Paris Cotton moved to practice roster

Mr. Perfect

Hate this move a lot. Grigsby has improved but he's still far from what I look for at RB. Running from the backfield often puts his weak vision and poor decisions on display. Putting him in space does at least show his speed and cuts.

Interested to see if Cotton gets a shot somewhere. Really think he would flourish with full time carries.

I'm not saying I know everything or even as close to as much about football as anyone in our management or coaching ranks. I do, however, know that there's more to it than "X player" is better than "Y player". In Grigsby's case, I can at least see some logic in the fact that he's done some good things. In Kuale's case, I have no doubt it's loyalty or something of that ilk.

There's something wrong with Cotton. I posted on the GDT in that one game (I think it was against Edmonton but not sure) when he first got in. He fumbled the first time he touched the ball on a punt (or maybe it was a kick off). When Willy was in trouble later on, he flipped the ball out to Cotton who was looking right at him - ball bounced off Cotton's chest, then he put his arms up. I said then on that thread the man must be stoned because he sure as heck is doing a great impersonation of Serena Williams in that doubles match in Wimbledon a few months back. 

He's been better since (you really couldn't be any worse) but no where near as good or consistent as Grigsby has been (and we all know Grigsby has had some 'inconsistent' games, that's my point). 

So let him move on. Lets bring in some NFL cuts to see who can push the Grigs. I think Grigs has been fine, he's more a victim of our weak oline and offensive scheme more than anything. 

@PentonKirk: Paris Cotton's agent is contacting other CFL teams, looking for an active roster spot for his client. #Bombers

I could see Ottawa having interest with Walker out for the season.

Gable is hurt in Hamilton too. Not sure how long he is out.

Chance he could play Sunday, so likely back next week for sure.

Grigsby has gotten better over time but a ways to go before being as good as Ford or others we've had.

Ford's best year with us was running for 594 and receiving 41 with a total of 3 TD's  and 2 fumbles he lost.

Grigsby so far has 623 yards running... 341 receiving with 9 total TD's and I believe 0 fumbles lost.....

You may want to rethink your opinion on Ford.

Sometimes can;t stand Winnipeg fans. Nothing is good enough.  We have the single best RB in the league this year in Grigsby, and people STILL aren't happy with him.  Our oline makes him look bad, but the fact remains he leads the league in numerous stat columns.

Our best RB since Charles.  The cuts baby, the cuts he makes!

Grigsby is the best RB in the league?? Are you serious?

As of right now, yes.  Stats are for losers I know, but with our oline, he is putting up good numbers.

Grigsby has gotten better over time but a ways to go before being as good as Ford or others we've had.

Ford's best year with us was running for 594 and receiving 41 with a total of 3 TD's  and 2 fumbles he lost.

Grigsby so far has 623 yards running... 341 receiving with 9 total TD's and I believe 0 fumbles lost.....

Ford never played a full season as RB wth the Bombers, he only became a starter once Chad Simpson was injured in 2013.

Much ado over nothing lol.

Except for Cotton its a big deal I am sure , it also probably means someone has passed him on the depth chart...

Could just be due to injuries, he wasn't dressing the last few games anyway so why not put a couple other guys on the reserve list instead, guys that might help out a bit more.. Maybe both Booker Mosely and Pall get on the 46 man this week, one will probably sit though. 

I think this is the most logical conclusion, juggling the numbers to get more help for the D-line on game day.

If the Bombers really really cared about not losing him they would have put him on the 1 game IR.  But they didn't release him outright.

His remaining time with this club may be pretty short.

Ford never played a full season as RB wth the Bombers, he only became a starter once Chad Simpson was injured in 2013.

Ford played 12 games last season with the Bombers - 9 as the starter and Grigsby's played 11 games so a straight up comparison now might work.

OK, Ford may not have been the best example. My point still stands that Grigsby has yet to make his bones.

I think Grigsby's blocking has improved immensely... I often watch him in the backfield because he really pissed me off at the beginning. I can tell you that that little scit last game where the commentators were talking about his blocking was accurate IMO

his receiving I'm fairly impressed with. He has legit hands at times, but it will take a while to erase some of his blunders from early in the year.

His running, I think is getting much better as well... I see him pumping his legs through contact, bouncing off guys and I think his vision is getting better as well... Noticed that severely lacking earlier this year...

I think he really just came in rusty from being in baseball for so long, now he's starting to get better.

I find it rather amusing that so many people were saying last season and earlier this season that Ford wasn't any good and the only reason he won the rushing title was because other RBs had been injured. And now it's Grigsby's that isn't good and is only leading the rushing stats because of injuries.

Huh?  Cornish literally had 3x as many yards as Will Ford last season.

I think Grigsby's blocking has improved immensely... I often watch him in the backfield because he really pissed me off at the beginning. I can tell you that that little scit last game where the commentators were talking about his blocking was accurate IMO

his receiving I'm fairly impressed with. He has legit hands at times, but it will take a while to erase some of his blunders from early in the year.

His running, I think is getting much better as well... I see him pumping his legs through contact, bouncing off guys and I think his vision is getting better as well... Noticed that severely lacking earlier this year...

I think he really just came in rusty from being in baseball for so long, now he's starting to get better.

Problem with Grigsby is that he runs with zero power (and I'm not talking about size, cause 170 lbs backs can run with power too), is extremely inconsistent, basically a big play back who gets less effective as he touches the ball more, 4 of the last 5 games he's had 10 carries or less.  He hasn't come close to 20 total touches since the game in Hamilton.

If we had a guy who could handle 20 carries a game and a roster spot for an extra RB, Grigsby would fit in well there, as a guy we are relying on he's a huge handicap on our offense.  It's pretty clear that the offensive coaches are feeling the same way as they are moving more and more away from Grigsby being featured in the game plan.  The lack of a consistent rushing attack is clearly the difference between the Bombers offense being 7th in the league or being in the top 3 offensive teams.