Kyle Walters Presser

Mr. Perfect

Watching on my phone ...

Miller initially seems more comfortable speaking to the media.

I like that Walters is going to be around no matter what. He's a solid front office guy and despite his apparent shortcomings as a special teams coach, he knows the CFL and he knows the CIS.

Glad Moll is going to stick around, although I expect that will only be until the end of the year. Interesting to hear about Drew Morris too. Midwest scouting is huge in the CFL, glad we have a dedicated bird dog in there.

Interesting to hear that he evaluates talent on other teams for future years.

Re: Muamba ... glad he's a top priority. I think based on Walters' answers, we get him locked up. Probably late though.

As I'm watching this ... I'm starting to get a sense that there is a solid plan here. It's going to be messy to get it underway, but I like the vision Walters and Miller seem to have.

Laughing as Miller says "proper people are making the right decisions ... NOW"

As much as I hate it, I'm getting the sense that Walters would keep Burke as head guy. But I like Walters ... might be torn on this as the year goes on. I do not like Burke. But Walters seems like a smart guy with a vision.

I have a feeling the media is going to like Walters. But I have a feeling they're not going to like Miller ... but they'll respect him.

very interesting presser. Miller was in a very clear way, implying that the Bomber system was broken and needed to be addressed tout de suite.

Miller: "Kyle's in charge of running the football operations and working in that and this is a change that this organization is going through where we actually work together and proper people are making the right decisions now in terms of players, of who's playing each week."

that quote came out of the discussion about asking Walters who would be setting the depth chart. Miller's answer clearly implies that it was not always the HC who had final authority in that matter before and that Mack was sticking his nose in Burke's beeswax.

all in all, it was a good move by Miller to do this. the company he's in charge of appeared like a gongshow with nobody in charge. Miller has shown that not only is he in charge, but that he has clearly delineated and communicated the roles of his subordinates. very astute of him and very un-Bomberlike.

Kyle Walters' first mistake or perceived mistake media will ask why such an inexperienced guy was chosen and declare it another symptom of dysfunction. If Walters is a quick study media will call him "boy wonder" or something and gush what a smart hire he was.

I do like what Walters said, glad he'll stick around as an AGM, think with some grooming he might have a future as a GM, just think it's too soon right now. Will be interesting to see what he does for now. 

Agreed. Give him enough to prove himself but moving forward the club needs a steady hand at the wheel. If the next GM fumbles I honestly could see serious apathy setting in.

Miller will win me over quickly if he knocks Friesen down a peg or five. Probably not a wise career move but it would make me laugh so hard.

it was hilarious.  Wade do you believe in empowerment?  What?  Yes Paul.  I believe in empowering the Sun to fire their worst and dumbest writer.

very interesting presser. Miller was in a very clear way, implying that the Bomber system was broken and needed to be addressed tout de suite.

Miller: "Kyle's in charge of running the football operations and working in that and this is a change that this organization is going through where we actually work together and proper people are making the right decisions now in terms of players, of who's playing each week."

that quote came out of the discussion about asking Walters who would be setting the depth chart. Miller's answer clearly implies that it was not always the HC who had final authority in that matter before and that Mack was sticking his nose in Burke's beeswax.

all in all, it was a good move by Miller to do this. the company he's in charge of appeared like a gongshow with nobody in charge. Miller has shown that not only is he in charge, but that he has clearly delineated and communicated the roles of his subordinates. very astute of him and very un-Bomberlike.

Your post is....very astute and un-bluto like.

here is something no one else is considering when talking about setting the roster... is it possible that Burke is just that much of a push over that he just won't stand up and say who he wants as his starting qb? Seems to fit with how he's acted in regards to the offense from the get go. Only time he really got vocal about it was with his dislike of Elliott, but it seems that Crowton didn't much like Elliott either and was probably pushing him out the door too. 

I dunno Burke more and more comes across as kind of flakey and indecisive when it comes to his ideas about an offense. 

Let's see if he can keep the preamble to a Lawless question to less than 3 minutes.

******* media in Winnipeg are real bad for leading people down a path when they're questioning them. That's why they love Burke so much, he'll skip down that path with them, The one good thing Mike Kelly did when here was treat the media with the disdain that they've earned. Except Bob Irving, he's above reproach. 

Now that we've made a huge change in the organization mid stream I hope the old prevaling Joe Mack attitude that our players are better than other team's players changes & we become more involved in free agency. If we continue to be minor players every winter in free agency refusing to plug holes or to even better the team because the Bombers refuse to spend any money then it'll be the same old, same old. Come February 15th next year, I'll be watching this team very closely. I have my fingers crossed that this is the beginning of a new era.

I have to admit, I was VERY impressed with Kyle's answers and his clarity when it came to addressing certain questions. There was also some interesting comments from Miller that more or less suggested the interference in the past will no longer by present. Definitely a good watch IMO.

http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/87639

Thanks for posting that. I enjoyed it.

Hope Goltz got his ears pinned back after his betrayal comment. The solution for Justin is simple. Be the better qb in practice & when he  plays  in games. The other thing I took from all this is Mack was interfering in a lot of things. I am glad we have a President who is a former player who knows the score instead of a guy who has never played. Miller looks more tuned in than Buchko.

It was posted elsewhere that most of the CEOs in the league have little connection the CFL, yet alone in playing. Why do the Bombers need that when other teams don't?

I'm not saying he won't be good in the role -- I'm just saying it seems like an arbitrary request given the make-up of other teams (including the successful ones).