Quarterback controversy?

gbill2004

Anyone can have one good game at any given time. Just ask Ryan Dinwiddie. Brohm is a B- quarterback at best.

But if he has a great game and the Bombers win, does he start again next week, even if Willy is healthy?

Nope. MOS will go back to Willy as he should. There won't be a qb controversy.

Willy is the starter, and on a team with a decent O-line and running game, his team would be talking a Grey Cup run, so no controversy. But if the o-line is as porous as it has been, leaving him in would be just silly. We're done for the year. Willy has more 300 yard passing yards games than any other QB, and has nothing to prove, but Brohm and Marve do.

gbill2004, on 17 Oct 2014 - 3:57 PM, said:gbill2004, on 17 Oct 2014 - 3:57 PM, said:

Mr. Perfect, on 17 Oct 2014 - 3:50 PM, said:Mr. Perfect, on 17 Oct 2014 - 3:50 PM, said:

Anyone can have one good game at any given time. Just ask Ryan Dinwiddie. Brohm is a B- quarterback at best.

But if he has a great game and the Bombers win, does he start again next week, even if Willy is healthy?

If Willy is healthy?  No.

I hope Brohm goes out there tomorrow and gets a much needed win for us, but right now we cannot afford a can of worms being opened up at the QB position.  We gotta keep the team in harmony and we've already seen enough upheaval now with the Grigsby situation.  Different player, but you gotta keep the team together by stating that Willy is your man 100%, no matter what the outcome of this next game with Brohm is.

I think a better way of approaching this, is that if Brohm in his start or in his other limited backup play goes out and does well, maybe you look at trading him to another team for an O-lineman or 2 in the offseason, or use him to make a move elsewhere.

A O-lineman or two for a guy who has won one game? You'd be lucky if you could get a flat of Red Bull.

I'm expecting to see the other young qb's play today as well. If Brohm is good then great, but if he struggles I want to see what else we have.

I'd like to see Portis get some game action this season as well.  I'd compare him and Marve as comparable QBs where Willy and Brohm are comparable.

Game day preparation is pretty important to the Team, and with a very short week of 1st and 2nd reps, I don't see Marve getting in unless he has a package they have been working on all year, or, of course through injury.

I'd love to see Marve and Portis get some playing time, maybe in the last game, but if Willy is healthy, it won't happen.

Best thing that happens is that Brohm shows well again and we don`t need to worry about playing a beat up Willy in the future because we trust the backup to get the job done. Willy is the starter and that`s not changing any time soon, but getting trust in the backup... that would be a huge boost. 

At least the team having some faith in the back up to a certain extent is important also. Other teams have made the mistake of not doing this and have paid the price. I don't see any controversy at least not any time soon, I'm a big fan of Drew and think he has a ton of upside in this league. Truth be told, every team in any league would wish to have a controversy however because that means you have 2 good qb's and the scouting staff has done their job of bringing in talent.

To keep things interesting here, let's say Brohm has a great game tomorrow against Calgary, throws for 300+ yards and the Bombers win. Any chance we have a QB controversy? Could Brohm keep starting even with Willy healthy the following week?

To keep things interesting here, let's say Brohm has a great game tomorrow against Calgary, throws for 300+ yards and the Bombers win. Any chance we have a QB controversy? Could Brohm keep starting even with Willy healthy the following week?

Willy has not been nearly as good as people here (generaly) think he has been. Collaros and Crompton are two QB's that are now outperforming him. That being said, those guys aren't going through what Willy is either. 

I don't think Willy is as good as he was made out to be after his first 6 games here, but he not even close to being as bad as he has been over the past 8 weeks either. The man has been beaten to a pulp, has no help from either an OC who can (not) be innovative, nor an offense with players on it who can make plays. Willy literally is on an island. 

But, it is an interesting game to watch (well PVR I'm going out for dinner tonight so I'll get to skip the commercials) as Brohm will be playing against a team that is trying to win first place. The sooner they can do it the better. Brohm will also be playing with the same players that Willy is playing with soooo...... if Brohm is OPOTW and the bombers beat Calgary - for sure he starts and keeps going until the end of the year or he falters, whichever comes first. 

If he does play lights out the rest of the way, and bombers win one, two, or even all three of the games, definitely there's a QB controversy. Willy has zero collateral to work with. At least, in my mind. He started good, but progressively played worse and worse. His deep balls are terrible now, he's no where near his receivers on long passes. Even when his receivers are wide open. He's not very mobile. He's not very good at improvising.

Only problem here is, Willy is still a far better QB than Brohm, and we'll see that tonight. This game will get ugly in a hurry.  

Brohm has done a great job, and I love it, but I still say you don't open up the can of worms by switching QBs permanently.

I also don't understand how our O-line is just so awful last week and can go to ... well not great but at least semi-decent at blocking.  I'm a little upset though that Bellefeuille isn't pounding the rock enough with Cotton.

All I know is Marve hands down has more talent than Willy, whether he gets fair chance to continue to prove it, i doubt it.

I have NEVER seen a Bomber QB with escapability like that and still have the ability to turn around and reposition himself enough to throw a dart in, all while still looking down field and making a fairly fast guy look like a fool.

Also, it's annoying how people talk about Willy like he's been lighting the league up for years.

All I know is Marve hands down has more talent than Willy, whether he gets fair chance to continue to prove it, i doubt it.

I have NEVER seen a Bomber QB with escapability like that and still have the ability to turn around and reposition himself enough to throw a dart in, all while still looking down field and making a fairly fast guy look like a fool.

Also, it's annoying how people talk about Willy like he's been lighting the league up for years.

Willy is the next Dan Marino. Wash your mouth out with soap sir.

Marve has looked really good.... In extremely limited action. Let's remember how well QBs without game film have done against us..

If he gets a start next season or 2 and keeps looking as good as he has (IE when DC's get to game plan against him) then we can start to get excited...

Also, lack of knee ligaments and that much running makes me worry..