Bellefeuille: Burke decides QB on Saturday

Mike

Long story short.... more then 50% of the fans are actually hoping that Buck goes down with an injury so that we can move forward with someone else.   That is a very sad but truthful statement. 

I don't want to wish pain for anyone, but man would it benefit the club with Buck out of the picture. 

You know what? I'm done with Burke. After hearing that Buck is still an option, that shortly after proclaiming that Goltz was the starter going forward, after all the dismissals and embarrassment and QB "carousel" nonsense and deferring the choice to his OC staff instead of making it himself, after all that, we're right back where we started.

Tim Burke is an awful, AWFUL head coach and I absolutely hope he gets fired after the Hamilton game. And honestly, if he were to come out with all the nice guy talk, and praise for the team and fans and have all the class that Crowton showed when he got the boot, I would care about him even less because of his ridiculous loyalty to a useless, washed up QB that has been nothing more than a financial burden to this team since he first got here. Getting rid Burke and Buck will be the icing on this mess of a cake and I can't wait for that day.

You know what? I'm done with Burke. After hearing that Buck is still an option, that shortly after proclaiming that Goltz was the starter going forward, after all the dismissals and embarrassment and QB "carousel" nonsense and deferring the choice to his OC staff instead of making it himself, after all that, we're right back where we started.

Tim Burke is an awful, AWFUL head coach and I absolutely hope he gets fired after the Hamilton game. And honestly, if he were to come out with all the nice guy talk, and praise for the team and fans and have all the class that Crowton showed when he got the boot, I would care about him even less because of his ridiculous loyalty to a useless, washed up QB that has been nothing more than a financial burden to this team since he first got here. Getting rid Burke and Buck will be the icing on this mess of a cake and I can't wait for that day.

Right there with ya.

I can't wait for them both to get far, far away from this team.

Patience ....  it's almost a given that both are gone at the end of the season.  

heard marcel said the starting qb decision will be up to Burke. About time the guy took responsibility for the qb mess we have now. If it fails, then it's on him.

It will be up to Burke after he gets input from Bellefeuille on who he think should start.

So if Burke pipes up and says ...whoever is the starting QB that will make it his decision? At this point who really knows? Burke wanted Buck in the off season because no HC in his right mind wants to start a season with an all inexperienced QB staff. It was clear Mack was doing nothing to change that situation.

Goltz was Mack's project, Crowton didn't like Elliott because of his "bad work habits" ......the only thing bad was Elliott had long figured out Crowton and the fact that he had no clue.....hence no respect ....and Crowton won that battle. I wonder how Joey's work habits are in BC with Wally watching?

All I know is I hope I never hear Burke pass responsibility for any personnel moves on his coordinators. Even if he gave them responsibility on personnel moves, that was still his decision as a HC to do it so it still should ultimately fall on Burke for doing so & no one else.

I hope we bring in Glenn too. Then we can copy and past all the venomous buck posts and replace his name with Glenn.

So more than 50% of fans want Buck to get hurt? Are we just making up stats now?

Based on both forums ,  every comment on the free press ,   phone calls to Bob Irving from the fans,  overall talk around my work... literally everyone aside yourself and maybe 3 other people from this board want Buck gone IMMEDIATELY.   

Stop trolling....   and I don't think people really want Buck to get hurt... it's just unfortunate that Burke has been such a **** coach that he keeps that cancer around the team.   So the only way Buck can go is if he gets hurt... which he will once any team blitzes him.    

Fear not Unknown Poster,  next season your hero Buck will be nice and available for Ottawa and then he can flourish in the league and you can prove us all wrong with how great he is after he leads Ottawa to a winning season! I look forward to this! 

What else would you call him?  He's a walking injury waiting to happen that they made into the starter.  So instead of grooming someone who's not a walking concussion and giving them the reps (I won't even go into the fact that I think his numbers suck considering he is a vet), they started him off at the beginning of the season and he takes reps away from someone they could have started grooming right away.

What else would you call him?  He's a walking injury waiting to happen that they made into the starter.  So instead of grooming someone who's not a walking concussion and giving them the reps (I won't even go into the fact that I think his numbers suck considering he is a vet), they started him off at the beginning of the season and he takes reps away from someone they could have started grooming right away.

Considering how often he is hurt, he should be a backup QB's wet dream. The backups in Wpg have had every opportunity to take the job away from him and failed, from Jyles to Brink to Elliott and now Goltz and Hall. Lack of reps has not been the problem with Buck here.

Considering how often he is hurt, he should be a backup QB's wet dream. The backups in Wpg have had every opportunity to take the job away from him and failed, from Jyles to Brink to Elliott and now Goltz and Hall. Lack of reps has not been the problem with Buck here.

The lack of practice reps has been though.

When you consider how Pierce dominates reps throughout the week in preparation for a game .. only to get hurt .. then the backups are being thrown into the fire without adequate preparation .. how can you expect anyone to excel?   As a backup, in that situation, you don't get a chance to develop chemistry with your receiver and you don't get the bulk of the practice reps as packages are implemented for that week - especially when Buck's availability is still in question and he's still sucking down reps in the off chance he can go.    Not exactly a recipe for success.

When you consider how Pierce dominates reps throughout the week in preparation for a game .. only to get hurt .. then the backups are being thrown into the fire without adequate preparation .. how can you expect anyone to excel?   As a backup, in that situation, you don't get a chance to develop chemistry with your receiver and you don't get the bulk of the practice reps as packages are implemented for that week - especially when Buck's availability is still in question and he's still sucking down reps in the off chance he can go.    Not exactly a recipe for success.

That's a coaching blunder. Every QB should be getting some reps with the starting unit in practice, even if it's only a 2 minute drill like MB is doing now.

Well 2 minutes is the exact amount of time our coaches should take in naming anybody but Buck to start at QB.

And while you are right about it being a coaches blunder involving our QBs, it's been a messy, confused situation for 4 years...and how is that the back up QBs fault?

Burke wants to win so if  he plays Buck, that's why. You can thank Joe Mack for this mess. He  never brought a qb in.A first rounder whomay never see the field here was too much of a price to pay to get Mike Reilly. For you Reilly haters, the guy is beginning to round into a pretty good qb for the Eskimos on a team with an OC (Samms) & HC (Reed) almost as clueless as Crowton was & Burke is. I put this garbage at the qb position right straight on Mack.

That's a coaching blunder. Every QB should be getting some reps with the starting unit in practice, even if it's only a 2 minute drill like MB is doing now.

Getting a handful of reps at the end of practice isn't the same thing as getting the starter's reps.  

The starter is going to dominate reps in practice.  He needs them to prepare and to get a grasp on what is being done offensively for that week.   That's the nature of the beast. But Buck, being the band aid that he is, can't be relied upon to finish a game let alone be available from week to week.  So all that prep time goes to waste.  Even if you were to split reps 50 / 50 between Buck and a backup, you're not giving the starter the best chance for success.  They NEED those reps and the problem is amplified if the backup is a young, inexperienced quarterback.

Burke wants to win so if  he plays Buck, that's why. You can thank Joe Mack for this mess. He  never brought a qb in.A first rounder whomay never see the field here was too much of a price to pay to get Mike Reilly. For you Reilly haters, the guy is beginning to round into a pretty good qb for the Eskimos on a team with an OC (Samms) & HC (Reed) almost as clueless as Crowton was & Burke is. I put this garbage at the qb position right straight on Mack.

The first round pick never guaranteed they would get Reilly though! Why in gods name do some of you pretend like it was as simple as trade the pick and sign Reilly? The guy was obviously more interested in going to Edmonton than anywhere else to start with. 

Well 2 minutes is the exact amount of time our coaches should take in naming anybody but Buck to start at QB.

And while you are right about it being a coaches blunder involving our QBs, it's been a messy, confused situation for 4 years...and how is that the back up QBs fault?

It's nobody's fault, it's the way things are done and the sooner people come to terms with it, the better.

Getting a handful of reps at the end of practice isn't the same thing as getting the starter's reps.  

The starter is going to dominate reps in practice.  He needs them to prepare and to get a grasp on what is being done offensively for that week.   That's the nature of the beast. But Buck, being the band aid that he is, can't be relied upon to finish a game let alone be available from week to week.  So all that prep time goes to waste.  Even if you were to split reps 50 / 50 between Buck and a backup, you're not giving the starter the best chance for success.  They NEED those reps and the problem is amplified if the backup is a young, inexperienced quarterback.

So Mitchell, Collaros, Willey all get starter reps? How can they look so good in their starts without it?

So Mitchell, Collaros, Willey all get starter reps? How can they look so good in their starts without it?

Dickenson, Milanovich and Cortez.

Compared to Crowton.

You figure it out.