Time For The Als To Hire Barresi As OC

Looks like Ryan Dinwiddie has called his last game as OC if I'm Tom Higgins.  Barresi should get another shot at being an OC, Lapolice shafted him for stuff that wasn't his fault in an attempt to bury the real problems on O.  If you're gonna pick someone who knows what he's doing as an OC, Barresi is a name out there.  Think Montreal should do something about it.

TBURGESS, on 01 Aug 2014 - 9:34 PM, said:

Doug Berry's a better OC, but Montreal fired him early this year, so he's not likely going back now.

Yeah I would take him too, but seems Wetenhall doesn't want him in town.  The QB situation for them is bad, but I been saying it a while now that Dinwiddie has no business etching up and calling plays.  Since they don't want Berry and there's not a whole lot of other household names out there, why not give Jamie a call?  I mean maybe he couldn't do a lot, but he certainly has more experience as a qualified OC than Dinwiddie does.

When the QB'S can't throw the ball or complete a pass, man... doesn't matter what the OC is calling. 

Now Bourke is probably done for the season, his reaction on the field certainly made it seem like a brutal injury. I'm gonna say it, it looks good on Montreal, i hate them and always have and always will. Love to see the als struggle, they always came across as being an egostical dbag organization back to the days when the don was the coach, looks good on them. 

Montreal wasn't very good last season either though, you lose AC and you struggle bad there, turns out AC was the reason the als were good for so long.

When the QB'S can't throw the ball or complete a pass, man... doesn't matter what the OC is calling. 

Now Bourke is probably done for the season, his reaction on the field certainly made it seem like a brutal injury. I'm gonna say it, it looks good on Montreal, i hate them and always have and always will. Love to see the als struggle, they always came across as being an egostical dbag organization back to the days when the don was the coach, looks good on them. 

Montreal wasn't very good last season either though, you lose AC and you struggle bad there, turns out AC was the reason the als were good for so long.

I will agree Brink should not be in there, he's never been any better than 3rd string level, but Dinwiddie has certainly been running a faulty unanchored system and is unqualified to call plays.  It most certainly does have an effect on the offense.  But anyway, just glad this is someone else's team and not the bombers.

I wonder if Lapo would go back to coaching.

Has a pretty sweet gig with TSN, especially with a younger family.   Wonder what the money is like.

If offered a HC job, which if one of these East teams like Montreal and Ottawa never get out of the hole, he probably will.  Somehow, I don't know that he'd settle for an OC job with Higgins.  Don't know what their history is together, but guessing he would want all the marbles as a HC.

I wonder if Lapo would go back to coaching.

Has a pretty sweet gig with TSN, especially with a younger family.   Wonder what the money is like.

If offered a HC job, which if one of these East teams like Montreal and Ottawa never get out of the hole, he probably will.  Somehow, I don't know that he'd settle for an OC job with Higgins.  Don't know what their history is together, but guessing he would want all the marbles as a HC.

Don't think they've ever worked together.  It really depends how badly he wants to get into coaching again.  Chances are if he wants to get back to a head coach again he will have to go back to being a coordinator first.  His stint in Winnipeg, regardless of the situation he was put in, was too much of a mixed bag.

Also, I'm not sure Montreal is the right situation to "show" what he can do, especially if it is an interim mid season type of deal.