Stamps vs Ottawa/ Riders vs Lions

Jpan85

Ottawa game -   Burris has checked out big time.... that defense played big but was to tired by the end.    Contrary to what Goalie said the game was close up until the last quarter when the D gassed out.    

I think DeMarco should get a start.... Burris needs his ego put in check and that offense needs something new.   

BC Sask game -  I can't believe BC lost to Tino Sunseri lol... in fairness the guy didn't look all that bad out there.  BC sucks at stopping the run and they let this game get away...

Tim Brown gave them fantastic field position all night and Glenn naturally couldn't finish any of his drives.   He started off hot... got hit and was completely out of rhythm.   I think Glenn would of been toast in Ottawa had he stayed and I think he's worn out his welcome in BC now also.

Riders D had nice pressure... still not sold on their secondary.      Clearly they can run the ball and throw the odd one to Getlaf....  

We can only hope that the Blue actually can stop the run for once....

The score in that Ottawa Calgary game might have been close for most the game but it was obvious who the better team was and who was going to win... For a while there, i kept thinking,  If Ottawa could get anything out of their Offence, they might win this one but... after seeing  Hank check out of the game, earlier than he actually did, and seeing the receivers just flat out giving up on passes, some weren't very catchable, it was obvious Calgary was going to win. 

might have been 8-7 for a long time but that score flatters the redblacks big time cuz calgary pretty much controlled the time of possession the entire game, Ottawa did nothing offensively, at half they had 58 total yards and 52 penalty yards.. It wasn't as close as the 8-7 score indicated. 

Riders looked very beatable today and were lucky to squeak out a win over BC, so we have reason to be optimistic. Can't have another fumble-fest, though.

Disagree....

If you listen to some of the denizens, on RF.....their current winning streak (including the one against us)....is one for the ages...

The score in that Ottawa Calgary game might have been close for most the game but it was obvious who the better team was and who was going to win... For a while there, i kept thinking,  If Ottawa could get anything out of their Offence, they might win this one but... after seeing  Hank check out of the game, earlier than he actually did, and seeing the receivers just flat out giving up on passes, some weren't very catchable, it was obvious Calgary was going to win. 

might have been 8-7 for a long time but that score flatters the redblacks big time cuz calgary pretty much controlled the time of possession the entire game, Ottawa did nothing offensively, at half they had 58 total yards and 52 penalty yards.. It wasn't as close as the 8-7 score indicated. 

When Hank starts getting that "not my fault" look.....the slides are greased...

Burris looks bad because Ottawa has no legit receiving options. Desjardins really failed in that area. I suspect they throw a ton of money at Dressler and Matthews when they become available.

Why wouldn't he be trying to bring in Greg Carr, Doug Pierce and/or Priche Rodriguez from the Arena league, or contacting Joe Mack to track down some young receiver talent from the States?  TJ Harris, Kurt Adams, and Jade Etienne are still available too.

Riders looked very beatable today and were lucky to squeak out a win over BC, so we have reason to be optimistic. Can't have another fumble-fest, though.

Disagree....

If you listen to some of the denizens, on RF.....their current winning streak (including the one against us)....is one for the ages...

It's not like the Riders are the defending Grey Cup Champions or anything.

;)

Disagree....

It's not like the Riders are the defending Grey Cup Champions or anything.

;)

With the amount of movement in the CFL each offseason, combined with the expansion draft, being the defending champs doesn't mean an incredible amount. Sure, it gives you a head start (and some instant respect), but that'll only go so far.

Then again, despite the West's dominance, every single team has looked beatable this season. Calgary's offense hasn't impressed me at all, including against Ottawa, B.C. and Saskatchewan are very hot and cold, and Edmonton is riding high on its defense for the time being (which could carry them all the way through, but rarely does in this league). The Bombers are still so unknown, even at 6-3 -- they're somewhere between an average team and an elite team, and it'll probably take until close to the end of the regular season to really know what kind of team they'll be (hopefully) heading into the playoffs, regardless of their actual record.

The fact that the Bombers, after a few rough offensive outings and with MB as the OC, are still #1 in the league in many offensive categories, definitely says something about the entire state of offenses in the CFL this year. At least 6 teams can lay claim to a solid defense (and Ottawa's is coming together, too), but who would you actually be worried about regularly putting up 400 yards of total offense? The Bombers, Lions, and Argos are really the only ones who have done it even semi-consistently this year.

When Hank starts getting that "not my fault" look.....the slides are greased...

during the half time interview he basically pouted and said "no one is doing their job." has to be a shitty locker room in the capital 

Burris looks bad because Ottawa has no legit receiving options. Desjardins really failed in that area. I suspect they throw a ton of money at Dressler and Matthews when they become available.

Why wouldn't he be trying to bring in Greg Carr, Doug Pierce and/or Priche Rodriguez from the Arena league, or contacting Joe Mack to track down some young receiver talent from the States?  TJ Harris, Kurt Adams, and Jade Etienne are still available too.

I suspect the ORBs will make Dressler a ridiculous offer he can't refuse and they may go after Matthews as well once he is cut.