New coordinators for 2015?

gbill2004

I wouldn't cry myself to sleep (too much) if Bellefeuille was gone after this season as I am not sure if he had enough talent to work with, but Etcheverry has to go as soon as possible. I hope O'Shea and Walters have short-listed candidates for DC already, but if O'Shea is as stubborn as he has seemed to be this year, they both may be back. Brrrr.

Is Steinheur up after this year in Hamilton? I'd take him.

I like him.

Rumor is Milanovich wont re-up in Tor I think Popp will scoop him up and we may see Burke tagging along with him. If that's the case I'll be interested with Thorpe too.

In house, Tracy may be a good candidate for DC and I want Oshea took over the ST.

For OC, I am interested with Bob Dyce.

Tracy's special teams have been horrible all year. Why should he get a promotion? He can go back to the CIS as far as I'm concerned. 

Is Steinheur up after this year in Hamilton? I'd take him.

I like him.

Rumor is Milanovich wont re-up in Tor I think Popp will scoop him up and we may see Burke tagging along with him. If that's the case I'll be interested with Thorpe too.

In house, Tracy may be a good candidate for DC and I want Oshea took over the ST.

For OC, I am interested with Bob Dyce.

Tracy's special teams have been horrible all year. Why should he get a promotion? He can go back to the CIS as far as I'm concerned. 

I dont regard STC any lower than the DC or OC. Granted ST takes fewer snaps on the field but they are equally important group of the football team. Plus some of the STC are Asst HC of their teams like C Dickenson and Walters before. For me it's not a promotion.

Would O'shea be a good DC? Would Burke will be a good STC? Would C.Dickenson be a good DC? I'm not sure what would be the answer to that, who knows. It doesn't mean because you are not good ST coordinator you will not be a good DC coordinator? Sometimes people are more suited to a different position than they are currently holding.

Lapo married Selkirk lady, do they still live in Winnipeg?

How long is his contract with TSN? If he will be back into coaching will he accept a coordinator role? or he will pursue a HC role only?

For me if Lapo is available and willing, I wouldn't mind to see him here.

ughh no to Lapo. Didn't like the offense he ran either time he was here. 2002/2003. Felt that one only worked because of the sheer talent of Jones, Stegall, Roberts, Sellers and Bruce, and we all saw how effective his offense was 2010-2012. 

We definitely need a change at OC, but no LaPo. Should find another (reduced) role next year for Buck Pierce too, IMHO. I just can't see what he's bringing to the O. Running backs coach? Really?

ughh no to Lapo. Didn't like the offense he ran either time he was here. 2002/2003. Felt that one only worked because of the sheer talent of Jones, Stegall, Roberts, Sellers and Bruce, and we all saw how effective his offense was 2010-2012. 

We definitely need a change at OC, but no LaPo. Should find another (reduced) role next year for Buck Pierce too, IMHO. I just can't see what he's bringing to the O. Running backs coach? Really?

I don't understand this love for Pierce?  What makes anyone think, in his banged up brain damaged head, that he would be even remotely good at OC?

Edit: Sorry, misread your post.  Thought you were saying Buck should be the OC.

I don't really know how good or bad of a job Pierce is doing, but I really have to ask ... when you say "you can't see what he's bringing", what are you expecting? Weekly blog updates with meeting minutes of what he covers with the team?

How would we as fans ever gather an idea of what he's doing, good or bad? He seems to be bringing Cotton along quite well and he certainly got Grigsby to improve particular facets of his game (pass protection)

I don't really know how good or bad of a job Pierce is doing, but I really have to ask ... when you say "you can't see what he's bringing", what are you expecting? Weekly blog updates with meeting minutes of what he covers with the team?

How would we as fans ever gather an idea of what he's doing, good or bad? He seems to be bringing Cotton along quite well and he certainly got Grigsby to improve particular facets of his game (pass protection)

take your facts and logical statements and get the **** out of this discussion. Pierce sucks because reasons. 

Exactly, how would we, as fans, have any idea?  That would be up to MOS.  But to me, I don't think a first year RB coach should be jumped to OC.

Tough on him to brush off his success as all on the players, but make no mention of the talent he had to work with here his second go around when he struggled. He made Jyles look respectable in 2010. Nobody else has been able to do that before or since.

Tough on him to brush off his success as all on the players, but make no mention of the talent he had to work with here his second go around when he struggled. He made Jyles look respectable in 2010. Nobody else has been able to do that before or since.

ehhhhhhhh Lapo coached that team to do just enough to lose. getting 8 yards when you need 10 might look good on the stats sheet but I never liked Lapos offense. Too reliant on hitting big plays. That's highly effective when you have Jones, Stegall, Bruce, Roberts, Sellers, less so when you don't have them. 

Exactly, how would we, as fans, have any idea?  That would be up to MOS.  But to me, I don't think a first year RB coach should be jumped to OC.

Clearly a step up to OC from RB coach would be much at this stage of coaching development.. Anyone suggesting he take the OC reins is a bit delusional. He has shown decently as a RB coach as I agree he made grigsby into a better blocker and cotton seems to be pretty solid as well.. The intangibles he brings wouldn't be measurable by us tho that's for sure..

Could McManus be promote to OC?

He at least knows what it takes to win ... is he not rather high on the confidence / credibility scale?

Well you would assume so but I wonder if he even wants to coach as his career path is looking more likely into upper management.. GM, assistant GM, etc etc..

Otherwise wouldn't he be positional coaching as opposed to scouting?