NHL Trade Deadline

Jpan85

Also its all about pushing guys down to the 4th line and hopefully making that 4th line better.  When the chips are down the Jets are a 2.5 line team.  We will need better depth down the stretch and absolutely in the playoffs.

Heard someone on 1290 pitching Jagr and I've been tempted for awhile to mention him but it seems so farfetched.  But assuming he does not have a No Trade clause (conflicting reports) and assuming the Devils would trade him to wherever they get the best offer rather then letting him choose his destination, would he not be a great fit for the Jets down the stretch and into the playoffs?

Curtis Glencross also being mentioned.  He has a no trade clause that was ONE team (Ducks) but is now, according to tweeps, 5-7 teams.  Since he wants out of Calgary that list might grow.

32 years old

6'1", 200lbs

From SK

Left Wing

24 points in 38 games last season.  $2.5 million.  UFA this summer.

3rd rounder at most. But in 2 weeks when we are out of the playoff picture. Who do we move? Frolik? Slater? They are UFA. Stafford too? It's a question that needs to be asked

You have no idea whether we'll be in or out in two weeks...you keep repeating this...got your opinion the first time!

I'd rather play Burmi on the third and take a good 10 or so game look at him.

Burmi can't play in the NHL this season and there doesn't seem to be much hope that he will ever play in Winnipeg again.  He is an RFA so they should just move him and get an asset back because he isn't going to sign here.

He isn't going to sign here or Chevy doesn't want him? Maybe Chevy is still pissssed about him leaving? We do need a winger though. I just hate giving something away for a guy that might leave next year. Sabres picking up O'reilly would be huge for them. I would trade for Glencross if he re-signed.

I'd rather play Burmi on the third and take a good 10 or so game look at him.

Burmi can't play in the NHL this season and there doesn't seem to be much hope that he will ever play in Winnipeg again.  He is a pending RFA so they should just move him and get an asset back because he isn't going to sign here.

He's already an RFA. That's why he was able to leave for Russia.

The waivers thing came from the Ryan O’Reilly situation a few years back.  While he was an RFA for Colorado and holding out for a new contract, he had played a couple of games in the KHL then the Flames tendered him an offer sheet.

I think the rule was that anyone from the KHL that signs with a club during the NHL season has to clear waivers on his way back to the NHL.  A couple of players (like Nabakov), who signed with one team, had been picked up by different teams through this mechanism. 

Some people thought that because O’Reilly wasn’t the Flames property, that not only would they have to give up draft picks for signing an RFA, but could lose him under those waiver rules.  No one really knows for sure if they would have lost him (the Flames had said that they would have fought this rule as it wasn’t their interpretation) as Colorado matched the offer and he didn’t go through waivers as he was Colorado’s RFA.

Then in the 2013 CBA, they made this amendment / clarification:

According to the 2013 CBA summary document, if the player is already signed by an NHL team when he goes to Europe, then he has to clear waivers when he returns. But if he’s unsigned (e.g. Ryan O’Reilly), then he doesn’t have to clear waivers. Such a player can sign with his team mid-season and return from Europe without having to go through waivers first.

Burmi could only play this year if he signed by December. He didn't. He's a rfa tho when his contract in the K is up this season. Jets property

My key uncertainity with him is his fit in the lockerroom. Based on his history, has he grown more into a professional hockey player, team first attitude? How was that element of his game been in the KHL? 

Completely from a homer perspective, we're building something special here in how tight these players seem to be. Yes winning solves everything but even that isn't enough. Being here in Edmonton, there appears to be little chemistry within the Oilers team, loads of individual talent but no connection. The Jets are leaps and bounds ahead of the curve when it comes to this imo. My hunch tells me to dangle him in front of another team to allow us to tinker with a  character we always need to add , i.e., proud to jersey regardless of 'you want me to play how',  it's-30 degrees, there's lots of snow, jeez this Canadian Dollar, my kids can't go to the beach in February, etc etc

Curtis Glencross also being mentioned.  He has a no trade clause that was ONE team (Ducks) but is now, according to tweeps, 5-7 teams.  Since he wants out of Calgary that list might grow.

32 years old

6'1", 200lbs

From SK

Left Wing

24 points in 38 games last season.  $2.5 million.  UFA this summer.

He really doesn't want out but the Flames won't pay what he wants. He never demanded to pay me or trade me. 

Goaltenders making 6 mill. and are 2nd string worthy.

3rd liners making top tier money.

Multi-year contracts handcuffing the next GMs

Wouldn't it be nice if these glorified contracts worked both ways?

That if your production goes down, your contract goes down?

"Show me the money" - for the players.

"Show me the production" - for the team.