Royal Blues

Floyd

Nice job pushing for the Royal Blues, guys...  keep it up

Pretty vague excuses coming back...

'Need to figure out a road jersey?' - In one day, I'm sure this forum can come up with a nice road jersey... for half the price of Reebok's design team

'Not quite that simple...?' - In what way?  Can the bombers/CFL provide details why not?  We've changed jerseys every two years it seems since 1994...  why not change for 2015 season again?

@MorningBigBlue Not quite that simple, unfortunately!

My guess, it means the league needs to approve them and probably won't. I don't think this is purely a bombers choice at all, i think the league tells them they can't always wear them.

The unfortunately part at the end suggests they would definitely like to wear them more, it leads me to believe that their hands are a bit tied up though by the league. 

I doubt the league dictates what shade of a colour a team can wear. My guess is there's a contract in place with their current home and road's with reebok, or something like that.

Made me go look at my royal blue jersey in my closet to see who made it and what do you know... Reebok. 

Wonder what the issue is then, gotta be contractual then since Reebok is the one who made the jersey in my closet. 

At least they're making it known they're aware.

That's progress.

I wonder if they're aware of the CFL.ca poll where over 90% of cfl fans voted the bombers jerseys at best in the league. The picture shown was royal blue. That number is very high considering personal biases across the country.

As per Darrin Bauming, the club doesn't want to switch to the royal blues because they can't find a concept for a road uniform to complement it. They don't want to wear white.

... They do realize the gold jersey they have now is hideous right?

just bite the bullet and wear white, they've worn white road jerseys right up until they got these latest ass ugly things. 

What's wrong with the Bombers going with stuff like this ?

Obviously just put Royal Blue in with the numbers, piping, etc.

gold_black_3.jpg

nike_saints_1423.jpg

51ocaE4Wh2L._SX342_.jpg

gold-white.PNG

Nike-24-Gold-Replica-Football-Jersey-0.j

GT_football_unis.jpg

red_zone_steelmesh_football_jerseyvegas_\

If the bombers are going to come up with excuses, they should at least come up with something that makes sense.

I tried to chat for a minute with Miller at Wayne's world In Regina last weekend... I was dismissed, told my sign was too risqué for a picture with him too. I told him to change the jerseys back to royal blue and he ignored me.

What was the sign you were carrying?  And couldn't you have just put it to the side for the picture?

Also, regarding the main topic, it's shear idiocy that they say they can't or won't go back to the royal blues.  That just sounds like BS to me.  And that they say they don't want to wear white on the road.  Are they seriously trying to tell us with all the designers in this world that they can't come up with a cool road jersey.

...although considering the crap they put out for the signature jersey's I guess I'm not surprised.

I tried to chat for a minute with Miller at Wayne's world In Regina last weekend... I was dismissed, told my sign was too risqué for a picture with him too. I told him to change the jerseys back to royal blue and he ignored me.

What was the sign you were carrying?  And couldn't you have just put it to the side for the picture?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154537308225176&set=a.10152036369670176.893452.784365175&type=1&theater

He didn't give me a chance to.  Whatever It's not the end of the world.

Lots of royal blue in Regina last weekend, and their fans often commented on how nice they were.

I would be very interested to know how much the league put out for the design fees for the ugly creations.

Probably nothing.  The Reebok's of the world usually bid to provide the jerseys to professional sports teams and in return get income from the sale of jerseys and other merchandise.

That is why the teams will have a minimum number of times they have to wear them.

As per Darrin Bauming, the club doesn't want to switch to the royal blues because they can't find a concept for a road uniform to complement it. They don't want to wear white.

just bite the bullet and wear white, they've worn white road jerseys right up until they got these latest ass ugly things. 

Hate to say this but whoever is spewing this garbage of an excuse from the Bombers is a moron. Wear white... Like everybody else everywhere. 

Hate to say this but whoever is spewing this garbage of an excuse from the Bombers is a moron. Wear white... Like everybody else everywhere. 

White with gold pants looks good.

Gainer sucking a ****?

That was my sign. Lol