Grigsby Now A Tiger Cat

USABomberfan

http://www.tsn.ca/tiger-cats-sign-former-blue-bombers-running-back-grigsby-1.112131

I feel rather indifferent about the signing, but I am curious to see how things play out for him there.  If he becomes supportive of his new team mates and decides to change as a result of his past mistakes here in the Peg, I'll have to give him props for it.  If he doesn't though, I think his CFL career is gonna be cut as short as Cleo Lemon's.

http://www.tsn.ca/tiger-cats-sign-former-blue-bombers-running-back-grigsby-1.112131

I feel rather indifferent about the signing, but I am curious to see how things play out for him there.  If he becomes supportive of his new team mates and decides to change as a result of his past mistakes here in the Peg, I'll have to give him props for it.  If he doesn't though, I think his CFL career is gonna be cut as short as Cleo Lemon's.

I have no ill will towards him.  It didn't seem to be a great fit.  And now he's gone.

That just seems the way life works….like not playing Sask. in the post Durant era or even after he comes out from throwing in the locker room.

You know what they say - if you can complete a pass in the Rider locker room you can complete a pass anywhere...

Hamilton Scratching Post, Drew Edwards Oct 19

"Why then would general manager and head coach Kent Austin, who speaks constantly about the need for a positive locker room culture, take a chance on Grigsby? The short answer is: he wouldn't.

Austin has decided to bring Grigsby to town because he and his staff have spent nearly a week doing what now commonly referred to as “due diligence.” They've talked extensively with Grigsby's ex-coaches and others in the business they know and trust to a get a sense of both the player and the man. If history is any guide, Austin has spoken with Grigsby to form his own opinions and lay the groundwork on what the expectations will be coming in."

I figure he has one chance on Sat. to make Austin think twice about who plays RB the week after and if not Madu goes back in . Hope Grigsby knows Austin wants a back who can block well and catch.

Sooo Grigsby asks to be cut because he doesn't want to be a backup but could end up a backup in Hamilton??? 

I suspect that Grigsby's departure was a relief for the coaches, and he left in a snit anyways. He likely jumped at any opportunity in which he could fantasize about showing the Bombers how wrong they were to not acknowledge his greatness.

I figure he has one chance on Sat. to make Austin think twice about who plays RB the week after and if not Madu goes back in . Hope Grigsby knows Austin wants a back who can block well and catch.

Sooo Grigsby asks to be cut because he doesn't want to be a backup but could end up a backup in Hamilton??? 

I suspect that Grigsby's departure was a relief for the coaches, and he left in a snit anyways. He likely jumped at any opportunity in which he could fantasize about showing the Bombers how wrong they were to not acknowledge his greatness.

It really is all about arrogance. He likely figures all he needs to do is touch the ball and everyone will see how wonderful he was and it was all someone elses fault in Winnipeg. Some of these guys are told for too long how special they are that they can't handle the fact that in the pros you're not special anymore. 

Maybe Austin has plans to add Grigsby to the passing attack as Austin is not big on running anyway.  Combined with a solid runner like Gable, Grigsby could look good in this role, this is a scheme that the Bombers should have been working towards.

I would have liked to have seen Grigsby moved to SB when Moore went down...  could have easily had two back sets with pass option and kept the D off balance.

I hope Hamilton water gives him diarrhea.

Grigsby should have signed with the Riders if he wanted that.

I thought chlorine made your colon white and shiny?

But if you have some of it surgically removed, it becomes a semi-colon.

Either way...I hope Grigsby (and Kent Austin) develop a bad case of the runs.

Like I said in another thread when I posted he was going there the day after he was released, you guys better hope he does fail. If he goes for over 200 yards and is OPOTW - what then? What does that say about our offense?

Any one who watched Grigsby play here knows that it doesn't matter one bit what he does in Hamilton. Guy was too soft and too much of a sissy as a running back to be effective in Winnipeg. It's an easy position to recruit for, why settle for someone who goes down on contact that easy and hesitates before hitting the line of scrimmage? Any scouting department worth it's salt should be able to find runningbacks who can do the job. The fact that Cotton when given the ball looks better should show that Grigsby ain't worth worrying about.