GDT: Winnipeg @ Montréal

O2L

Not enough credit around here is been givin to the MTL D right now they are the best in the league. Brought pressure all night often more guys than we had blockers. I really want to see what Willy does with them at home after he has hada chance to watch the film on them against us.

That was an awesome display of using their defence solidly through 4 quarters and keeping a rookie? QB at bay.

From last year, you could tell that they were going to be a force and last night was typical.

It took a good team effort for us to beat them.

And that's a sign of a good team you struggle mightily but as a team O/D/ST you put your self in a position with 3 min left to drive the field for a winning TD.

Exactly.

I mean it wasn't as though our defence didn't play a fairly sound game. They had pressure and they had sacks, and you sure as hell couldn't take away anything from the second most important series of the game…where they stopped Montreal..twice, and forced a FG right after Washington's second fumble.

That still gave us a chance, and it seemed Willy just willed his way down the field to win us the game.

And that's a sign of a good team you struggle mightily but as a team O/D/ST you put your self in a position with 3 min left to drive the field for a winning TD.

Exactly.

I mean it wasn't as though our defence didn't play a fairly sound game. They had pressure and they had sacks, and you sure as hell couldn't take away anything from the second most important series of the game…where they stopped Montreal..twice, and forced a FG right after Washington's second fumble.

That still gave us a chance, and it seemed Willy just willed his way down the field to win us the game.

The defense had to both score and hold after Washington's fumbles for that game to even be in question in the 4th quarter.  Huge effort from them.  If clutch exists, they were clutch last night.  As was the offense on the final drive after basically a half of ineffective play.

After watching the game again, i feel part of the reason why the game seemed to drag on at times was due to the poor announcing. The guys at half talked about how slow the first half was, it was but... lots of commericals, lots of stops in play, lots of babbling on and on by both announcers certainly made it feel longer then it actually was. Lots of flags too, at times it seemed the refs were just throwing flags for the sake of throwing flags... if the refs are gonna throw a flag, don't take 2 minutes to discuss why they threw a flag, just call the damn penalty and move on. Refs were kind of bush league at times, not saying they were deliberately calling penalties at times but... it sure seemed like they were way too flag happy.

TSN concentrating on trestman for 10 minutes didn't help, black basically sucking johnsons johnson after his first td didn't help, man... it was a long game but quite a bit of factors made it seem longer then it was. 

TSN concentrating on trestman for 10 minutes didn't help, black basically sucking johnsons johnson after his first td didn't help, man... it was a long game but quite a bit of factors made it seem longer then it was. 

This interview/salute is the latest in TSN's attempt to be all they can be. It's not the first time they've done these interviews..but it should be the last.

They are terrible and severely distract from the game. I don't want to see what Trestman is wearing and I'm not really interested in what Trestman is telling folks about the CFL, unless there is an injury, or play is stopped for some reason.

I'd way rather know if there is a substitute or a different package of players is brought in, or how the D is lining up.

I tuned in to see the game…show me the game. Tell me about the game.

I don't even want to see the 2 announcers talking to each other on screen at the beginning of a quarter.

What is it I want to see again?

The game.

After watching the game again, i feel part of the reason why the game seemed to drag on at times was due to the poor announcing. The guys at half talked about how slow the first half was, it was but... lots of commericals, lots of stops in play, lots of babbling on and on by both announcers certainly made it feel longer then it actually was. Lots of flags too, at times it seemed the refs were just throwing flags for the sake of throwing flags... if the refs are gonna throw a flag, don't take 2 minutes to discuss why they threw a flag, just call the damn penalty and move on. Refs were kind of bush league at times, not saying they were deliberately calling penalties at times but... it sure seemed like they were way too flag happy.

I've said this before but Black sucks the life out of every game he does. 

More people need to do what you did, Iso... call TSN and complain. Complaining about him on message boards isn't going to do anything since I doubt they even have a clue that people are constantly complaining about him (basing that on the comment you made about the TSN person being surprised when you said Black sucks) - enough people need to contact them directly before they will do something about him.

Going to be watching it at a Bud Spud and Steak.  Or as the griller calls it a Bud Bud Bud Caeser Caeser Bud Bud Bud Bud Bud Bud Bud Bud Bud Spud and Steak, Bed.

That's mass murder of my peoples! You genocidal maniac! *shakes fist menacingly*

TSN concentrating on trestman for 10 minutes didn't help, black basically sucking johnsons johnson after his first td didn't help, man... it was a long game but quite a bit of factors made it seem longer then it was

More people need to do what you did, Iso... call TSN and complain. Complaining about him on message boards isn't going to do anything since I doubt they even have a clue that people are constantly complaining about him (basing that on the comment you made about the TSN person being surprised when you said Black sucks) - enough people need to contact them directly before they will do something about him.

All TSN cares about is ratings though, If these games are pulling in numbers, that's all that matters. I hope more people actually do complain to them but... As long as they aren't losing viewers when black does a game, they won't do a damn thing about it unfortunately. . I'd never call them and complain for this very reason... yeah i went on about black sucking early but... fact is, as much as i can't stand that smug son of a beach, guess what... as much as all of us? can't stand him and his crap, we still watch the game. I'm not gonna miss a game just cuz i dislike/can't stand Rod Black, I'll still watch it, I'll be annoyed as hell watching it but.. I'll still watch it. Maybe i won't watch the other games Black does though. Maybe if he didn't do those games, maybe i would but Rod Black once a week is too much for me so I can't deal with his crap more than once a week. 

After listening to a game called by Rod Black listening to a game called by Chris Cuthbert is such a joy.  Sticks to the play, doesn't get carried away and is unafraid of silence when waiting for the play to begin.  Suitor is also much better than Forde in my opinion but Forde is handicapped by Black.

The only games I put up with rod black are bomber games... If I turn a game on and it's rod black I turn it off as soon as I hear his voice. As much as I love the cfl, it's just not worth it to put up with him for other teams

The old mute button was invented just for Rod Black.