Paris Cotton moved to practice roster

Mr. Perfect

Pure garbage

Based on what? He's done nothing in his opportunities given since the preseason, and to his credit Grigsby has gotten significantly better since the second half of the Montreal game. He doesn't fumble, his pass protection is improving, and he can be used in the passing game as well.

Honestly, doesn't surprise me, The times we have seen him, he has not looked that good. Some people on the forum here will flip out cuz he was their boy but... Gets a big meh from me really. Hasn't dressed the last little while either, Looked good in pre-season but so did a bunch of guys who are no longer with their teams. 

Honestly, doesn't surprise me, The times we have seen him, he has not looked that good. Some people on the forum here will flip out cuz he was their boy but... Gets a big meh from me really. 

Issue for me is that If Grigsby gets hurt, next man up is Volny. He's an ok game day back up but I wouldn't want him starting.

Maybe I'm blinded by his far superior pre-season but the fact that his injury cost him a starting job that in my mind he wouldn't have given up is a bit unsettling. It's not like Grigsby has done a good enough job to justify releasing every other import back on our roster.

True. He only leads the league in TDS, yards from scrimmage and hasn't fumbled all year but besides that.. only has a 6.8 yard average per carry his last 40 carries too but other than that. 

Honestly, doesn't surprise me, The times we have seen him, he has not looked that good. Some people on the forum here will flip out cuz he was their boy but... Gets a big meh from me really. 

Issue for me is that If Grigsby gets hurt, next man up is Volny. He's an ok game day back up but I wouldn't want him starting.

Probably not but... gotta see what happens the next week or so, I'm betting with both Cotton and Bolton released, we will see another back brought in unless they feel Stoudemire or McGuffie can be that guy and the obe position on the field that you should be able to start someone new under crazy circumstances and probably not see a huge drop off is the running back position. Sask went with Allen,Charles,Ford,Messam.. yeah CFL experience for the most part but... pretty much changed their back for a while there game to game and didn't see any drop off in play really. 

I don't know how many freaking times we have to go over the fact that his leading the league in YFS is a volume stat and is a testament to the great backs in the league being injured for multiple games. It doesn't change the fact that Grigsby has had one great game this season followed by alternating good games with complete duds.

Maybe I'm blinded by his far superior pre-season but the fact that his injury cost him a starting job that in my mind he wouldn't have given up is a bit unsettling. It's not like Grigsby has done a good enough job to justify releasing every other import back on our roster.

True. He only leads the league in TDS, yards from scrimmage and hasn't fumbled all year but besides that.. only has a 6.8 yard average per carry his last 40 carries too but other than that. 

Look at Goalie - dropping stats like Galileo dropped the orange!

I don't know how many freaking times we have to go over the fact that his leading the league in YFS is a volume stat and is a testament to the great backs in the league being injured for multiple games. It doesn't change the fact that Grigsby has had one great game this season followed by alternating good games with complete duds.

Tell me whose stat line for the season this is...

11 for 37

7 for 26

18 for 138

12 for 72

8 for 38

15 for 70

6 for 29

6 for 11

6 for 14

If you were to guess, Andrew Harris,  you would be correct. One of the best RB's in the league at that... One good game, a bunch of duds.  

Even those great running backs you speak of have had a few dud games too. Not sure if you expect the running back to get 100 yards a game every game but if that's the case, Not gonna happen, Doesn't happen for Harris, he's had a couple good games and a couple duds, doesn't happen for Cornish either, some good, some duds too. 

I don't expect 100 yards a game. I just expect more consistency and hard yardage out of my running back. It was incredible watching Volny take two runs and get 9 yards in the LDC, something Grigsby just cannot do and it's not like Volny is even a decent RB. As of now, Grigsby has no import backup and to say we gave Cotton a fair chance is ridiculous. It's like saying Grigsby's game against BC where he went 15 carries for 19 yards was a fair chance. And that was a better chance than anything Cotton got.