Terminator

I got chills when they showed the scenes we have previously on-screen.  They did a good job with them.  Emilia Clarke looks the part though she's not as buff as she should be for the role.  I wonder if the T-1000 is supposed to be the same one from T2?  He looks alike but looks asian unless it was just the lighting?  As opposed to Robert Patrick.  I was hoping they'd just get Robert Patrick's likeness and CGI the T-1000.

Pretty much an ingenius way of explaining an aged Arnold too.  I wonder if they will somehow connect the protector T-800 to the original protector in T2.  Thats the only thing that annoyed me about the later movies was the emotional emptiness that comes with giving us the same character but really not.

Emilia Clarke looks the part though she's not as buff as she should be for the role. 

I certainly hope she acts better than she does in Game of Thrones. Easily one of the worst actors on the show and I'm not sure if it's her fault or the writing and directing they give her. 

Emilia Clarke looks the part though she's not as buff as she should be for the role.

I certainly hope she acts better than she does in Game of Thrones. Easily one of the worst actors on the show and I'm not sure if it's her fault or the writing and directing they give her.

I think it's just direction. Either way she's ridiculously attractive.

Call me crazy but I am super pumped about seeing this and as far as teaser trailer goes, this is way better than Star Wars:

Just an FYI, but what you saw for Star Wars was a Teaser.  This is a full length trailer.  Quite a big difference there.

Looks ok.  I'll probably wait till this one hits Netflix.

Call me crazy but I am super pumped about seeing this and as far as teaser trailer goes, this is way better than Star Wars:

Just an FYI, but what you saw for Star Wars was a Teaser. This is a full length trailer. Quite a big difference there.

Looks ok. I'll probably wait till this one hits Netflix.

Both were teaser trailers. Terminator showed more than a usul teaser does but it's called a teaser nonetheless. Actually Star Wars probably showed more than a usual teaser does. But terminator got it right in showing fans some actual "teases".

Watch the original teaser for Star Trek 09. That was a fantastic teaser that showed nothing yet still told you a lot to "tease" you.

I actually watched Star Wars trailer again on my big screen and in that format I like it a bit more but it still underwhelms. The plethora of spoilers leaked this past week excite me a lot more.

I think the entire cast of the   next terminator movie should be former, and future California governors. 

dialogue I predict will be important

Arnold:

"you're terminated"

audiences erupt in cheers in movie houses around the world.

….I left the vulgar part out.

Just an FYI, but what you saw for Star Wars was a Teaser. This is a full length trailer. Quite a big difference there.

Looks ok. I'll probably wait till this one hits Netflix.

Both were teaser trailers. Terminator showed more than a usul teaser does but it's called a teaser nonetheless. Actually Star Wars probably showed more than a usual teaser does. But terminator got it right in showing fans some actual "teases".

Watch the original teaser for Star Trek 09. That was a fantastic teaser that showed nothing yet still told you a lot to "tease" you.

I actually watched Star Wars trailer again on my big screen and in that format I like it a bit more but it still underwhelms. The plethora of spoilers leaked this past week excite me a lot more.

I believe you are incorrect.  If you check the Internetz, they call the Star Wars promo a Teaser Trailer.  If you look at Genysis, they're calling it an official full length trailer.

Not every movie has a teaser.  Some just forgo it and go straight to the full length trailer.

Also, Abrams isn't about to give anything away on this one if he can help it.

Ive seen it called "Teaser Trailer" but perhaps its called that simply because its the first one.  Usually its the big movies that have teasers.  Its a bit early for a full trailer though.  Either way, it gave us a lot more information to tease us then the Star Wars one.  Supposedly JJ had no input into the trailer.  Rumours are that he's very stressed at working with Disney.  JJ is used to being given a lot of control (like with Star Trek) and it sounds like Disney and Kathleen Kennedy are keeping him on a short leash.

Ive seen it called "Teaser Trailer" but perhaps its called that simply because its the first one.  Usually its the big movies that have teasers.  Its a bit early for a full trailer though.  Either way, it gave us a lot more information to tease us then the Star Wars one.  Supposedly JJ had no input into the trailer.  Rumours are that he's very stressed at working with Disney.  JJ is used to being given a lot of control (like with Star Trek) and it sounds like Disney and Kathleen Kennedy are keeping him on a short leash.

Terminator is scheduled to be released in July where Star Wars isn't until December so I would expect a more in-depth trailer (teaser or not) for that one.  I don't feel like 6-7 months is early though.  I'm looking forward to Exodus: Gods & Kings this week & I remember seeing previews for that months ago.

Terminator is scheduled to be released in July where Star Wars isn't until December so I would expect a more in-depth trailer (teaser or not) for that one.  I don't feel like 6-7 months is early though.  I'm looking forward to Exodus: Gods & Kings this week & I remember seeing previews for that months ago.

Ive never really noticed but it seems like the blockbusters get a teaser a year out and the full trailer a month or two before? 

Is Arnold in this?

and someone wants to see it?

wow.

let me make a bold prediction

it will feature lots of blowing stuff up, fireworks, car chases, shootouts between robots, and humans barely escaping a killer robot to save humanity.

one of the robots will be a hot chick robot. but mean.

no.

And that's it for this edition of Hipster Movie reviews. Thanks and good night!

• 4 months later...

didnt mean to necro this but knew there was a thread before I pasted link to its trailer in upcoming movies. being that T2 is my all time fav movie im gonna watch this, several times good or bad, though I can proudly say I only watched T3 & Salvation about 5x each. my concern with this is the plot gets to confusing with the ... I wouldnt say butterfly effect but changes to the times that have already been changed by the previous movies/plots. and that t-1000 looks like an asian robert patrick

I liked the fact you actually get to see the lead up to Kyle Reese and the terminator's original send off to the original movie, but I think they needed to spoil a bit of the plot or ppl would assume this is just a remake, when infact its like mixing them multiple movies, and I think its cause of the butterfly effect, first couple attempts sending 1 assassin robot failed, so the outcome of that timeline was humans win, this 2nd attempt in the 80s was with more terminators

it was probably decided that the machines attack on sarah connors in the 80s was best chance, and t-1000 proved to be best terminator of the bunch, with some extraterminators sent for assurance they succeed.