Now that we have the Grey Cup out of the way ...

BigBlue

Where is Walters? Why no announcement on the coaching staff? He must know everyone is waiting. Seems to me Kyle is getting a little too comfortable in the big chair. He showed a hell of a lot more hustle last year around this time, I hope he's not getting complacent. The fans deserve to know. Other teams are already hiring new staffs and Bomber fans are totally left in the dark. Not liking this.

It's Mike's job to decide on his staff...

Atomic's post is what a lot of fans are thinking right now. I don't think it's sarcastic at all.

Question ... how come you're not all over Brendan Taman for waiting almost a week to address reports of Cortez being let go? That's not exactly a quick resolution either.

Maybe because he doesn't care about the riders? Just a guess

He doesn't care about other teams but he has no problem using them as an example whenever he feels it's beneficial to his argument.

Just playing the other side.

Atomic's post is what a lot of fans are thinking right now. I don't think it's sarcastic at all. 

Question ... how come you're not all over Brendan Taman for waiting almost a week to address reports of Cortez being let go? That's not exactly a quick resolution either.

When did our season end Mike?? How many days? 

Can someone please explain to me why it matters how or when or where Walters discusses the plan for O'Shea's assistants? What is so difficult to comprehend that two raw rookies want to check all the angles before making a move?

Why is patience such a lacking concept around here?

Can someone please explain to me why it matters how or when or where Walters discusses the plan for O'Shea's assistants? What is so difficult to comprehend that two raw rookies want to check all the angles before making a move?

Why is patience such a lacking concept around here?

I don't know but I want someone to find out the reason and explain it to us NOW.

I think Duressler has left...

Nope, still here.

And I will agree that the two teams' situations are a bit different, seeing as one team made the playoffs, although really, we all knew that the Rider's season was going down the deep-end for quite some time, so Taman should have thought this through earlier and be ready to announce it [The Cortez firing] when they were out. And even still, no one's really sure about what's happening with Ritchie Hall after all this time. Many people think he's on his way out, but there hasn't been much indication.

As for the Bombers, I'm not sure what they're waiting for. There's many options to choose from since Cortez and Benevedes were fired, so you'd think they'd take action before the other teams take them first. If they're even firing the coordinators. Don't even know that yet.

As for the Bombers, I'm not sure what they're waiting for. There's many options to choose from since Cortez and Benevedes were fired, so you'd think they'd take action before the other teams take them first. If they're even firing the coordinators. Don't even know that yet.

My suspicion is that they want to bring Mark Washington here, but the complete fallout from BC might not happen until they hire a new head coach.  They're being smart and hanging on to the guys they have now until the new coach officially says he doesn't want them.

My guess is that both O'Shea and Walters are being very careful. Walters probably has one more re-organization of the coaching staff left if O'Shea does not work out but O'Shea has had a very up-and-down season and will be expected to show a much better and much more consistent season this year- or else.

My suspicion is that they want to bring Mark Washington here, but the complete fallout from BC might not happen until they hire a new head coach.  They're being smart and hanging on to the guys they have now until the new coach officially says he doesn't want them.

They definitely wanted Washington at some point.

I tend to think their preference is Washington, Benevides, (maybe somebody else), Etcheverry in that order. They won't pursue Benevides strongly until Washington's future is decided.

(just my opinion)

It's an opinion that seems realistic and reasonable to me.

I'm curious as to which other 2 teams reached out to Benevides already.  Almost certainly the Riders are one of them.  Who's the other?  Toronto?  By process of elimination, them and Ottawa are the only options left that make sense.

Another better than Etch candidate.  What a bunch of incompetent boobs in Regina.  How can they fire a guy without having his replacement hired?

I sense the sarcasm... What I don't get is why offer him a different position?  And if he does take a lesser role, what DC would go there knowing the prior DC is just sitting there waiting for you to fail?

Another better than Etch candidate.  What a bunch of incompetent boobs in Regina.  How can they fire a guy without having his replacement hired?

How do you know they don't already have arrangements in place with someone?

And the notion that Ritchie Hall is a highly desirable candidate for DC?  Check the battery on your watch, it might have stopped in 2006.

For those wanting Hall... is he better than Etch?  Maybe but when they got rid of him for this reason:

CFL News @CFL_News

Chamblin wants to go onward with a more aggressive defence instead of "confusing philosophies." #CFL #Riders via @sskroughriders

I have to wonder why you would want to exchange one coach who likes confusing philosophies for another?  I prefer Chamblins thinking myself.

How do you know they don't already have arrangements in place with someone?

And the notion that Ritchie Hall is a highly desirable candidate for DC?  Check the battery on your watch, it might have stopped in 2006.

I didn't say highly desirable.  I said better than Etch.  Two totally different things.

I sense the sarcasm... What I don't get is why offer him a different position?  And if he does take a lesser role, what DC would go there knowing the prior DC is just sitting there waiting for you to fail?

They did the same thing with Dyce when they hired Cortez as OC.