NHL Trade Deadline

Jpan85

With the start of trade season thought I would start a thread to have all nhl trade talk in one spot. Chevy started on Tuesday pulling off a blockbuster. Today the Preds equipped themselves to take a deep run.

BREAKING: Leafs trade Cody Franson, Mike Santorelli to Nashville for 2015 1st Rd pick, Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen #CBCSports

— CBC Sports (@cbcsports)

February 15, 2015

Cap reasons are why Jokinen is part of the deal. 

As for Santorelli, we had him before and the Jets let him walk for free so tells you what they think of the guy. Some guys are just good fits on other teams, Santorelli wasn't a fit here really and we have no need to bring in another center. Winnik i could see us being in on tho. 

Say what you want but Little,Scheif,Lowry is a solid group up the middle, Santorelli wouldn't be brought in to play 4th line minutes. 

Some rumors suggest we are after guys like Winnik and even Matt Calvert of Columbus to upgrade the bottom 6. Calvert probably be a good 4th line player for us, Winnik might be a good 3rd line winger.

Ladd,Little,Wheeler

Perreault,Scheif,Stafford

Winnik,Lowry,Frolik

Calvert,Slater,Thorburn. 

Cap reasons are why Jokinen is part of the deal. 

As for Santorelli, we had him before and the Jets let him walk for free so tells you what they think of the guy. Some guys are just good fits on other teams, Santorelli wasn't a fit here really and we have no need to bring in another center. Winnik i could see us being in on tho. 

Santorelli was a killer in shoot-outs which says to me he's got talent. Maybe one of those guys who never made it to the top of the mtn.

Jagr wants to play out east, Bergenheim is interesting but his compete level seems to be in question. I'm not sure the Jets are after guys with compete issues. It's more likely they go after guys like Winnik or Calvert, guys that probably at best would take 3rd round picks. Jagr would be nice but... he wants to stay out east. 

I think wpg has a shot at jagr - were not exactly the west coast here

Bergenheim will work harder with jets - seems to be a good culture here

Neither of these guys are going to cost much - 3rd maybe second - jets can afford this with two first rounders already

Just as an aside, former NHL defenseman Steve Montador was found dead in his home early this morning. He was 35. He had been dealing with severe concussion issues which ended his career as well as depression from that injury. An autopsy will be done to determine cause of death. Sad news.

Just as an aside, former NHL defenseman Steve Montador was found dead in his home early this morning. He was 35. He had been dealing with severe concussion issues which ended his career as well as depression from that injury. An autopsy will be done to determine cause of death. Sad news.

This should probably get its own thread because it's going to be a discussion about concussions and the NHL's seeming lack of concern.

With the start of trade season thought I would start a thread to have all nhl trade talk in one spot. Chevy started on Tuesday pulling off a blockbuster. Today the Preds equipped themselves to take a deep run.

BREAKING: Leafs trade Cody Franson, Mike Santorelli to Nashville for 2015 1st Rd pick, Brendan Leipsic, Olli Jokinen #CBCSports

— CBC Sports (@cbcsports)

February 15, 2015

Preds sure paid a lot for those players, wow.

Not sure they do want to trade Calvert but CBJ is one of those teams who have lots of prospects knocking on the door, could be that. Could be that he's an RFA after the season and maybe they don't want to sign him. I dunno, gonna be honest, the guy that reported the Calvert interest was Lawless so i guess,gotta take that with a bit of a grain of salt also.

Not sure they do want to trade Calvert but CBJ is one of those teams who have lots of prospects knocking on the door, could be that. Could be that he's an RFA after the season and maybe they don't want to sign him. I dunno, gonna be honest, the guy that reported the Calvert interest was Lawless so i guess,gotta take that with a bit of a grain of salt also.

if lawless reports the Jets have an interest in Calvert, you can pretty much take it to the bank.