Burke Wanted Glenn

Rich

This is 100% bull ****,     rumours for Glenn were always for a 1st rounder.     Also if this was true why didn't Lawless bring this to light during the off season... this kind of material would of been gold for him to rip apart Mack.

I'm calling 100% bs on this rumour and it's purely just crap that he's trying to throw around.   

Also Burke has been non stop pumping Pierce's tires and saying he's the greatest... if Burke was honest to a fault then he wouldn't of danced around when Irving questioned him during the first 3 losses on questions about the offense stinking and Buck looking bad.     Burke big time was the reason Pierce is back.  Max Hall = Crowton because of the previous connection and Mack = Goltz because it's his recruit.        

Bob Irving just repeated after the coach's show, that Goltz was Mack's guy, which leaves by omission, that Buck was being backed by Burke. (how's that for alliteration?)

See now this lines up with more of what we've seen.  Mack gets fired and Goltz goes from first to third on the depth chart.

See now this lines up with more of what we've seen.  Mack gets fired and Goltz goes from first to third on the depth chart.

Yes, and Buck and Justin were talked to about the reasons and shortcomings that led to this QB shuffle.

And Burke, to his credit, did not muddy anybody's reputation resume to make his point.

Glad Mack is gone. He had no business interfering. Recruit, trade, sign, scout, negotiate & sign contracts. That was his job.

well with regards to the qb I think he was well within his rights to tell them to start someone other than Pierce. He knew he couldn't fire another coach so his options were limited. 

Don't let Irrational lawless hate cloud the reality here. No reason for Lawless to lie and he said it while trying to make a point and didn't want to dwell on it but his co-host insisted on discussing it.

I don't have trouble believing Burke wanted Glenn. And that doesn't mean he dislikes Buck. He just felt Glenn was better.

I could see Mack feeling all things being equal Buck was better (and I don't disagree with him necessarily when Buck was healthy). His "fixing the QB position" was giving Crowton full control and an off season to plan an offence to suit Bucks skillset.

What I find odd is that Burke keeps saying everyone was in agreement about hall but that the discussion was heated. When I agree with people those conversations are never heated. I sort of think Burke was the lone voice against this move and that's where the heat came from.

Burke is smart. If hall lights it up, Burke is the head coach with wisdom enough to trust his OC. If Hall is terrible, Burke just gave Crowton all the rope he needs to hang himself.

Nobody is doing their job, it seems.

I really have no idea who is responsible for what with the Bombers.

My brother was listening to the coaches show last night and the coaches have been anxious to see Hall. Goltz wss having accuracy issues because of footwork. Lends creedence to the theory that Goltz was Mack's guy. If so he shouldn't have been dictating who plays and who doesn't.

Don't let Irrational lawless hate cloud the reality here. No reason for Lawless to lie and he said it while trying to make a point and didn't want to dwell on it but his co-host insisted on discussing it.

I don't have trouble believing Burke wanted Glenn. And that doesn't mean he dislikes Buck. He just felt Glenn was better.

I could see Mack feeling all things being equal Buck was better (and I don't disagree with him necessarily when Buck was healthy). His "fixing the QB position" was giving Crowton full control and an off season to plan an offence to suit Bucks skillset.

What I find odd is that Burke keeps saying everyone was in agreement about hall but that the discussion was heated. When I agree with people those conversations are never heated. I sort of think Burke was the lone voice against this move and that's where the heat came from.

Burke is smart. If hall lights it up, Burke is the head coach with wisdom enough to trust his OC. If Hall is terrible, Burke just gave Crowton all the rope he needs to hang himself.

I'm torn here, because I don't doubt that Burke doesn't want Hall to play. But as he will readily admit, he knows nothing about the offense.

So our toughest decision SHOULD be made by our head coach. But he knows nothing about how to make that decision, which he readily admits.

So what do we do?

Ugh.

I don't buy this I know nothing about the offense so I won't make the decision.

He is the head coach, the leader. His job is to listen to the arguments of his offensive coaches, the reasons they want to play a different QB, then armed with that information HE has to make the final decision.

Want Buono a defensive coach? You never would have heard him say such a thing.