Infirmary Update

JayPee

I also heard from the TSN 1290 report that the Bombers will make a switch on the RB.

Said, Cotton will start ahead of Grigsby.
I guess this is the day Cotton has been waiting for.

An opportunity to steal this starting job by very good performance.

A fail could probably mean bye-bye for him ( to give opportunity to the other backs) since I dont see Grigsby going anywhere.

I would think we can keep both Cotton and Grigsby; we aren't really hurt by any SMS cap that either player would take and not playing really means even less pay for a rook.  You always need a back-up RB as well and want to have depth so I don't know if it makes sense to cut him we have a lot of vets that aren't performing at all that would free up more cap space and could then be replaced in much more needed areas.  I think we have room to keep three RB's on the pay roll maybe even four if they are decent utility guys even though Cotton hasn't proven to be a great utility guy yet.

I would think we can keep both Cotton and Grigsby; we aren't really hurt by any SMS cap that either player would take and not playing really means even less pay for a rook.  You always need a back-up RB as well and want to have depth so I don't know if it makes sense to cut him we have a lot of vets that aren't performing at all that would free up more cap space and could then be replaced in much more needed areas.  I think we have room to keep three RB's on the pay roll maybe even four if they are decent utility guys even though Cotton hasn't proven to be a great utility guy yet.

Grigsby shown he has the skill to be a RB/WR type guy so he's safe in my books, at least to be that 2nd RB.

If Cotton doesn't cut it, no need to waste time. Give others the chance. Or If I'm Walters I'll make a trade for Tim Brown who's buried on the Lions depth chart.

Grigsby shown he has the skill to be a RB/WR type guy so he's safe in my books, at least to be that 2nd RB.

If Cotton doesn't cut it, no need to waste time. Give others the chance. Or If I'm Walters I'll make a trade for Tim Brown who's buried on the Lions depth chart.

Time for Cotton to cook or get off the stove. If he isn't good enough to help the Bombers or challenge Grigsby, send him down the road.

Time for Cotton to cook or get off the stove. If he isn't good enough to help the Bombers or challenge Grigsby, send him down the road.

you give Grigsby almost half a year but Cotton one despite Grigsby only getting the job in the first place due to injury?

you give Grigsby almost half a year but Cotton one despite Grigsby only getting the job in the first place due to injury?

The point was that we need to find out if Cotton has the ability to play at the level needed. Grigsby is such a mixed bag that the only true thing we can say about him is that he has the potential but is inconsistent. Our running game is nothing short of pathetic, and it may not be completely the fault of Grigsby but something has to change or we're down to the definition of insanity.

The point was that we need to find out if Cotton has the ability to play at the level needed. Grigsby is such a mixed bag that the only true thing we can say about him is that he has the potential but is inconsistent. Our running game is nothing short of pathetic, and it may not be completely the fault of Grigsby but something has to change or we're down to the definition of insanity.

My point is that Montreal for all their flaws has a tough defense and is pretty good against the run regardless so judging the running game with Cotton only on what he does against Montreal is not a good idea. Grigsby got 8 games to show he couldn't handle the load, we gotta give Cotton a couple at least. For my money he was one of the best offensive players we dressed in preseason, give him a fair judgement period. 

Cotton deserves a few games at least to prove himself again... Also, I'm not adverse to cutting either one if Bolton or even if meggett comes back and looks impressive....

Got keep on looking to level up... At all spots on the field.... Never stop looking..

My point is that Montreal for all their flaws has a tough defense and is pretty good against the run regardless so judging the running game with Cotton only on what he does against Montreal is not a good idea. Grigsby got 8 games to show he couldn't handle the load, we gotta give Cotton a couple at least. For my money he was one of the best offensive players we dressed in preseason, give him a fair judgement period. 

Pre-season is pre-season though. There are lot of names that stand out durin the preseason that are not in Blue&gold now.

Gribsby is still No 1 in the league.  O'Shea says the problems are breakdowns in which any one player causes the whole play to fail. He did not seem too concerned of that remaining the same. So we've lost two games. Watching the games over again and looking only at the running plays, I can't see how any other running backs could have done much better. As soon as he got the ball he was looking at one solid wall of players. He runs to the line where he thinks the hole that was supposed to be opened only to find nothing there. 

It seems we are replaying the first two games and the other guys are no longer buying it. We have to develop a system where we make them pay big time when they empty the defensive backfield. Gribsby play package has changed very little since the start of the year.

I can't talk to Cotton's ability other than to say he might not have done better in the last two games. I believe S'Shea when he says it will take time to get the guys in sync.

Gribsby is still No 1 in the league.  O'Shea says the problems are breakdowns in which any one player causes the whole play to fail. He did not seem too concerned of that remaining the same. So we've lost two games. Watching the games over again and looking only at the running plays, I can't see how any other running backs could have done much better. As soon as he got the ball he was looking at one solid wall of players. He runs to the line where he thinks the hole that was supposed to be opened only to find nothing there. 

It seems we are replaying the first two games and the other guys are no longer buying it. We have to develop a system where we make them pay big time when they empty the defensive backfield. Gribsby play package has changed very little since the start of the year.

I can't talk to Cotton's ability other than to say he might not have done better in the last two games. I believe S'Shea when he says it will take time to get the guys in sync.

At we're still in second and long most of the time.

A RB who is more decisive and able to gain positive yards after contact could not do worse than Grigsby has on 95% of his runs for almost no gain.