Crowton fired

Burke up next. 

We can only hope... Any head coach that doesn't take responsibility for player moves especially at qb as well as one side of the football because he says he's not qualified shouldn't be in charge.

I'm gonna give Burke some slack on this one. After all, he's had to deal with Mack and Crowton. Let's see how he does with Marcel. Burke can now help Casey with the D. To me, it's a win-win.

Dear Wade: Thank you!

Burke up next. 

We can only hope... Any head coach that doesn't take responsibility for player moves especially at qb as well as one side of the football because he says he's not qualified shouldn't be in charge.

I'm gonna give Burke some slack on this one. After all, he's had to deal with Mack and Crowton. Let's see how he does with Marcel. Burke can now help Casey with the D. To me, it's a win-win.

I agree with you. Now that the offense is in the hands of a "CFL experienced" OC, Burke should now put a lot more focus on working with CC to fix what is ailing the D. 

Although this likely couldn't be worked out, but IMO an ideal coaching trio for 2014 would be a combination of Bellefuile as HC, Burke as DC and Khari Jones as OC.

Burke up next. 

oh please, what has burke done to earn that slack? He kept Crowton around as his OC. That's as big a red flag as there is. Burke seems to be one of those people who values coaches as much for their good guy factor as their actual abilities to coach. 

Did Burke keep Crowton around?  Is it not accepted that Mack kept him around to go along with his American approach to the game?

Mack gets canned, Marcel gets hired.  Clearly that was the succession plan.  They needed Marcel to wrap his head around this thing before canning Crowton.  Burk publicly suggested he wanted a consultant to come in on the offence several weeks ago.  I'd say Burke wanted changes.

When Burke was still interim HC he said he would keep Crowton as OC and that was when Mack's future hadn't been decided yet. Burke practically gushed about Crowton.

IIRC the consultant Burke talked about was going to evaluate more than just the offence. It's also been established now that Miller made the on bringing in Bellefeuille.

Burke raved about Crowton, he even said he thought he'd be a great HC in the CFL. Too many people trying to pin everything bad on Mack. Lapo hired Crowton not Mack that is well established. Burke kept him that's well established. The mental gymnastics that some people will go through to pin everything bad on Joe Mack is just absolutely astounding. 

Burke up next. 

oh please, what has burke done to earn that slack? He kept Crowton around as his OC. That's as big a red flag as there is. Burke seems to be one of those people who values coaches as much for their good guy factor as their actual abilities to coach. 

Maybe I'm guilty of the same thing. :-) 

LaPo a) wanted people he believed were good teachers, B) people you he likely thought he could mould or like Baressi would be good worker bees. I believe LaPo may be a good coach at the college level but he failed to understand the mentality and the culture in the locker room.

His pre-game speeches to the players were gawd-awful things that made the eyes glaze over. No wonder they sleep-walked through every first quarter.

I wonder if Offensive coaches generally turn out as better head coaches, compared to those that come from the defensive side of the ball.

It seems to me that as a head coach, its more important to be more offensive minded.  It just scares me how little Burke seems to care about the offensive side of the ball.  

The QB has to be the one to read the defense and audible to change the play to one that will capitalize on a defensive weakness. After that it's just execution. Before that, the OC has to give the QB the right set of plays to use against a particular team's defense. They say defense wins championships but in the CFL you must have a good offense that scores TDs.

Everyone knew this was going to happen,  not a shocker at all.   The writing was on the wall when MB came as a consultant.  

As for who choose Crowton it was LaPo and all that other junk is  nonsense.  And who really cares Lapo was a genius on offense and he couldn't do sweet F all so he sucked just as much as Crowton.  

Time to move forward and I think MB's impact will only start to show maybe in 3 - 4 games from now...  cant expect him to create a miracle over night.  

The happiest Bomber right now should be Chris Simpson. MB knows how to produce an effective running game. I just hope the O-line is up to it.

Everyone knew this was going to happen,  not a shocker at all.   The writing was on the wall when MB came as a consultant.  

As for who choose Crowton it was LaPo and all that other junk is  nonsense.  And who really cares Lapo was a genius on offense and he couldn't do sweet F all so he sucked just as much as Crowton.  

Time to move forward and I think MB's impact will only start to show maybe in 3 - 4 games from now...  cant expect him to create a miracle over night.  

The happiest Bomber right now should be Chris Simpson. MB knows how to produce an effective running game. I just hope the O-line is up to it.

And of course, Chad Matthews agrees with you. :)

And of course, Chad Matthews agrees with you. :)

Ooops! Chad/Chris ... well, y'know. LOL!

Thought ISO was a CAL fan, was it a diff. ISO ?

Nope same. I cheer for both teams Zontar. But born & raised in Winnipeg so I love the Bombers & like the Stamps. Started going to games at Winnipeg Stadium in 1969. Blue Bomber season ticket holder from 1974-90. Stamps season ticket holder from 1991-97. Met a lot of former Stamps through coaching in Calgary. The Blue & Gold is in my veins. Why else would I be cheering for them like this when the organization is down? It's easy to cheer for a team when it wins.

Burke raved about Crowton, he even said he thought he'd be a great HC in the CFL. Too many people trying to pin everything bad on Mack. Lapo hired Crowton not Mack that is well established. Burke kept him that's well established. The mental gymnastics that some people will go through to pin everything bad on Joe Mack is just absolutely astounding. 

You guys (not just you) put way too much stock in what is said to the media.

What do you expect Burke to say to the paper about one of his coaches? "Yeah, the guy's a little green, keeps coming up with 4th down plays no matter how many pamphlets we leave him..."

Ditto Lapo speaking on Crowton's hiring. He was forced by Mack to take on an OC because our O was lousy. Everyone knew that.

Of course he would publically endorse Crowton to the media as it was a way for him to save face and make the team look cohesive and on the same page. 

Ditto Lapo speaking on Crowton's hiring. He was forced by Mack to take on an OC because our O was lousy. Everyone knew that.

Forcing Lapo to hire an OC is not the same as forcing Lapo to hire Crowton. Would you have wanted Lapo to officially be the HC and OC? Lapo is the one who had known Crowton for years, not Mack. Lapo was the one who ran into Crowton at a coaching conference, not Mack. Crowton was Lapo's choice.

What do you expect Burke to say to the paper about one of his coaches? "Yeah, the guy's a little green, keeps coming up with 4th down plays no matter how many pamphlets we leave him..."

Of course he would publically endorse Crowton to the media as it was a way for him to save face and make the team look cohesive and on the same page. 

and some of you are so dead set on making things into a conspiracy that you ignore the obviousness of situations. 

and some of you are so dead set on making things into a conspiracy that you ignore the obviousness of situations. 

Oh spare me, how is it a conspiracy to suggest that a Head Coach wouldn't want to throw a member(s) of his staff under the bus?

I get the impression some of you have never worked in a corporate environment before. 

Oh spare me, how is it a conspiracy to suggest that a Head Coach wouldn't want to throw a member(s) of his staff under the bus?

I get the impression some of you have never worked in a corporate environment before. 

it's a conspiracy to think that Mack is responsible for Crowton despite everyone being involved saying that was not the case. Mack told Lapo to get an OC in that is true, everyone agrees that Lapo hired Crowton so why is it that Mack would be so attached to Crowton that he forced Burke to keep him? Some of you are so focussed on trying to pin every single thing directly to Mack it's gotten ridiculous. Mack being responsible for Crowton is so much more indirect. It stems to who he put in at head coach not Mack and Crowton being BFFs.