Next: Who is going to FA, who is not .... Priorities

BigBlue

Not surprised in the least. Certain types of players pull **** like this, and it's no big deal, but God help us all if a team changes their mind and "disrespects" a player. All hell breaks loose, and the team is the most evil organization of all time. 

Give me a team of Pontbriand attitudes...

I asked Ed Tait - the reason he listed Kurt Goodrich on that article is because the Bombers asked him to. He'll be in camp. Great news.

Thanks for clearing that up Mike.... really appreciate it!
His Twitter has the bomber logo featured prominently, and his last tweet says simply "bomb squad". Safe to say he is signed.

Insert middle school.girl screech here..

Fantastic news.. Hope he wows at camp and becomes our regional chunk of national gold :)

That kind of stuff is annoying. I don't blame Sears for balking after hearing he could get more money on the open market. Not sure he's worth more than $135,000, but he's a hell of an impact player when he's in the line-up.

I'm pretty shocked that he would turn heel like this.. I mean, I get it... Get that money but we have been insanely patient with his injury problems and whatnot. Guess he felt slighted at the last seasons benching/passing on the depth chart..

I think Sears ends up back in Winnipeg. Or with Ottawa.

He'd be a GREAT player in Ottawa.

Bob Irving thinks Sears already has a deal with another team. That's why he rejected the $135k offer from the Bombers he verbally agreed to.

That's not proof of another deal, just proof someone is willing to offer more than what Walters was offering that Sears was going to accept. I suspect there will be some more negotiations going on before he actually puts his name on a contract. If he was willing to sign with the Bombers before free agency I doubt that he's just going to up and leave because he got another offer, he'll likely give Walters a chance to match.