Stamps vs Ottawa/ Riders vs Lions

Jpan85

The fans were never the issue in Ottawa, not sure why anyone thinks that. They have had the worst ownership groups in the CFL in the past. The attendance has always been good. I can't blame them for booing, their team hasn't scored an offensive touchdown at home this year besides the trick play one and i believe that might be considered a special teams touchdown. And demarco is hurt on a tough play there, guy got tackled in to him, He done for a while now. 

2005 Ottawa Renegades Attendance
  • Capacity: 29,862
  • High: 20,833
  • Avg: 18,489 (9 out of 9 games)
  • Variance over 2004 Avg: -4,559.0
  • Low: 16,303
  • Sellouts: 0
  • % of Capacity: 61.92%
  • Variance from League Avg: -9,959

Closest the Renegades got to league average attendance was within 2000.  Fan support is an issue in Ottawa, although their stadium now is ridiculously small.  It will have to be soldout for that franchise to exist long term.  Attendance for Ottawa football teams peaked in the mid-1970s, then fell off a cliff.

Wow that's really rough.

Bo Levi Mitchell reveals Joe West played in Ottawa today despite losing his brother this morning. Told Bo to tell the world. Wow #Stamps

— Matthew Scianitti (@TSNScianitti)

August 24, 2014

Wow! That's bloody awful. I bet he was just playing to keep his mind off the tragedy of it. Condolences. Sucks when someone you love dies.

I am curious why there was no flag on the play Glenn got hurt on. He was clearly sliding and two guys went and landed on him, Do they only protect the "star" qbs or what?

Ultimately I think BC screwed themselves in the game when they took a roughing penalty on 2nd down and followed it up with a shanked punt out of bounds. Would have been punting from mid field and probably pinning the riders deep, instead the penalties pushed the Riders up to near midfield and totally flipped the field around.