Paris Cotton moved to practice roster

Mr. Perfect

Don't teams have to release a player and then re-sign them to the PR?  Or did that change with the new CBA?  I always thought it wasn't a "transfer" but two separate transactions.  If that's the case, Penton was technically correct. 

but he's still technically a ******

edit. That starred out word should remind you of commercials where women are running on a beach and talking about "freshness"

Don't teams have to release a player and then re-sign them to the PR?  Or did that change with the new CBA?  I always thought it wasn't a "transfer" but two separate transactions.  If that's the case, Penton was technically correct. 

It's supposed to be the CFL's version of clearing waivers.  Did it change in the last CBA?  Considering that other teams can already try to take players off the PR if they want to, eliminating this step would streamline the process of a simple roster shuffle.

Much ado over nothing lol.

Except for Cotton its a big deal I am sure , it also probably means someone has passed him on the depth chart...

Could just be due to injuries, he wasn't dressing the last few games anyway so why not put a couple other guys on the reserve list instead, guys that might help out a bit more.. Maybe both Booker Mosely and Pall get on the 46 man this week, one will probably sit though. 

Sometimes can;t stand Winnipeg fans. Nothing is good enough.  We have the single best RB in the league this year in Grigsby, and people STILL aren't happy with him.  Our oline makes him look bad, but the fact remains he leads the league in numerous stat columns.

Our best RB since Charles.  The cuts baby, the cuts he makes!

Except for Cotton its a big deal I am sure , it also probably means someone has passed him on the depth chart...

Could just be due to injuries, he wasn't dressing the last few games anyway so why not put a couple other guys on the reserve list instead, guys that might help out a bit more.. Maybe both Booker Mosely and Pall get on the 46 man this week, one will probably sit though. 

With all the injuries his spot likely goes to a Dlineman this week.  If we have enough bodies.

Sometimes can;t stand Winnipeg fans. Nothing is good enough.  We have the single best RB in the league this year in Grigsby, and people STILL aren't happy with him.  Our oline makes him look bad, but the fact remains he leads the league in numerous stat columns.

Grigsby is the best RB in the league?? Are you serious?

Grigsby is a case where the numbers don't tell the whole story.  He is getting better though as the season progresses.

I should hope he leads the league! He's played more games than any other running back. He leads the league in the same way he got the starting job in the first place, everyone else got hurt. 

Grigsby is a case where the numbers don't tell the whole story.  He is getting better though as the season progresses.

But I wouldn't argue cuts as one of his strong points.  He's fast and does a great job finding spaces on the field away from tacklers.  I'd give Cotton the nod when it comes to cuts, by a sizable margin.  His cuts were his most impressive attribute in pre-season.

This is true only if you disqualify the 6 or 7 RB's in the league that are actually better at running the ball than Grigsby.  If I really think about it I might come up with 10 who are better.

I think this is the most logical conclusion, juggling the numbers to get more help for the D-line on game day.

@PentonKirk: Paris Cotton's agent is contacting other CFL teams, looking for an active roster spot for his client. #Bombers

I could see Ottawa having interest with Walker out for the season.

Gable is hurt in Hamilton too. Not sure how long he is out.