New coordinators for 2015?

gbill2004

Let's assume some or all of the 3 coordinators are fired this offseason. Who are some realistic replacements? I'll throw out Paul Lapolice as OC and Kavis Reed as DC.

Any other names?

And do we bring back Bob Wiley? If so, I don't think O'Shea should allow him to be part-time. That was a mistake.

Let's assume some or all of the 3 coordinators are fired this offseason. Who are some realistic replacements? I'll throw out Paul Lapolice as OC and Kavis Reed as DC.

Any other names?

And do we bring back Bob Wiley? If so, I don't think O'Shea should allow him to be part-time. That was a mistake.

And maybe Doug Berry for assistant HC- then we would have a hat trick of disgraced head coaches. Seriously, Reed set new records for dickishness in his days as Edmonton HC.

Any other names?

Already did the "been there done that" with Marcel and Etch. There's a reason they don't hold jobs very long. Same for Lapo and Reed. It will be interesting what happens with Cortez. Same with Milanovich as well as there has been reports previously if the Braley situation isn't figured out by next year that he wouldn't return. Obvious connection with O'Shea there. Defensively I think it's time for some new blood. There's so many recycled names out there that don't stand out. Much like Steinhauer who began his coaching career as a DB's coach I'd be curious how current Riders DB's coach Barron Miles would turn out as a D-Coordinator. I'd prefer giving him a shot over someone like Reed who is an average DC at the best of times.

Garcia for O.C.  Cavillo continues to talk about his future coaching role with the Als. so unlikely Garcia will be able to progress to O.C. in Mtl. even if they cut Dinwiddie loose.

Jeff Garcia has a thriving private qb business going in San Diego working with NFL & NCAA qbs & he is set for life financially from his years in the NFL. He doesn't need the coaching job in Montreal. His time with the Als may just be a one off for this season. 

I think both Etch and Marcel are going to be sacrificed whether O'Shea and Walters agree they are the problem or not and here is why,  Marketing 101. The Bombers  need to think about marketing "HOPE" for next season and the only way they can accomplish this is to sign some big name players or to find a new set of co-ordinators with some cache and a whole lot of promise to lure back season ticket buyers.  Sure as **** they won't be able to drum up any sense of hope in their 3 remaining games.  

I just have one question. When is all this losing going to end??? How much more as a fanbase are we expected to endure?? I guess that's two.

When they finally hire someone again who understands that when you build a football team, it's better to be bigger and stronger than your opponent.

GM interviews candidate for HC job. One question.....who do you see as your staff? O'Shea.....ah ah ah......Chris Jones pulls half the staff out of TO....O'Shea.....ah ah. Chris Jones pulls FAs out of TO......O'Shea? You think there are problems?

This certainly concerned me from the start with O'Shea as his realm of influence seemed very small.  He lured Kuale, Romby and JFG from his past but missed out on a player like Swayze Waters who was a F.A. last year and right under his nose.

We were in on Stubler and couldn't seal the deal. I am sure that was Oshea's preference...

Pat Tracey was and is a legit coaching prospect for the CFL - will be better next year.

MB - after Lapo and then Crowton we wanted experience over Khari... We knew what we were getting with MB - and thats what we got.

GM interviews candidate for HC job. One question.....who do you see as your staff? O'Shea.....ah ah ah......Chris Jones pulls half the staff out of TO....O'Shea.....ah ah. Chris Jones pulls FAs out of TO......O'Shea? You think there are problems?

This certainly concerned me from the start with O'Shea as his realm of influence seemed very small.  He lured Kuale, Romby and JFG from his past but missed out on a player like Swayze Waters who was a F.A. last year and right under his nose.

We have the best kicker in the CFL. I'll give Walters huge credit for that signing.

We were in on Stubler and couldn't seal the deal. I am sure that was Oshea's preference... Pat Tracey was and is a legit coaching prospect for the CFL - will be better next year. MB - after Lapo and then Crowton we wanted experience over Khari... We knew what we were getting with MB - and thats what we got.

Getting Etch instead of Stubler was a huge disappointment for me. What a letdown.  

We have the best kicker in the CFL. I'll give Walters huge credit for that signing.

Not quite, Waters is the best kicker in the league but that's not the point.  I was speaking to O'Shea's lack of influence over players and coaches.

I would still take a look at Mark Nelson, still like his style, he just doesn't have the talent in Ottawa - would have taken him over Etch

Joe Paopao would be a good candidate for OC. Nice CIS contacts.

Chuck McMann would be an interesting OC or even DC... that guy gets a lot out of his players, pretty understated coach

Jason Maas has always been an intriguing coaching prospect as well.