kids but there's a LOT of really smart lines in there for the parents, too, which is the key to a good animated feature. Having Trey Parker as a guest voice in this one is a nice touch...

16 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Uggh...I'm going to eye roll at the Sirens movie.  Geez, DC needs to get their act together.  They don't even have a set plan, dates keep changing, etc...  It's sad because I'd love to see a really good DCEU.

At least I have the TV shows.

Hard to believe the company that owns Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern & Flash - all the original big comic super heroes, would be so damned clueless.  Its like they look at Marvel and want to prove they can be better but different. 

SvB was so awful.  And in such obvious ways.  I havent seen Suicide Squad yet (will see it over Christmas probably).

The trend is strong female leads and I guess they figure they need to pop Harley out of the Batman mythos to give her a better platform (and cant help by love Margot Robbie).  So...it could work?  I dont know.  We shall see.  There could also be a backlash to the female leading hero trend.  Some reviews of Rogue One have said it could have used a stronger male lead.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I didn't realize they were doing a 3rd one...looks good. I really enjoyed the first couple (Minions was a bit of a letdown)....they're great for the kids but there's a LOT of really smart lines in there for the parents, too, which is the key to a good animated feature. Having Trey Parker as a guest voice in this one is a nice touch...

Like Shrek...loved the Shrek films as an adult.  Especially the 2nd one.  The Gingerbread man was genius.

42 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Like Shrek...loved the Shrek films as an adult.  Especially the 2nd one.  The Gingerbread man was genius.

Puss In Boots getting busted with the catnip on "Knights" and his line "It's....uhhhhh....not mine..." made me laugh REALLY hard for an animated feature. Those were great movies...

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

SvB was so awful.  And in such obvious ways.  I havent seen Suicide Squad yet (will see it over Christmas probably).

Having seen both versions of SS it looks like the extended just features Harley and Joker in more flashbacks. Not really make a difference to me unlike BvS.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hard to believe the company that owns Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern & Flash - all the original big comic super heroes, would be so damned clueless.  Its like they look at Marvel and want to prove they can be better but different. 

The trend is strong female leads and I guess they figure they need to pop Harley out of the Batman mythos to give her a better platform (and cant help by love Margot Robbie).  So...it could work?  I dont know.  We shall see.  There could also be a backlash to the female leading hero trend.  Some reviews of Rogue One have said it could have used a stronger male lead.

WB is just doing the typical Hollywood thing. Super hero movies are big! Super hero team up movies are even bigger! There's so much money in cross overs and tie ins! MAKE ALL OF THAT!

It's a classic case of trying to throw all the hot trends into a movie and expecting it to be good. If they simply focused on making good movies and not trying to hit all the trends they'd be a lot further ahead. Marvel didn't get to just make the avengers, they got to make the avengers by making Iron Man a good movie, and then following that up with another good stand alone movie and once they realized they could make money on these movies they had a plan to bring it all together. 

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

WB is just doing the typical Hollywood thing. Super hero movies are big! Super hero team up movies are even bigger! There's so much money in cross overs and tie ins! MAKE ALL OF THAT!

It's a classic case of trying to throw all the hot trends into a movie and expecting it to be good. If they simply focused on making good movies and not trying to hit all the trends they'd be a lot further ahead. Marvel didn't get to just make the avengers, they got to make the avengers by making Iron Man a good movie, and then following that up with another good stand alone movie and once they realized they could make money on these movies they had a plan to bring it all together. 

Exactly.  I was watching Collider Movie Talk on the youtubes, and they were talking about Marvel vs DC as far as their plan.  They stated that DC doesn't really have a plan, they're just tossing everything out there, and it's probably because they don't have one clear leader who is in control of the DCEU.  Marvel on the other hand has Kevin Feige who is the prime architect behind this and is directing this thing according to his plan and rarely diverges from it.  They already know which movies are coming out for the next 3 years and have a base story of how things are going to go.  DC is just going "ok, we're making Justice League...what are we going to do with it?" with not much of a plan about how everything else ties in.  Sure, you can definitely see that the movies are part of the same universe, but they can't even decide when The Batman is going to be released, or if there's going to be a Man of Steel 2, or who's going to direct Aquaman.  I mean come on...get your **** together.

One thing that DC really messed up, in my opinion, was jumping into the JLA so fast.  Seems clear they were playing catch up with Marvel but I think they missed an opportunity.  As Marvel becomes bigger, they will have the issue of being cluttered and the creative issue of having so many heroes that dont help each other during these solo projects.  I think fans will miss the early days.

DC should have been content to start slowly and build up their universe like Marvel did. 

And ofcourse, the negative response to BvS changed a lot.  Snyder lost power.  Affleck gained power.  So now you have two powerful guys sort of jockeying for control.

If you're planning on going to see Assassin's Creed, save your time and money!  I'd give it 2 out of 5 at best.  The movie does have some good action scenes but the story was all over the place & had a really weak ending.

They also had way too many scenes in the lab rather than in the past.  So much missed potential.