Kyle Walters Presser

Mr. Perfect

you know what, there's something personal between Joe Mack and the media across the country, he took more heat from them than a simple "well he's no good as a GM" I would really like to know what it is. Is it cause he treated them with absolute disdain? Is it because he wasn't part of the old boys club that is the CFL? I really want to know why it seems to personal between the media and Joe Mack (and the Bombers by extension)

I have a theory about that. One he didn't do a lot of interviews & seemed aloof to the media covering the CFL not only in Winnipeg but across the country. And the way he went  into hiding after that 52-0 loss in Regina. I remember the angry tweets by members of the national media on twitter in utter disbelief that he was hiding from them, in their opinion when he refused to talk to anyone after that game. Then he waited afterwards for 4 days before having a news conference despite repeated calls he address that loss. That really hurt him & I think created a bullseye for the guy with the CFL media. Had he talked to the them right afterwards, he may have been treated a lot better. He pissed off those guys acoss Canada & in Winnipeg just like Mike Kelly did 3 years before. Mack was not long for his job after that. Lasted 11 months after the Regina debacle. The writing was on the wall.

I think the media took it personally when Mack wouldn't speak to them.

Even within the CFL it seems as though Mack wasn't well liked, maybe he was a pompous jerk,

The media who cover the CFL is a small group and they all know each other so the constant whining and complaining about Mack by Penton, Friesen, Lawless, etc would very likely have influenced their perception of Mack just like it influenced the perception of some Bomber fans. 

I think the media took it personally when Mack wouldn't speak to them.

Even within the CFL it seems as though Mack wasn't well liked, maybe he was a pompous jerk,

I've seen so many comments from fans who talked to Mack either at the fan forum or at practices and I can't recall anyone (even the ones who didn't like the job he was doing) saying anything but good things about him personally. 

Personally I think the Winnipeg print media have this sense of entitlement and if someone says no to them they behave like toddlers in the throws of a temper tantrum. 

you know what, there's something personal between Joe Mack and the media across the country, he took more heat from them than a simple "well he's no good as a GM" I would really like to know what it is. Is it cause he treated them with absolute disdain? Is it because he wasn't part of the old boys club that is the CFL? I really want to know why it seems to personal between the media and Joe Mack (and the Bombers by extension)

imo, his decision to fire Lapo when he did was not popular with other CFL types and thus the media.

Mike....you saw what he wanted to you to see....he would spend 30 min with the BoD once a month and they thought the same thing. He had them wrapped a around his finger. " can I get you a coffee Mr. Watchorn"

Meh, I never claimed he was polite to anyone within his organization or the media. I just said he was polite to me when I spoke to him.

if and only if... Walter sees that the Bombers will have problem extending Muamba... would it be wise to trade him for a Ray, a Lulay or a Burris ?

putting aside the comparative values you're suggesting for a sec... why would a team trade for a guy who isn't under contract?

putting aside the comparative values you're suggesting for a sec... why would a team trade for a guy who isn't under contract?

i mean trade him before the end of the season

just like the case of LaBatte, if Mack knew that its impossible to extend LaBatte he should have trade him before the contract expire and maybe he did get something for in him in return.