Grigsby Now A Tiger Cat

USABomberfan

Like I said in another thread when I posted he was going there the day after he was released, you guys better hope he does fail. If he goes for over 200 yards and is OPOTW - what then? What does that say about our offense?

Any one who watched Grigsby play here knows that it doesn't matter one bit what he does in Hamilton. Guy was too soft and too much of a sissy as a running back to be effective in Winnipeg. It's an easy position to recruit for, why settle for someone who goes down on contact that easy and hesitates before hitting the line of scrimmage? Any scouting department worth it's salt should be able to find runningbacks who can do the job. The fact that Cotton when given the ball looks better should show that Grigsby ain't worth worrying about. 

It's only two games, but realistically the guy (Cotton) has had limited reps and it does take some time to get your timing down in game speed, plus the whole offense was a train wreck in Edmonton (for some reason, Willy and the Offense match up extremely poorly against the Edmonton D - 3 points at home in their first game and 3 points in real time, 6 in garbage time, here in Edmonton). I hoping Cotton has another strong game. But.... I'll be watching Grigsby to see if he's a liar (the fact it was 'him' against the world here) or telling the truth. 

Why do you need to watch Grigsby more? We saw him plenty here. No one is saying the OL is blameless, that's why what happened with Cotton in Edmonton is less concerning, the OL got worked there.... but they don't get worked every play and Grigsby we have seen leave a lot of yards on the field. Look if a guy is met by 2 or 3 DL in the backfield then yes we can put the blame on the OL, but if he stops running in the backfield and goes sideways and then gets caught that's on the RB, if he has a hole but gets tripped up by an arm that's on the RB. If he runs into the backside is blockers past the LOS that's on the RB. Grigsby did a lot of those things and that's why it doesn't matter what he does in Hamilton. Cotton seems to be a much more elusive back who is willing to just run into traffic and maybe find a way to squeak out a few extra yards. 

Like I said in another thread when I posted he was going there the day after he was released, you guys better hope he does fail. If he goes for over 200 yards and is OPOTW - what then? What does that say about our offense?

Any one who watched Grigsby play here knows that it doesn't matter one bit what he does in Hamilton. Guy was too soft and too much of a sissy as a running back to be effective in Winnipeg. It's an easy position to recruit for, why settle for someone who goes down on contact that easy and hesitates before hitting the line of scrimmage? Any scouting department worth it's salt should be able to find runningbacks who can do the job. The fact that Cotton when given the ball looks better should show that Grigsby ain't worth worrying about. 

It's only two games, but realistically the guy (Cotton) has had limited reps and it does take some time to get your timing down in game speed, plus the whole offense was a train wreck in Edmonton (for some reason, Willy and the Offense match up extremely poorly against the Edmonton D - 3 points at home in their first game and 3 points in real time, 6 in garbage time, here in Edmonton). I hoping Cotton has another strong game. But.... I'll be watching Grigsby to see if he's a liar (the fact it was 'him' against the world here) or telling the truth. 

Why do you need to watch Grigsby more? We saw him plenty here. No one is saying the OL is blameless, that's why what happened with Cotton in Edmonton is less concerning, the OL got worked there.... but they don't get worked every play and Grigsby we have seen leave a lot of yards on the field. Look if a guy is met by 2 or 3 DL in the backfield then yes we can put the blame on the OL, but if he stops running in the backfield and goes sideways and then gets caught that's on the RB, if he has a hole but gets tripped up by an arm that's on the RB. If he runs into the backside is blockers past the LOS that's on the RB. Grigsby did a lot of those things and that's why it doesn't matter what he does in Hamilton. Cotton seems to be a much more elusive back who is willing to just run into traffic and maybe find a way to squeak out a few extra yards. 

A lot like Roberts did (on your last point). 

Why do I need to watch Grigsby? Well, I never said I 'needed' too, I did say I would be. I want to see if he can break tackles. I want to see if he can hit holes hard. 

I think part of the issue is was not on leading the team, but the league, in TD's with 9. The fact they are 'sitting' him, and it not sitting well with him, well I don't know about you, or the rest of you, but I don't want a player on this team, who's healthy, to be accepting of a healthy 'scratch'. I don't condone him asking for his release, but I have no idea if he asked for it because he was sitting, or if he asked for it because of something else. I'd like to think though, given that this is the CFL, and he's a running back, and as mentioned many times here are a 'dime a dozen', and he has a family, that giving up gainful employment (no guarantee another team would pick him up) is not something a player, any player, would want to do if it was just a simple 'sitdown'. 

This story reeks of something bigger -  so yeah, I'll be interested to see how he plays. Especially against the only team he ran for 100 yards + against (126?). I really don't believe he 'quit', I do believe his choice was practically made for him, MOS never did say what his other options were did he? 

yeah, I'd chalk it up to the fact that they have a crazy powerful D-line, and we have a shitty offensive line

yeah, I'd chalk it up to the fact that they have a crazy powerful D-line, and we have a shitty offensive line

This but also game planning. How we don't game plan against that is beyond me....no tightend sets...no screens etc etc. MB should take a lot of the blame for that game as far as I'm concerned.

Yes that, and the fact they don't even need to blitz to get pressure, keeping their guys in coverage, using a zone/man mix (lb's playing zone underneath and corners playing man) basically shuts down any offense if the QB only has two seconds a play to make a read and a throw. I hope we see Willy get better protection tonight - would like to see a win to close out the season at home

Grigsby 5 carries for 8 yards in the first half!!!

Classic Grigsby. Guess the Hamilton OL sucks too?

Damned shame that it took so long for the Bombers to give up on an obviously not good enough running back.

Wasn't there like 6 teams in 4 seasons... Theres a reason fer it..

Typical game for Grigsby today...6 carries for 7 yards.  He'll be selling cell phone covers at a shopping mall kiosk next season.

ummmm not a chance. You see, when he steps out from behind the kiosk to show you a phone, he'll trip on the packing tape holding the electric cord in place, and fall on the phone and break it. He'll be fired after a few days (and a few dozen broken cell phones lol)

Cotton tore it up once in.. Wouldnt buck pierce as RB coach be partly responsible for that? Not to mention that no one here has a clue what or how well he has been as a coach lol.. You need to breath bud, relax... Pretty confident Pierce is the least of our worries

Would you go to work every day looking forward to be mentored by a guy who finished out his career sucking at his job, had a concussion history, and literally knows nothing about the job you actually DO(running back vs QB). Didn't think so! (of course your'll be a goof and argue for no reason even though you secretly go, Oh yeah he's right) Anybody with half a brain knows Buck doesn't deserve to be our running back coach and was gifted it out of loyalty. Additionally, anybody who is thinking woudl realize that's part of the reason such a pathetic runnign back(Grigsby) lasted on our team for so long.

Would you go to work every day looking forward to be mentored by a guy who finished out his career sucking at his job, had a concussion history, and literally knows nothing about the job you actually DO(running back vs QB). Didn't think so! (of course your'll be a goof and argue for no reason even though you secretly go, Oh yeah he's right) Anybody with half a brain knows Buck doesn't deserve to be our running back coach and was gifted it out of loyalty. Additionally, anybody who is thinking woudl realize that's part of the reason such a pathetic runnign back(Grigsby) lasted on our team for so long.

Im going to be nice here because your apparently losing any brains you have had but if you call me a goof again and im going to start to lose my cool... Goof, btw, is slang in jail for a child molester so again.. its time to check yourself son.

Too predictable, same schtick everyday for you! Think with emotion never with brains, I knew couldn't resist replyign to that post even though it was 100% correct. Shame shame, just admit when you're wrong and apologize and everything will be good. Humility is a good thing, nothing to be ashamed of.

Too predictable, same schtick everyday for you! Think with emotion never with brains, I knew couldn't resist replyign to that post even though it was 100% correct. Shame shame, just admit when you're wrong and apologize and everything will be good. Humility is a good thing, nothing to be ashamed of.

Yup. You have clearly shown yerself to be devoid of any football sense, any common decency or even an ounce of tact.. I honestly think that migs brings more value to this forum then you do.. Im done even attempting to show you how wrong your pompous pretensious views are..