NFL update on players potentially of Bomber interest

Mr. Perfect

I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Sam. With the Flames owning the team & a player like Jon Cornish can't see him not being welcomed here. I mean, I think he's a better person than Quincy Butler.

What???

Got his forums mixed up...

But what does Jon Cornish have to do with Michael Sam?

@Mike, TBieber and Rids...

any Bombers neglister(s) among NFL cuts today?

Mike Kafka has been on our neg list previously.  Hard to know if he is now.  I believe we've had Armanti Edwards on our neg list too, not sure if we do now, but he was cut by the Bears.  Probably would play RB/receiver, but was a college QB.

GJ Kinne (Als), Tajh Boyd (Ticats) and Jeff Tuel (Lions) could be QB's headed north soon, Kinne especially.

Seahawks waived RB Spencer Ware, TE RaShaun Allen, CB Akeem Auguste, RB Demitrius Bronson, WR Arceto Clark, QB B.J. Daniels, G Caylin Hauptmann, T Nate Isles, C Patrick Lewis, WR Chris Matthews, DE Benson Mayowa, S Terrance Parks, TE Morrell Presley, DT Andru Pulu, FB Kiero Small, DT Jimmy Staten, S Steven Terrell, LB Korey Toomer and WR Bryan Walters.

I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Sam. With the Flames owning the team & a player like Jon Cornish can't see him not being welcomed here. I mean, I think he's a better person than Quincy Butler.

What???

Got his forums mixed up...

But what does Jon Cornish have to do with Michael Sam?

Cornish would ensure there was no homophobic crap in the locker room as he is very outspoken on that subject as his mother is married to a woman.

What???

Meant to say "there". Typo on my part. Flames own the Stamps & President  Brian Burke's son was gay. Burke is now a huge proponent of welcoming gay players into both hockey dressing rooms & football locker rooms. Cornish mother's a lesbian. He was very vocal in his support of Michael Sam coming out just before the NFL Draft. Of all CFL teams THEY (Stamps) would probably be the most welcoming. Hopefully my post makes sense now. 

Hunt has been waived by the Colts too.

Speaking of receivers, who owns Nate Burleson's rights?

He's 33 years old. No way he's coming to Canada.
could of replaced 33 with 35 and people said the same thing about Chad Johnson.

Much different agendas.

Do you know Burleson personally? What's his agenda?

No, but I do know that Burleson 33 year old wide receiver who is well respected within the NFL for how he conducts himself, which is obviously the opposite of the latter. The downside is that can't stay healthy, and can't play the slot (which is why he got cut in Cleveland) versus a 36 year old receiver who has essentially been blackballed from the NFL because of his antics on and off the field, nevermind the fact it's clear that he has no business playing football anymore. Johnson is up here for two reasons - He gets the attention he craves, and Wettenhall gets to sell a few extra tickets. Burleson is one of those veterans that because he is well respected, and can run good routes and has good hands, that could easily be a veteran pick up for a team in the NFL that gets into injury trouble. Even if that wasn't the case, he'd have zero reason to entertain the idea of playing here based on where he is in his career - But hey if you want to imply otherwise, I'm not going to stop you from being wrong. :)