Bonus Do or Die Detailed Half Time Report

Don't think the Julio Figaro Galafino play was a drop .Looked like Willy threw it to the wrong side and JFG made a great last second adjustment to make it close.

at the game JFG stopped running actually, he slowed down, if anything JFG misjudged the throw a wee bit. It was pretty obvious in person, He got his hand on it, he stopped running for a few seconds, If he didn't, Touchdown. I'm going to say it, Watson makes that catch and scores,JFG has been good but Guaranteed Watson catches it and scores. JFG has been a very nice surprise though, not really much press when we signed him, but has turned out nice for us.

Thanks, the old Citizen black and white let me down for the first time, 12 inches of pure beauty. First time for everything.

I have some concerns that we've looked progressively worse in each game since the Toronto blowout, but it's certainly possible that injuries are to blame...

Well outside of the first quarter of the Ottawa game... the last 3 quarters they looked absolutely fantastic.  

Against Montreal for the most part they played solid outside of the o-line.

Last night was just a stinker all around with exception to a few guys on D.  It wasn't really them being greatly outcoached or that the players are all awful and did not have the opportunities to make things happen... it was a collection of back breaking mistakes....

Don't think the Julio Figaro Galafino play was a drop .Looked like Willy threw it to the wrong side and JFG made a great last second adjustment to make it close.

at the game JFG stopped running actually, he slowed down, if anything JFG misjudged the throw a wee bit. It was pretty obvious in person, He got his hand on it, he stopped running for a few seconds, If he didn't, Touchdown. I'm going to say it, Watson makes that catch and scores,JFG has been good but Guaranteed Watson catches it and scores. JFG has  been a very nice surprise though, not really much press when we signed him, but has turned out nice for us. 

watch the game if you pvr'd it. The throw was behind him, he slowed down because he had to try get back to the ball. If he keeps running he's nowhere near the ball.  It was a ball that could have been caught, but not an easy catch because he had to slow and turn back to reach out for it being behind him.

We weren't as good as we looked in the first three games, and we probably aren't as bad as we looked against the Esks. For the first three games, the football gods smiled on us and we got a lot of breaks that could have gone the other way. Then the gods were angered and everything fell apart on the offensive side.

Lets see what happens against the BC *******.

It also impresses me that one of the bigger lacks we have at the moment is a sticky-fingered game-breaker receiver like we had in Uncle Miltie. Kelly has had his moments, but not consistently and Nic Moore has not lived up to his advance billing. Maybe one will fall into our laps after NFL cut-downs.

It also impresses me that one of the bigger lacks we have at the moment is a sticky-fingered game-breaker receiver like we had in Uncle Miltie. Kelly has had his moments, but not consistently and Nic Moore has not lived up to his advance billing. Maybe one will fall into our laps after NFL cut-downs.

You're looking for the next Milt?  So is every other team.

Now if you are referring to Dave "sticky" Stala, well he may be available.

You're looking for the next Milt?  So is every other team.

Now if you are referring to Dave "sticky" Stala, well he may be available.

I also included the descriptor "game-breaker" which automatically disqualifies Stala. I thought for a brief moment last year, we had one in that Smith-Whatever guy who dazzled and left.

The jfg play was 100% on willy, he had all day to throw to a receiver that was 25 yards wide open and still missed his mark. He rushed the throw and did not put enough air on the ball.

Matter of fact all game he was slow at reading the field and played way more scared than necessary. Kind of looked like the bombers(offense) already believed their hype and spent more of the week partying than practicing.

tracker, on 18 Jul 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

So you don't think Geroy Simon throughout his illustrious career had his bad games of drops?

Guarantee you he did.

The whole team including the receiving corps just had one of those nights.  I think they go back to normal next week.  Maybe not 100 plus yard games, but better production overall I will bet.

SmokinBlue, on 18 Jul 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

The jfg play was 100% on willy, he had all day to throw to a receiver that was 25 yards wide open and still missed his mark. He rushed the throw and did not put enough air on the ball.

Matter of fact all game he was slow at reading the field and played way more scared than necessary. Kind of looked like the bombers(offense) already believed their hype and spent more of the week partying than practicing.

1.  Or perhaps he just faced the CFL's leading toughest defensive line to date and was moved around in the pocket a lot more in this one?  Not to mention I believe he may be one of the league's most sacked QBs now?

2.  Pretty wild speculation and I'm not buying that one.  Just because you have a bad week in the CFL doesn't mean you didn't prepare for the game.  Could have a great week of practice, but have the wheels come off at game time.  And you could be disappointed in a week of practice or feel it was underachieving yet execute great on game day.  For us, I believe it was the former.

You just take the lump, realize you don't win them all in this league, move on, and prepare for BC.

For every play he was rushed and had actual pressure on him there was 3 where he had no pressure but simply didnt see the field well and did squat. So many of those he had big time daylight to take the ball down and run down field. Instead he tried forcing the air game because he was failing to see how wide open the field was in front of him, also seemed scared to take it down and run.

You do know Willy runs a 4.9 40 time right? Unless he has nobody with at least 15 yards of him like he did against Montreal on that final drive, defenders are going to close on Willy quick. He is not a running quarterback, and him trying to be something he's not would be a significant detriment to the team. I'm amazed at how some people talk like they actually know what they are watching, or what they are asking of a given player given their skill set.

All day to throw? What game were you watching?

at the game JFG stopped running actually, he slowed down, if anything JFG misjudged the throw a wee bit. It was pretty obvious in person, He got his hand on it, he stopped running for a few seconds, If he didn't, Touchdown. I'm going to say it, Watson makes that catch and scores,JFG has been good but Guaranteed Watson catches it and scores. JFG has been a very nice surprise though, not really much press when we signed him, but has turned out nice for us.

Thanks, the old Citizen black and white let me down for the first time, 12 inches of pure beauty. First time for everything.

lol, let's hope the VCR on it still works....

watch the game if you pvr'd it. The throw was behind him, he slowed down because he had to try get back to the ball. If he keeps running he's nowhere near the ball. It was a ball that could have been caught, but not an easy catch because he had to slow and turn back to reach out for it being behind him.

That is how it looked to me and they showed it several times with the camera on him. He was breaking inside and the ball went outside iirc.

You do know Willy runs a 4.9 40 time right? Unless he has nobody with at least 15 yards of him like he did against Montreal on that final drive, defenders are going to close on Willy quick. He is not a running quarterback, and him trying to be something he's not would be a significant detriment to the team. I'm amazed at how some people talk like they actually know what they are watching, or what they are asking of a given player given their skill set.

Calvillo among other CFL quarterbacks wasn't any speedster but managed to take off every now and then, even late into his career, to keep defenses off balance a bit. I believe it was last game against Montreal's pretty good D-line when Willy ran for a critical first down. Again, we don't want that as a first option on every play, but a couple of sprints by Willy, even for 4 or 5 yards, may have made a big difference against Edmonton.

lol, let's hope the VCR on it still works....

Like a charm, been running the cleaning tape through her every months since new.  Running low on solution though, gotta head to Radio Shack and pick some up this week.   

Calvillo among other CFL quarterbacks wasn't any speedster but managed to take off every now and then, even late into his career, to keep defenses off balance a bit. I believe it was last game against Montreal's pretty good D-line when Willy ran for a critical first down. Again, we don't want that as a first option on every play, but a couple of sprints by Willy, even for 4 or 5 yards, may have made a big difference against Edmonton.

Four or five yards on second and long (the only time Willy could have ran because he couldn't against the blitz) would have accomplished nothing. It's not like we had second and short or second and medium all game. We almost always had a minimum seven or eight yards to gain on second down.

That. Or Willis may catch him in open field and "cleanly" smash

him to bits. Or their new MLB..

That. Or Willis may catch him in open field and "cleanly" smash

him to bits. Or their new MLB..

Presumably Willy wasn't wearing that ice pack on his ankle after the game because he went out dancing, so sprinting out once in awhile under the right circumstances might not be much worse unless Willy has no self-preservation instinct at all. If he's gonna get clobbered, he ought to be able to slide.

Reilly is listed as having run a 4.92. He's not as good as Reilly as a running QB, but its not just a speed issue IMO.

Reilly is listed as having run a 4.92. He's not as good as Reilly as a running QB, but its not just a speed issue IMO.

Agreed, it's not "just" a speed issue. Having Reilly's body type would help. It's a lot easier to tackle Drew Willy than it is Mike Reilly, especially since Reilly has bulked up, assuming what those on TSN said is true. Reilly is much better at running than Willy is, but that being said Willy is much better at actually being a quarterback than Mike Reilly is, and at the end of the day I'll take that without thinking twice.