Heenan trying the NFL

IMHO Henann has a good chance at making an NFL roster. He is only 25, has some playing experience, has quick feet, is smart, and is a quick learner. Good luck to him. Good thing we signed Pichard as he likely will be our only off-season free-agent signing.

I pretty much guarantee we sign more free agents this offseason. Picard might be the biggest name, but there will be others.

We are going to get a Import T wether it be Bryant or Rogers

Not necessarily. Toronto may still be in on Rogers and Calgary may still be in on Bryant. Not to mention that BC will be in the hunt along with Saskatchewan who will be trying to replace Heenan. Might even be some competition from Ottawa as well. Nothing is a given.

Plan B is try to scoop Stanley Bryant AND Sir Vincent Rogers for our OTs.

Imo, top Canadian remaining in FA pool (barring re-signing) are...

- Brad Sinopoli

- Keenan McDougall

You guys don't want McDougall, he was born in Saskatchewan. 

Plan B is try to scoop Stanley Bryant AND Sir Vincent Rogers for our OTs.

Imo, top Canadian remaining in FA pool (barring re-signing) are...

- Brad Sinopoli

- Keenan McDougall

You guys don't want McDougall, he was born in Saskatchewan. 

Constantly injured like Harrison.

I was surprised by the news today about Heenan. As far as I know, this is the first I've heard that he was interested in the NFL or there was any interest by the NFL. 

I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. Rider fans here, at TEP and every other CFL site where they post brought it up every time someone said anything about Heenan testing FA.

I was surprised by the news today about Heenan. As far as I know, this is the first I've heard that he was interested in the NFL or there was any interest by the NFL.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. Rider fans here, at TEP and every other CFL site where they post brought it up every time someone said anything about Heenan testing FA.

Yep it's been common knowledge for a while.

This is actually the best thing to happen to the Riders... they don't have the cap space to sign him to a big deal now... so they hope he'll be gone for a couple years to give them time to recover... when he's ready to return to the CFL they'll write a big fat cheque.... hope he makes it in the NFL... just so this back-fires on the riders

Bryant and Greg Wojt would still significantly improve the OL...

We could always see if Eppelle wants to rehab here and how cheap he'll com to

There could still be some good Canadian OL pickups available but they all have pretty big question marks.

Joe Eppele:  Speculation he might retire.  But a starting guard for sure when healthy.

Pascal Baillargeon:  He was a highly-touted OL prospect but got injured at E-Camp.  Bounced around between Hamilton and Montreal and possibly still dealing with injury issues.  But if he is healthy... I believe he would still be a good prospect.  Not sure if he has ever got any real playing time in the CFL yet.

Dan Clark:  He has started several games for the Riders at both center and guard, but has mostly been a backup.  I think last season was his best in terms of playing-time, but maybe a Rider fan would correct me on that.

Greg Wojt:  Former divisional all-star.  Missed 16 games last year with a shoulder injury.  May or may not be healed.

Alex Krausnick-Groh:  He was a third round pick a few years ago and has mostly been a backup since then.  I think he can long-snap as well.

Gord Hinse:  We already know this guy.  Doesn't look like he'll be back.