NHL Trade Deadline

Jpan85

What's the deal with Horton? I vaguely remember the name from a few seasons ago..

Good player but his back is screwed up and his career is likely done because of it. Drafted by Florida a while back top 3 in the draft, spent time in Boston, I think he was part of their cup team and then went to Columbus where his injury issues really came to the forefront. 

Basically works out like this, because the contract isn't insured the Blue Jackets have to pay him, but they're a small market team that cares more about actual dollars than cap hit so they approached the leafs. Took that Clarkson albatross deal off their hands because at least Clarkson will play for them and the Leafs pay Horton to be injured but save the cap space. 

What's the deal with Horton? I vaguely remember the name from a few seasons ago..

Good player but his back is screwed up and his career is likely done because of it. Drafted by Florida a while back top 3 in the draft, spent time in Boston, I think he was part of their cup team and then went to Columbus where his injury issues really came to the forefront.

Basically works out like this, because the contract isn't insured the Blue Jackets have to pay him, but they're a small market team that cares more about actual dollars than cap hit so they approached the leafs. Took that Clarkson albatross deal off their hands because at least Clarkson will play for them and the Leafs pay Horton to be injured but save the cap space.

cool.. Sucks for Horton as I remember he was highly thought of as a prospect.. Hopefully his back isn't so screwed his quality of life isn't too affected.. Works out well for leads as they get to dump a disgruntled, semi-expensive contract.. Not gonna change their fortunes much but hey, baby steps lol

The Chicago Blackhawks have acquired veteran defenceman Kimmo Timonen from the Philadelphia Flyers for a 2015 second-round pick and a conditional 2016 fourth-round pick.

One of those players I've never heard of but hes had a great career. Big loss by Preds to trade him. Their loss. 39 tho.

I know he started his NHL career with the Preds but what does that have to do with this trade.

The Chicago Blackhawks have acquired veteran defenceman Kimmo Timonen from the Philadelphia Flyers for a 2015 second-round pick and a conditional 2016 fourth-round pick.

One of those players I've never heard of but hes had a great career. Big loss by Preds to trade him. Their loss. 39 tho.

I know he started his NHL career with the Preds but what does that have to do with this trade.

Nothing. He had a good career going with the Preds and he continued that career with the Flyers. Reminded me of the Babych trade.

That's a lot to pay for Vermette who will be a rental as Chicago will have no money to sign him next season.

in other news, not sure where to put this so i'll put it here but...

Connor Hellebuyck's 50 saves eclipsed the franchise record that was previously held by Michael Hutchinson (49)

St Johns IceCaps news.

There will be moves on monday... guys like Petry,Atkinson, Maybe Calvert, Chris Stewart, Maybe some leaf players.... there will be trades but i'd suspect nothing really too earth shattering. 

Some guy still out there to be had but... probably not that much.  Then again, a team could surprise and you could see a guy like Yandle moved, speculation is a eastern contender is in on him (Tampa is my guess). There is talk that Zuccarello is available from the NYR, Bernier from the leafs, Other guys too.

Think Monday will be rather boring but... there will be deals done for sure. How many? I don't know, i'd have to say less than 10.