Sunseri benched

Mr. Perfect

As posed earlier, a Sask trade for Nichols still makes the most sense- Edmonton has pretty much indicated by fawning over White that Nichols has no future there.

At this point of the season why would Edm. want to help the RR and potentially lose out on a home playoff game and all those $$$?

Nicholls learning a brand new offense and the fact that he has shown only "good" and not much great would make it ideal for them to fleece the Riders in a trade.   I think they could get a 1st rounder and a starter for Nichols and some scrub. 

As posed earlier, a Sask trade for Nichols still makes the most sense- Edmonton has pretty much indicated by fawning over White that Nichols has no future there.

They already threw Crompton away for White, why not Nichols too? I can't imagine why Edmonton would want to help the Riders though.

They won't unless SASK gives them something that will help them more. Seriously, a canadian receiver and a 1st round pick? My guess is they do it.. what's the rumor? bagg and a 1st? Edmonton be crazy not to do that. 

Unless Doege shows something Taman has royally botched the backup QB file. No sugar-coating it.

How do you figure that exactly?

Whatever the party line and smokescreen has been in mold-land about Sunseri being better than Willy, Willy was a free agent and was going to leave in February 2014.  Taman was smart/lucky/right-place-right-time to get a pick for him.  He didn't mismanage anything, Willy's contract was coming to an end.  Slavery has been abolished.  He was free to leave and was going to leave, having fulfilled the terms of his contract.

Amazing how capable of a GM Taman is when he inherits a QB and has an unlimited budget.

Not sure why Taman gets blamed for the Bombers not giving him anything beyond a bare-bones scouting department or a player budget comparable with other CFL teams when he was here.  More often than not he did an alright job of making lemonade out of lemons.

Unless you were being literal and not sarcastic.  Then I agree, and if we'd given him the same resources he has at his disposal in Regina, we might have seen similar results here.

Unless Doege shows something Taman has royally botched the backup QB file. No sugar-coating it.

How do you figure that exactly?

Whatever the party line and smokescreen has been in mold-land about Sunseri being better than Willy, Willy was a free agent and was going to leave in February 2014.  Taman was smart/lucky/right-place-right-time to get a pick for him.  He didn't mismanage anything, Willy's contract was coming to an end.  Slavery has been abolished.  He was free to leave and was going to leave, having fulfilled the terms of his contract.

Amazing how capable of a GM Taman is when he inherits a QB and has an unlimited budget.

Not sure why Taman gets blamed for the Bombers not giving him anything beyond a bare-bones scouting department or a player budget comparable with other CFL teams when he was here.  More often than not he did an alright job of making lemonade out of lemons.

Unless you were being literal and not sarcastic.  Then I agree, and if we'd given him the same resources he has at his disposal in Regina, we might have seen similar results here.

Read again. His status as a "GC winning GM" only came to fruition when the QB was provided to him and he had a blank check book to work with. 

I don't need to read it again, without properly expressing tone it will still have 2 possible interpretations - you are the one who wrote a post that can be read with 2 interpretations.  And chose not to clarify whether you were sarcastically dissing him or pointing out that his is better at his job than most people around here want to give him credit for, when given the opportunity.

Taman had Khari Jones and the best version (2007) of Kevin Glenn when he was here.  There is more that goes into a cup winning football team than having a great QB.

So with all the resources available to Napkin boy, then he shouldn't have much trouble finding a replacement for DD. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Taman is most likely mulling over which draft pic he is going to have to cough up and or player, to get it done. Much like he did here.

I don't need to read it again, without properly expressing tone it will still have 2 possible interpretations - you are the one who wrote a post that can be read with 2 interpretations.  And chose not to clarify whether you were sarcastically dissing him or pointing out that his is better at his job than most people around here want to give him credit for, when given the opportunity.

Taman had Khari Jones and the best version (2007) of Kevin Glenn when he was here.  There is more that goes into a cup winning football team than having a great QB.

Normally I would take criticisms of the clarity of my posts more seriously. For whatever reason, you don't make the cut today. Sorry. 

Taman "had" Khari but he sure as hell didn't find him. BC did. The only reason he got Glenn was that SK had plethora at the time and he was able to snake Glenn by way of TO. 

Taman's bird dogging at the QB position is embarrassing. 

Normally I would take criticisms of the clarity of my posts more seriously. For whatever reason, you don't make the cut today. Sorry. 

Taman "had" Khari but he sure as hell didn't find him. BC did. The only reason he got Glenn was that SK had plethora at the time and he was able to snake Glenn by way of TO. 

I guess one good thing for you is you guys don't have to put up with a crappy GM like Taman anymore.

So he made two very good trades to get qbs that took their respective team's to the Grey Cup. He then built a very good team around a qb he inherited and won a Grey Cup. This all must be very embarassing for him.

You don't give a GM credit for identifying backup qbs that are worth going after? Seems to me that We're giving Walters credit for bringing Willy here, why not give Taman his props for doing that twice for us?

See, there you have it - you were sarcastically crapping on him rather than literally crediting him.  Now there is clarity.  If my looking for it offends you, then next time I won't bother and just put words in your mouth instead.  Since that seems to be your preference.

And as for the content...

So he made two very good trades to get qbs that took their respective team's to the Grey Cup. He then built a very good team around a qb he inherited and won a Grey Cup. This all must be very embarassing for him.

You don't give a GM credit for identifying backup qbs that are worth going after? Seems to me that We're giving Walters credit for bringing Willy here, why not give Taman his props for doing that twice for us?

...others have covered it quite well.

and while Taman had Khari Jones and Glenn-2007 we "should" have won two Grey Cups

The first we lost on Westwood's foot and the team not playing up to their potential

The second our all-star QB got injured in the game before the cup and we still came damn close to winning with a complete rookie whose playing career never went anywhere.

Taman's BB teams were always boom and bust... but he did Boom on occasion.

Taman's bird dogging at the QB position has been embarrassing. 

I standby that statement. 

Doesn't make him an "embarrassing GM" though thank you for try to straw-man me anyway. 

Twice in 10 years... and I am not certain he was responsible for landing KJ. Ritchie would have been in on that one. 

The Glenn trade in 05 or 06 was nice though.

Now list all the rubes he brought in. 

And I am not pumping Walters tires for landing Willy. especially considering he openly admitted he had 1-2 QB's slotted ahead of him 

Twice in 10 years... and I am not certain he was responsible for landing KJ. Ritchie would have been in on that one.

And I am not pumping Walters tires for landing Willy. especially considering he openly admitted he had 1-2 QB's slotted ahead of him

Walters has never openly admitted this. Wow. Where do you get this BS from?

2 guys in 10 years... Khari Started for the team for 4 years and Glenn for 6... what's the problem here?