New coordinators for 2015?

gbill2004

I was all over MB the last couple weeks, and I do want to see change... But until we can improve our Oline, it's going to be the same old story. Dickenson wouldn't be doing much more when our pivot is ducking and scrambling for his life!

Etch has to go.... How many times did he run 8 up near the line and just offer up a kid slant route up the middle on silver friggin platter. Do we ever miss Muamba in the middle!

Yup, watching the overload formations on D....which open up  tons of room for the slants, hooks and drags.....drove me crazy.   Worse....we totally sell out on certain areas of the field and leave some DB's in a ton of ISO.....with the idea of getting to the QB, as the tradeoff.  

Except we don't get to the QB, in time, anymore......

Need a change here, for next year.....

Yup, watching the overload formations on D....which open up  tons of room for the slants, hooks and drags.....drove me crazy.   Worse....we totally sell out on certain areas of the field and leave some DB's in a ton of ISO.....with the idea of getting to the QB, as the tradeoff.  

Etch has probably blown his last golden opportunity in the CFL.  It makes you wonder why some people have no instinct for survival.  O'Shea can no longer honestly defend those defencive schemes.

Is Steinheur up after this year in Hamilton? I'd take him.

I like him.

Rumor is Milanovich wont re-up in Tor I think Popp will scoop him up and we may see Burke tagging along with him. If that's the case I'll be interested with Thorpe too.

In house, Tracy may be a good candidate for DC and I want Oshea took over the ST.

For OC, I am interested with Bob Dyce.

I know it won't be a popular opinion, but I'd keep Etch around provided we can improve the offensive line and the offensive playcalling.

Etcheverry's defense may not be popular around here (and I understand why) but he'd see a lot more success if we weren't on the field so much lately. That being said, a lot of people (myself included) would be jaded by the lack of interest in stopping the run. If he could just adjust that, everything else he does has had some impressive results.

If he does go, I would be curious to see Barron Miles here. I'd be curious to know who has the most involvement in Edmonton's D outside of Chris Jones too.

For OC, I'd definitely want a new face and first on my list would have to be Jarious Jackson at this point.

I know it won't be a popular opinion, but I'd keep Etch around provided we can improve the offensive line and the offensive playcalling.

Etcheverry's defense may not be popular around here (and I understand why) but he'd see a lot more success if we weren't on the field so much lately. That being said, a lot of people (myself included) would be jaded by the lack of interest in stopping the run. If he could just adjust that, everything else he does has had some impressive results.

If he does go, I would be curious to see Barron Miles here. I'd be curious to know who has the most involvement in Edmonton's D outside of Chris Jones too.

For OC, I'd definitely want a new face and first on my list would have to be Jarious Jackson at this point.

I was willing to give Etch a chance up to now, mostly based on the fact that Sask previously made it to the Cup with his defense, but there are so many obvious holes in his schemes now, that he just has to go! The only thing one might say in his defence is that the D line and ends are not good enough period.

I cant see how MC becomes the fall guy with an O-line this horrendous.  He'll get another season.

You mean MB?

I say get rid of them both.  Everyone has figured out our D and our O schemes and neither coordinator seems to be able to outsmart the other team.  It's just sad to watch.  We need better players as well.  But I'm tired of all of this mediocre vanilla play calling on both sides.

The esks absolutely embarassed the Etch D, they had a plan to get 7, 7 or 9 yards every first down and that was a huge problem in the game, but number 2 on my problems defensively list is the fact that the only time they could get pressure is when they sent 8 or 9 guys. The defensive line was just completely neutralized by a pretty shitty edmonton OL. Need to improve that area in the offseason big time so they can disrupt things without having to completely sell out on a blitz.

Offensively the OL just got completely worked. They might as well have turned around pre-snap because that would have given them an advantage in chasing after the DL who blow by them. Bellefeuille I felt got really bland with his play calling as well and obviously hates Paris Cotton because he didn't give the guy a chance to succeed at all. He had like 2 or 3 carries in the first half, one was one of those stupid wide runs that the Bombers never seem to block properly on and the 2nd was completely blown by the OL getting worked. 

Was at the game and yup, bang on. All day, that's on the coach.

Well.....early in the year......we got the big pass rush and forced turnovers, which represented the payoff - for conceding certain areas of the field and creating tough (run) gap coverage situations..... with the unbalanced formations.  For a while now - we are not getting this......opposing QB have a plan and the means for attacking the areas of the field left uncovered......

....and it looks bad.

Etch D needs pressure on the qb, Reilly was basically untouched all game. I only remember the Edmonton qbs getting hit like 3 times all game and that's embarassing when you consider how many plays they ran. That's not a good OL in Edmonton but they just stuffed the DL like it wasn't there. Throw in some shitty timing on blitzes and you see the result. 

You're right, not a popular opinion. 

Etchs scheme can not work unless he has the quickest, fiercest players. And if the other coach isn't wise to him. 

Its the same story every year with that guy. I was bummed when we settled for him cause I knew by week 10 or so we'd be wishing we'd went elsewhere 

The esks absolutely embarassed the Etch D, they had a plan to get 7, 7 or 9 yards every first down and that was a huge problem in the game, but number 2 on my problems defensively list is the fact that the only time they could get pressure is when they sent 8 or 9 guys. The defensive line was just completely neutralized by a pretty shitty edmonton OL. Need to improve that area in the offseason big time so they can disrupt things without having to completely sell out on a blitz.

Offensively the OL just got completely worked. They might as well have turned around pre-snap because that would have given them an advantage in chasing after the DL who blow by them. Bellefeuille I felt got really bland with his play calling as well and obviously hates Paris Cotton because he didn't give the guy a chance to succeed at all. He had like 2 or 3 carries in the first half, one was one of those stupid wide runs that the Bombers never seem to block properly on and the 2nd was completely blown by the OL getting worked. 

I actually thought Etcheverry made the right adjustments early in the game. I actually think he's been fairly decent with his adjustments for the most part. JBR pointed it out in the chat yesterday too, but I liked that he dropped his zone coverage lower when Edmonton got into a rhythm of working 1st down with the goal in mind of going for 2nd and short. Unfortunately, without any sense of pressure from our defensive line, there was just nothing there to disrupt Mike Reilly from picking us apart.

I'm not a fan at all of the fact that they took out Marvin Booker, who has been disrupting quarterbacks ever since he got here, and replaced him with Jason Vega who is in the middle of probably the worst season of his career. I'm not so sure I wouldn't get rid of both Peach and Vega in the off-season. They're both fairly capable when they have Turner and Anderson creating havoc in the middle, but as for trying to create anything on their own? Haven't seen it yet this year.

Our trench game right now on both sides is just pitiful. Offensive lines are just making a point of stopping Turner in the middle because nobody else is capable of creating for themselves (aside from Booker, who of course is on the bench) and defensive lines are just treating us like tackling dummies on their way to the QB. It's becoming apparent to me that it's not just the depth that we're lacking. Guys like Peach and Vega who were cast in big roles this season simply aren't meeting expectations either.

yeah they did make some good adjustments, but still, the start of the game he was getting schooled big time. Both coordinators had their lunch money stolen by the esks coaching staff. The DL and OL were tied for least effective unit in the game yesterday. Just embarassing. 

tracker, on 13 Oct 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

gbill2004, on 13 Oct 2014 - 9:53 PM, said:

Let's assume some or all of the 3 coordinators are fired this offseason. Who are some realistic replacements? I'll throw out Paul Lapolice as OC and Kavis Reed as DC.

Any other names?

And do we bring back Bob Wiley? If so, I don't think O'Shea should allow him to be part-time. That was a mistake.

And maybe Doug Berry for assistant HC- then we would have a hat trick of disgraced head coaches. Seriously, Reed set new records for dickishness in his days as Edmonton HC.

I'd take Reed as a DC, it's not his fault his GM threw their all-star QB out the door and kept leaving him with scraps to coach.  But look, Toronto's been happy enough with what Burke has done for them and he was a terrible head coach.  I don't care what someone looked like as a HC, that's got nothing to do with how good a DC they are.

MOS is safe then? Cause we seeing Burke thinking the last 2 games.

MOS is absolutely safe. People should've known better than to expect ZERO mistakes from a rookie HC. He gets the benefit of the doubt this year.

I actually think MOS has learned a lot this year. Yeah the back to back ass kickings really sting but the fact that he seems to have learned his lesson about just leaving the roster as status quo is encouraging. Just happens that he's dealing with a lot of **** on the roster right now. The American OL are just flat out embarassing right now and having Neufeld who Walters clearly pinned a lot of hope on injured doesn't help. Then having the DL perform so poorly ain't doing anyone any favours. Anderson getting hurt was bad luck and Vega having such a poor year is something no one could have seen coming. There are a lot of areas that need some help badly before we really start pointing too many fingers at O'Shea. For my money Walters is on much more of a hotseat than O'Shea. He needs to knock it out of the park in his off season recruiting.