Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)

gbill2004

Good for Dressler. I'm glad he resigned with the Riders.

It's good for him. It's bad for the rest of us now b/c now, assuming he doesn't play, we'll have to see 10k closeups of him on the Rider sidelines during the game this weekend.

Isn't that exactly what happened when Fantuz came back a few years ago? He was on the sidelines for the Labor Day game the day after he signed.

Yup, but this time Dressler will be in the line up and I hope someone takes an unreal wicked run at him...just absolutely tee off and lay the wood to this guy. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to see him get Woodcock-ed...

What's this about?  Do you have anger control issues or just generally wish physical harm on anybody who doesn't play for your team?

Generally speaking I want to see all the best players playing so there are no excuses when my team kicks another team's a$$ but I guess that's just me.

...This.

It's good for him. It's bad for the rest of us now b/c now, assuming he doesn't play, we'll have to see 10k closeups of him on the Rider sidelines during the game this weekend.

Isn't that exactly what happened when Fantuz came back a few years ago? He was on the sidelines for the Labor Day game the day after he signed.

Yup, but this time Dressler will be in the line up and I hope someone takes an unreal wicked run at him...just absolutely tee off and lay the wood to this guy. Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to see him get Woodcock-ed...

What's this about?  Do you have anger control issues or just generally wish physical harm on anybody who doesn't play for your team?

Generally speaking I want to see all the best players playing so there are no excuses when my team kicks another team's a$$ but I guess that's just me.

And maybe you don't remember, but getting the Woodcock treatment is not dirty play either, that was just a safety coming downhill and making the hit. I want my defensive players to tee off on anyone on the other team legally. Send a message. 

And maybe you don't remember, but getting the Woodcock treatment is not dirty play either, that was just a safety coming downhill and making the hit. I want my defensive players to tee off on anyone on the other team legally. Send a message

Totally agree with hard and legal hits.  I just (perhaps falsely) interpreted taking a "wicked run" as a dirty cheap shot.

Gotta say I'm surprised that Dressler left 50K on the table.  Maybe the half-season (9-11 games) contract was worth more to him than 1.5 seasons in Ottawa.

Way more than that if what iso said about Glenn Suitor is true.  

Desjardins was reportedly offering $250k, not pro-rated for this season.  Not factoring any signing bonus, thats upwards of $27k/game for 9 games. 

According to Madani, Riders final offer was $200k ($190k salary, $10k bonus) pro-rated, meaning for 9 games, half a season thats $95k + the $10k bonus =$105k,   or $11.6k/game for 9 games.  Less than half.  It's more like he left $145k on the table, which seems completely crazy.

At least this is how I am understanding it. 

I want Rider fan enjoyment to be as short lived as possible......

Good luck with that.  The Roughriders this year have a mean and nasty defence and absolutely savage offensive line.  Should the Riders stay healthy they have a very good chance at repeating as champs.  If not, they will still be in the mix.

Gotta say I'm surprised that Dressler left 50K on the table.  Maybe the half-season (9-11 games) contract was worth more to him than 1.5 seasons in Ottawa.

Way more than that if what iso said about Glenn Suitor is true.  

Desjardins was reportedly offering $250k, not pro-rated for this season.  Not factoring any signing bonus, thats upwards of $27k/game for 9 games. 

According to Madani, Riders final offer was $200k ($190k salary, $10k bonus) pro-rated, meaning for 9 games, half a season thats $95k + the $10k bonus =$105k,   or $11.6k/game for 9 games.  Less than half.

At least this is how I am understanding it. 

How can this be?  Everybody is about the money and nobody wants to be in Regina?

:D

Good luck with that.  The Roughriders this year have a mean and nasty defence and absolutely savage offensive line.  Should the Riders stay healthy they have a very good chance at repeating as champs.  If not, they will still be in the mix.

Durant needs to be better than he has been for that to happen. Now maybe getting Dressler back helps his cause but you won't win a championship relying as heavily on the run as the Riders have been. 

The difference here may have been that Desjardins insisted on a deal that went beyond this season.

And well he should if the reports of the offer were true.  Wouldn't help his team much if Dressler ran off at the end of the current season.

That's one way of looking at it. However, one could also say Desjardins not in a great position to insist anything. Sign Dressler for the rest of the season and work on getting him signed for the next year and beyond.

Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Disappointed for Dressler he couldn't make it in the NFL.  I'm sure he is as well.

The difference here may have been that Desjardins insisted on a deal that went beyond this season.

And well he should if the reports of the offer were true.  Wouldn't help his team much if Dressler ran off at the end of the current season.

That's one way of looking at it. However, one could also say Desjardins not in a great position to insist anything. Sign Dressler for the rest of the season and work on getting him signed for the next year and beyond.

It's a given that Desjardins is insane but if he offered Dressler $250,000 for the remaining games this year with no commitment to next season he would need  to be locked away for the benefit of all.

The second worst part of this (first is him returning for games against us) is that this is now going to be the TSN Talking Point for the game.  Glen Suitor might have an orgasm in the booth.

We can only hope it will be Glen Suitor and not Rod Black gushing on and on and on and on......

To be cautious I'm turning the volume down 3 hours before and 3 hours after the game just in case he's still blabbing on about Westy.

And maybe you don't remember, but getting the Woodcock treatment is not dirty play either, that was just a safety coming downhill and making the hit. I want my defensive players to tee off on anyone on the other team legally. Send a message. 

Ah, yes. I've heard of the Woodcock treatment before. Nothing wrong with that.

The second worst part of this (first is him returning for games against us) is that this is now going to be the TSN Talking Point for the game.  Glen Suitor might have an orgasm in the booth.

We can only hope it will be Glen Suitor and not Rod Black gushing on and on and on and on......

To be cautious I'm turning the volume down 3 hours before and 3 hours after the game just in case he's still blabbing on about Westy.

Probably both.