Grigsby Now A Tiger Cat

USABomberfan

I hope Hamilton water gives him diarrhea.

Grigsby should have signed with the Riders if he wanted that.
I thought chlorine made your colon white and shiny?
But if you have some of it surgically removed, it becomes a semi-colon.

Either way...I hope Grigsby (and Kent Austin) develop a bad case of the runs.

How about this equation: Grigsby started off playing very well then things changed and his production went south. Our Head coach also started doing great things. Then other teams changed things and he like Grigsby has done very little. Should we also wish him  a bad case of the runs?  

It almost seems as if some are going out of their way to deflect the blame. O'Shea said the Oline had played very well in the last game. He had not been saying that before but that players were taking turns missing assignments. In his previous carries before Saturday Cotton had 19 for a total of 51 yards. Isn't it strange that Willy's production, sacks and knock downs seem to increase at about the time the running game decreased?

How Grigsby left the team has nothing to do with his ability to play but he surely deserves flack for not wishing to sit. Further, I don't want to start a discussion on the qualities of O'Shea. Listening to him on his show made me think he was being asked to load sixteen tons with only a spoon. Let's just hope the coming year brings him decent talent.

KptKrunch, on 22 Oct 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

Like I said in another thread when I posted he was going there the day after he was released, you guys better hope he does fail. If he goes for over 200 yards and is OPOTW - what then? What does that say about our offense?

Ummm, that our O-line is bad?  But then again you know that right?  Honestly, it doesn't matter to me now whether or not he succeeds or fails, all I know is there were only a few times where he really ran like a man on a mission, and far too few for my liking.  Maybe he'll do it more often for the Tiger Cats, maybe not, but so far a lot of those issues are not issues with Cotton, and I would have to agree his supporters were right when they said he didn't get enough chances before we sent him (Cotton) to the PR to show what he could really do.  He's showing it now, and I say since he is, we stick with him.

The thing about Grigsby is that he was a part of that offence, so what does that say right there?

Grigsby probably can get a 100 yard game with another team.

Hamilton?..not sure if they run the ball that much for a 200 yard game though…he'll fall   short of that.

Drew Edwards (no relation to Drew Willy) commented that Austin likely did a thorough job of reviewing Grigsby's 'attitude' before signing that contract…so Austin's OK with that aspect.

But that has no bearing on his attitude here.

Do we really want a guy who'd rather not be here?

A 200 yard game?

Not even the worst run defence in the league would allow that.

O'Shea and probably Bellefeuille deserve a Mulligan this year. Etch, not so sure about.

Etch has turned in a better performance as a coordinator this season than Bellefeuille has...

Disagree. Defense has shown some glimmers but I would give the athleticism of the guys playing the credit. 

Etch's inability to stop the run, game after game after game, shows how stubborn and clueless he is. 

Bellefool has some pretty lame receivers to work with, not much in terms of running back, and the worst o-line in the league. 

Granted, saying Bellfool is better than Etch is like giving the award for the worlds tallest midget but whatever.

Like I said in another thread when I posted he was going there the day after he was released, you guys better hope he does fail. If he goes for over 200 yards and is OPOTW - what then?

Then he has an opportunity to continue supporting his family by playing football.  So, good for him.

How does that change him not being a good fit here?

Hope he fails?  No, I choose to not be a horrible human being.

O'Shea and probably Bellefeuille deserve a Mulligan this year. Etch, not so sure about.

Etch has turned in a better performance as a coordinator this season than Bellefeuille has...

Disagree. Defense has shown some glimmers but I would give the athleticism of the guys playing the credit. 

Etch's inability to stop the run, game after game after game, shows how stubborn and clueless he is. 

Bellefool has some pretty lame receivers to work with, not much in terms of running back, and the worst o-line in the league. 

Granted, saying Bellfool is better than Etch is like giving the award for the worlds tallest midget but whatever.

Difficulty with your argument:  Etch runs a D that is predicated on the athleticism of his players... 

The lack of focus on the run is intentional, the belief is you don't lose games because of running teams, and I think that's a pretty fair gamble over all. Too much focus on what they've done vs. the run is silly. They have kept the team in most games and made teams kick a lot of field goals as opposed to touchdowns. Yeah there have been a few poor games by the D, but overall they've given the team chances to win more often than not which is all you can ask given some of the issues that crept up with the team make up this year (notably underwhelming defensive line play for much of the year in particular Anderson getting hurt and Vega having a brutal season) 

Bellefeuille hasn't adjusted the O much to keep things working smoothly, regardless of lack of talent it's become predictable and easier to defend. 

Difficulty with your argument:  Etch runs a D that is predicated on the athleticism of his players... 

The lack of focus on the run is intentional, the belief is you don't lose games because of running teams, and I think that's a pretty fair gamble over all. Too much focus on what they've done vs. the run is silly. They have kept the team in most games and made teams kick a lot of field goals as opposed to touchdowns. Yeah there have been a few poor games by the D, but overall they've given the team chances to win more often than not which is all you can ask given some of the issues that crept up with the team make up this year (notably underwhelming defensive line play for much of the year in particular Anderson getting hurt and Vega having a brutal season

Bellefeuille hasn't adjusted the O much to keep things working smoothly, regardless of lack of talent it's become predictable and easier to defend. 

Fair enough, but in your post (in bold) you kind of wrote the book on why Etch sucks -- he shows up and suddenly players are underwhelming or have brutal seasons. 

His schemes (or maybe his coaching/approach) consistently cause players to have their absolute worst seasons of their career. 

To me, that is the epitome of a bad coach. 

I'd tie the can to Bellfool too -- make it a package firing. 

Chick and Baggs did not exactly underperform with Etch...

If anything, I'd say we have guys exceeding expectations with Etch - Sherman, Bucknor, etc

But scheme is a huge problem...  the running game is much more influential in the CFL than it was even five years ago.  Times have changed, Etch hasn't.

Korey Sheets won the grey cup last year, Kackert was huge in 2012, Cornish will win it this year.  You can no longer ignore the run.

The lack of focus on the run is intentional, the belief is you don't lose games because of running teams, and I think that's a pretty fair gamble over all. Too much focus on what they've done vs. the run is silly. They have kept the team in most games and made teams kick a lot of field goals as opposed to touchdowns. Yeah there have been a few poor games by the D, but overall they've given the team chances to win more often than not which is all you can ask given some of the issues that crept up with the team make up this year (notably underwhelming defensive line play for much of the year in particular Anderson getting hurt and Vega having a brutal season

Fair enough, but in your post (in bold) you kind of wrote the book on why Etch sucks -- he shows up and suddenly players are underwhelming or have brutal seasons. 

His schemes (or maybe his coaching/approach) consistently cause players to have their absolute worst seasons of their career. 

To me, that is the epitome of a bad coach. 

I'd tie the can to Bellfool too -- make it a package firing. 

I would say Vega is more related to him playing through constant injuries and Peach not being good enough to be a full time starter and then Anderson getting hurt and the backups not being as good for those reasons though. At the start of the year the D did look better because they didn't have the injuries. So I guess what I'm saying is I put the blame for the underwhelming line play on the GMs table because we didn't have good enough talent and depth there going into the year. 

I think the blame is on both sides of the ball. Our Defense seems to be built to play with a lead...but our offence is new, so it's fairly predictable that they would struggle at some point. The offence struggles, the defence gives up some points (which is going to happen no matter how good you are) and everything snow balls....teams run against us to kill the clock....we can't run cause we're down...other teams go hard at the qb....etc etc

It just piles up. I'd prefer to start next year with 2 new coordinators. But if I had to choose one to leave and one to keep. I would keep MB and find a new DC.

Like I said in another thread when I posted he was going there the day after he was released, you guys better hope he does fail. If he goes for over 200 yards and is OPOTW - what then?

Then he has an opportunity to continue supporting his family by playing football.  So, good for him.

How does that change him not being a good fit here?

Hope he fails?  No, I choose to not be a horrible human being.

If Grigsby sucks as a Ti Cat I'll laugh. Guess that makes 95% of us here bad people. BUT I DON'T CARE!!

Grigsby:

“That's none of your concern. It's none of my concern. I'm over it. It's a business decision, all the way around."

----------On why he asked for his release

“I laugh at that. Even guys in Winnipeg, we laugh at that too. Those guys are my brothers in there. It has nothing to do with any player ... I always get along with my teammates and I love my teammates.”

"A lot of people make it seem like I’m a quitter — there’s no quit in me at all. I haven’t been raised like that. I (was) out there grinding with those guys and we were going through tough times over there. I loved the city, I loved everything about that place, it was just a business decision.”

------------On reports he was a problem in the locker room

Translation - As long as things are going my way.

Grigsby:

“That's none of your concern. It's none of my concern. I'm over it. It's a business decision, all the way around."

----------On why he asked for his release

“I laugh at that. Even guys in Winnipeg, we laugh at that too. Those guys are my brothers in there. It has nothing to do with any player ... I always get along with my teammates and I love my teammates.”

"A lot of people make it seem like I’m a quitter — there’s no quit in me at all. I haven’t been raised like that. I (was) out there grinding with those guys and we were going through tough times over there. I loved the city, I loved everything about that place, it was just a business decision.”

Translation - As long as things are going my way. I DON'T QUIT!!

Fixed it for ya. What a loser. 

No Nic, you made yourself look like a quitter. If you didn't want people to call your a quitter you shouldn't have quit on those team mates you loved so much. 

In my opinion, Grigsby quit however it is true we don't really know the whole story, Not like it makes quitting any better but... if i was a teammate, i'd probably have a better understanding of what actually happened, it couldn't just have been "you are sitting", there has to be more behind it and as fans i don't think we are privy to that information, nor should we be really. There are some things we as fans don't really need to know. Like i said tho, i label grigsby a quitter but... i don't know the whole story. I'm convinced there is more to it than just what has been reported, there has to be, unless it really is as simple as the guy didn't wanna be a backup and actually did believe all the early season hype.. Honestly, reading the guys twitter on game day vs Edmonton, you could see it coming, he was throwing his team under the bus all game long, Why did he do this? who knows. Sour grapes maybe? I dunno but a guy throwing his team under the bus like that, i can label him a quitter, everyone else can too, that's fine but... the fact is guys like that are toxic to the team and i for one am glad he is gone and sounds like just about everyone else is too.

Good luck to Grigsby in Hamilton, i don't wish harm on him, i hope he does well.. he has a family to feed. Sometimes, i think us as fans like to read in to things too much, sometimes, "it's a business decision" really is what its all about.

Wonder if he's being paid more in Hamilton... 

Like I said in another thread when I posted he was going there the day after he was released, you guys better hope he does fail. If he goes for over 200 yards and is OPOTW - what then? What does that say about our offense?

Any one who watched Grigsby play here knows that it doesn't matter one bit what he does in Hamilton. Guy was too soft and too much of a sissy as a running back to be effective in Winnipeg. It's an easy position to recruit for, why settle for someone who goes down on contact that easy and hesitates before hitting the line of scrimmage? Any scouting department worth it's salt should be able to find runningbacks who can do the job. The fact that Cotton when given the ball looks better should show that Grigsby ain't worth worrying about. 

It's only two games, but realistically the guy (Cotton) has had limited reps and it does take some time to get your timing down in game speed, plus the whole offense was a train wreck in Edmonton (for some reason, Willy and the Offense match up extremely poorly against the Edmonton D - 3 points at home in their first game and 3 points in real time, 6 in garbage time, here in Edmonton). I hoping Cotton has another strong game. But.... I'll be watching Grigsby to see if he's a liar (the fact it was 'him' against the world here) or telling the truth.