Next: Who is going to FA, who is not .... Priorities

BigBlue

The entire league had trouble bringing in good receivers last season. Unless I'm missing somebody, AJ Guyton was the leading rookie receiver with 400 yards.

Eric Rogers looks like a stud. 

Ottawa CUT Rogers!! Do you believe that? Way to go Desjardins & Campbell. Nice job. Well done considering their receiving corps absolutely sucked last season. (Slow clapping of hands by smirking CFL fans of other teams). Have to wonder how other teams missed this guy as well & yet the best team in the CFL picked him up. Led to the ultimate trade of Mo Price to the redblacks.

@PentonKirk: Sears and Brohm are the only two potential #Bombers free agents Walters is talking to right now. #Bombers

@PentonKirk: That means all other FAs, including Glenn January, is not in #Bombers plans. I guess you never say never, though.

Even though I thought he was very average last year I'm a little surprised that Desia Dunn isn't in our plans whatsoever.

Janaury was atrocious last year and I have zero interest bringing him back in any capacity. 

@PentonKirk: Sears and Brohm are the only two potential #Bombers free agents Walters is talking to right now. #Bombers

@PentonKirk: That means all other FAs, including Glenn January, is not in #Bombers plans. I guess you never say never, though.

Even though I thought he was very average last year I'm a little surprised that Desia Dunn isn't in our plans whatsoever.

Janaury was atrocious last year and I have zero interest bringing him back in any capacity. 

January played hurt for most of the season, but it looks like he has passed his "best before" date.

I could see us going after Jackson to fill in Watson's role. Big Physical SB, and have JFG and Kohlert in the two WR spots.

I have made it known I'm not a huge supporter of signing an Import rec. this year though. We have what looks like a solid group of Imports already on the roster.

As far as Imports go, I can see us going after Curran or Peters as well those already mentioned.

I could see us going after Jackson to fill in Watson's role. Big Physical SB, and have JFG and Kohlert in the two WR spots.

I have made it known I'm not a huge supporter of signing an Import rec. this year though. We have what looks like a solid group of Imports already on the roster.

As far as Imports go, I can see us going after Curran or Peters as well those already mentioned.

I don't think JFG has the skill set to play WR.

If, in 3 days, we sign 1 FA, I'd consider that just filling the roster with a player we could get and, depending on who it is, I'd me mildly content.

If we sign 2 players in FA, again, depending on who it is, I'd consider that a day's work.

3 players and I would be impressed.

4 players would be serious business and a major roster move.

Curran, Bryant/Rogers OL, Jackson, Hurl/NI, Peters, to name a few.

Oh, and our own Johnny Sears please.

*Completely misplaced the signing of Picard so far, so I guess that makes me mildly content already.

Really good article in today's Freep by Ed Tait:

Walters would not offer any specific hints as to who the club would target -- that would constitute tampering, after all -- but he did say the club has made offers to quarterback Brian Brohm and linebacker/defensive back Johnny Sears, Jr. (who is close to returning) -- two of the team's 11 prospective free agents.

The others, including offensive linemen Glenn January, Dan Knapp and Gord Hinse, receivers Romby Bryant, Aaron Kelly and Brett Carter, running back Carl Volny, defensive back Desia Dunn and linebacker Mike Cornell -- all seem destined to hit the open market next week.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/maxwell-smart-99-top-agents-available-291141241.html?cx_navSource=d-top-story

And TSN ranks the top 20 pending free agents:

http://cfl.ca/article/fa15-top-20-free-agents-set-to-hit-the-market

Somewhat surprising to see January and Kelly in that list.

Really good article in today's Freep by Ed Tait:

Walters would not offer any specific hints as to who the club would target -- that would constitute tampering, after all -- but he did say the club has made offers to quarterback Brian Brohm and linebacker/defensive back Johnny Sears, Jr. (who is close to returning) -- two of the team's 11 prospective free agents.

The others, including offensive linemen Glenn January, Dan Knapp and Gord Hinse, receivers Romby Bryant, Aaron Kelly and Brett Carter, running back Carl Volny, defensive back Desia Dunn and linebacker Mike Cornell -- all seem destined to hit the open market next week.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/maxwell-smart-99-top-agents-available-291141241.html?cx_navSource=d-top-story

And TSN ranks the top 20 pending free agents:

http://cfl.ca/article/fa15-top-20-free-agents-set-to-hit-the-market

Somewhat surprising to see January and Kelly in that list.

And no SirVincent on the list??