Burke Wanted Glenn

Rich

Assuming this story is true it appears that, no, he really didn't love Buck as much as some believe.

On your other point, I agree it was a mistake to not make the deal.

But Mack said he would fix the position, then didn't deal for a QB, and now that he's gone old #4 moves up the depth chart.

It will be hard to convince me Burke doesn't love Buck. There are too many words and actions supporting otherwise.

Or, Burke being the good soldier, towed the company line.

that.

he was saying all the good things about Mack's free agent (Buck Pierce) that he was told to. especially when his boss told him that there wouldn't be a QB riding in from out of town on a white horse, at that point, he may as well support his de facto #1.

that.

he was saying all the good things about Mack's free agent (Buck Pierce) that he was told to. especially when his boss told him that there wouldn't be a QB riding in from out of town on a white horse, at that point, he may as well support his de facto #1.

but the Burke love for PIerce started before the offseason even hit and the bombers even talked about where they were going with the qb position. Burke was waiting with baited breathe to get Pierce healthy last season, I just don't accept that he was full of **** when he talked about how much he liked Pierce because he's come across as a very straight shooter thus far. 

but the Burke love for PIerce started before the offseason even hit and the bombers even talked about where they were going with the qb position. Burke was waiting with baited breathe to get Pierce healthy last season, I just don't accept that he was full of **** when he talked about how much he liked Pierce because he's come across as a very straight shooter thus far. 

doesn't matter when it started. he towed the company line and paid lip service to the boss' QB.

So, we're now supposed to believe everything Lawless floats out there?

I don't know...each group has their own stance, but it seemed to me, Burke and Buck wanted Buck to succeed.

Just now on the coach's show:

"I'm always going to feel good about Joe" (there was no hint he was just saying that in the way he did)

"Miller says he wants them to be a team" and they're all working together. They'll address things together with Marcel involved.

Wade won't get involved in coaching.

Burke thinks it's a positive thing.

All assts. unanimously said Hall should start.

"Goltz should look at it as I need to grow more.- Still has a chance to be a good QB."

Tons of meetings already about moving forward.

He sounded less stressed and more hopeful. Does not sound defeated.

doesn't matter when it started. he towed the company line and paid lip service to the boss' QB.

well it does matter because Glenn never would have been floated out there until the offseason. Remember when Pierce was first raving about PIerce (Crowton too) Glenn was the starting qb for the stamps who then took his team to the grey cup game. 

Lawless is a POS and has been smearing Mack every chance he gets, this just reeks of more of that. 

Burke liking Pierce compared to what we had at qb is very different from liking him over Kevin Glenn.