NHL Trade Deadline

Jpan85

I don't think the Jets would be the hold up if Burmi would be willing to come back to Winnipeg, which according to his agent, he has not problem with.    Right now he is worth more as a player to the Jets then what he would fetch in a trade.

Burmi also didn't bail in the middle of a contract, so I don't really see the bad blood from the Jets.  He played to the end of his contract then decided to go play somewhere else.  There is a difference between the two.

My guess is he comes back to the NHL, signs a 1 year deal at a modest raise over what he was making before he left, both parties can assess where he is after that and what he is worth.   He would still be an RFA after that deal.  Both sides can then assess his value in the NHL, and if the Jets don't want him can trade him knowing what that value is.

Burmi would be an instant upgrade for the Jets. I'd regard playing for Maurice is the polar opposite of playing for Noel and I'm thinking Burmistrov would flourish under Maurice's system.

But is there is time enough to get this done?

It won't be done this season - he's still under contract to his KHL team.

Burmi would be an instant upgrade for the Jets. I'd regard playing for Maurice is the polar opposite of playing for Noel and I'm thinking Burmistrov would flourish under Maurice's system.

Get it done for when?? It can't happen this season... It'll have to be next year.

I thought the KHL was having problems.. Teams folding and whatnot.. I really haven't followed it at all..

I thought the KHL was having problems.. Teams folding and whatnot.. I really haven't followed it at all..

Burmi with Ak Bars and KHL playoffs start this week. Earliest they be done is March 4th.

Burmi with Ak Bars and KHL playoffs start this week. Earliest they be done is March 4th.

The "Ak Bars"? They must have fun going through airport security....

That's quite the trade by the Panthers tho. Looking like they are going for it, Lots of youngsters on that team there in Florida, it's a good  young team, Jagr might bring them some leadership. Florida definitely trying to get in to the playoffs tho with this move. Boston surprisingly quiet. 

#FLAPanthers send a 2nd rd pick in 2015 and a conditional 2016 3rd Rd. Pick to #NJDevils for Jaromir Jagr

— 680 CJOB Sports (@CJOBSports)

February 26, 2015

What a haul

Too much for him at this stage of his career.

Yeah this makes no sense. FLA is not going anywhere.

I might have to take it back They only 2pts behind wild card spot but thats being held by Boston.