15 carries for 19 yards

Biggest tragedy was cutting Ford without giving him a chance to show his stuff this year especially since he was the incumbent.  I'm all for giving the ball to Cotton now as I believe he is the best of the three but you can't convince me that Grigsby was ever better than Ford.  Ford was just as ineffective running inside but he was deadly when he got to the outside and he was also a great kick returner.  Oh well.

Grigsby did nothing to help the team or his cause last night. You could excuse his lack of production running on a sub-par O-line, but his blocking (or lack thereof)  is going to cost us quarterback sooner or later, and I hated how he just stood there and watched the ball roll around at his feet when it came loose. That was all on him and maybe he's just too dumb to play in this league.

I haven't been a Grigsby fan at any point this season and am sticking with that assessment.  Cotton should be in there, and if not him, then someone else.  

I'm with you. I never hated his play or anything, but from what I saw of Cotton it was always easy for me to see why he was #1 on the depth chart coming out of pre-season.

Listening to the post game show after the Ottawa game just killed me though. "He had 3 touchdowns! He's like Willard Reeves, but BETTER ! ! !" :rolleyes:

Woah, he had 3 one yard TDs in his second game ever? Just put his bust on display in Hamilton right now and save yourselves the trouble.

O'Shea on the running game last night:

"If you’re losing a bunch of yards, it’s not Nic Grigsby -- we have to look at the line blocking. But sure, we want to run the ball better. But we came to BC and won. And that’s a tough place to win. However it looks on the stats sheet -- let’s take it for what it is, we won. It’s a tough place."

I'd probably give Grigsby another week or two... but why not try platooning Aaron Woods?  We know he has good ball control and can catch a ball in the flats...

Need to rewatch the game but I didn't see us running outside a whole lot last game aside from the Denmark play

we want Cotton!

I dunno. To me Cotton is the same type as Grigsby.

except that in preseason Cotton showed a much greater ability to get yards.... Seriously the Grigsby we are seeing now is the same guy we saw in preseason. It's not about type, it's about how effective they are and Cotton in preseason was better at getting a couple extra yards than Grigsby was. A couple extra yards can be the difference between a 2 yard gain and a 4 yard gain and that changes your offence a lot. 

I'll give Grigsby credit as he was effective in the first half as an outlet receiver.  I think what he lacks is creativity and that may be a result of having been away from the game for a few years or a skill that he just never had.  Good backs make things happen, they see space and they find a way to get to it.  Saw Grigsby go off in the wrong direction several times when I thought there was open space in other directions.  None of the BB RB's have the power to make holes where none exist so it's dumb to keep trying it.

The fact that he was repeatedly  caught in the backfield off the hand-off in the second half is a failure of 3 individuals,  himself, Willy and Marcel.

I think we should try to snag bcs 4th string rb who showed well in pre season.

Grigsby didn't have great holes but at least 3 carries he had a decent hole and instead shuttered back and ended being stopped for no gain.

Even Irving wasn't impressed.

we want Cotton!

I dunno. To me Cotton is the same type as Grigsby.

Biggest tragedy was cutting Ford without giving him a chance to show his stuff this year especially since he was the incumbent.

I thought Ford was a better blocker too. I wonder if Woods can try RB?

Some NFL cuts should be making their way north, I believe in a few weeks.