Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

Ive known Wade for over 20 years -- from the U of M weight room to seeing him bouncing at the A to doing business with one of his side projects.

WHen he was young, he was an overcompensating, insecure, dyckhead. Typical Winnipeg bouncer. Couldn't stand him.

As I came to know him in our 30's, the attitude was still there but you had to admire his business tenacity. The guy worked hard. 

My last few dealings, I've come to like him a bit more. He's still cocky, but he's mellowed, and you have to admire his success.

Big Thing: Wade is successful because Wade puts Wade first.

This is good for the Bombers (he loves the Blue) but I would be VERY concerned that WBB contracts/etc will suddenly get funnelled to some of his side ventures.

Watch his wife start working at the WBB office again too. Bank on it 

"These Booster Juice's aren't nearly as hydrating as the water they used to have on the sideline" 

If the leak is indeed a Board member then it's easy to vet him out. Tell Lawless to give up the guy or he's not allowed access to any of the Bombers facilities, players & coaches for the rest of the time he works in the media. Let his boss at the Free Press know the same thing. If they both refuse then he can talk Jets hockey or tiddley winks for all I care. The mole has to be found as he is a cancer. This goes way beyond protecting a source.  

If the leak is indeed a Board member then it's easy to vet him out. Tell Lawless to give up the guy or he's not allowed access to any of the Bombers facilities, players & coaches for the rest of the time he works in the media. Let his boss at the Free Press know the same thing. If they both refuse then he can talk Jets hockey or tiddley winks for all I care. The mole has to be found as he is a cancer. This goes way beyond protecting a source.  

That's called the Mike Kelly way of doing things.  Not the way the franchise should operate.  It's not on Gary Lawless to fix the Bombers' problems, it's on the Bombers.

That's called the Mike Kelly way of doing things.  Not the way the franchise should operate.  It's not on Gary Lawless to fix the Bombers' problems, it's on the Bombers.

Yeah, I think it is. The guy who did this had a clear agenda. Having someone like that serving on the Board is a huge problem as he is rogue. What is he going to do next time he wants something changed? The guy's gotta go & fast. I still say you put the pressure on Lawless to give him up or ban him from the Bomber facilities, press box & not allow him to talk to the team in any way until he tells who the mole is. The only other alternative is to dismiss the entire Board but these guys like their positions so we know that's not going to happen.

Yeah, I think it is. The guy who did this had a clear agenda. Having someone like that serving on the Board is a huge problem as he is rogue. What is he going to do next time he wants something changed? The guy's gotta go & fast. I still say you put the pressure on Lawless to give him up or ban him from the Bomber facilities, press box & not allow him to talk to the team in any way until he tells who the mole is. The only other alternative is to dismiss the entire Board but these guys like their positions so we know that's not going to happen.

Like it or not, Gary Lawless is pretty much the king of Winnipeg media right now, and also a TSN employee.  Not the guy you want to piss off.

Glad to see Butchko gone.

His announcement that there was absolutely positively completely 100% certainty that the team would not play at Canad Inns in 2012 made him a zero-credibility joke.  He should have resigned immediately after he had to walk back that statement. 

Mack goes with my best wishes.  At least he achieved something during his tenure.  He gave us a Grey Cup appearance and had a peculiar gift for recruiting brilliant one-year-wonder receivers.

That is utterly ridiculous.  The Bombers would be even more the laughing stock if they pulled some crap move like that.  And I guarantee you, the "competition" in media wouldn't stand for it either.  You dont blackball a guy for doing his job.  If Bob Irving had been given the leak it would have been the lead story on CJOB, dont you think for a hot second it wouldn't have been.

I believe Lawless when he thinks it's a joke that the board leaked the story but that doesnt change the fact it is his JOB to report it.  He even joked on H&L yesterday that after he reported the leak "no one will take my call".  He did what he is paid to do.

The leak isn't important in the big picture.  This is a vollenteer board and someone who knows Lawless let him in on a secret.  And surely the BOD member had a motive (firing Mack, firing Buchko, who knows).

Im way more interested in knowing what Buchko did to get canned.  Because recommending to the BOD that Mack be fired early this week (or last week as some reports have it) and then going on vacation seems odd.  If it was a mutual decision, was there internal pressure on Buchko to step down?  Was there a line drawn in the sand and Buchko was on the wrong side?  Did he just decide running a pro sports franchise was something he wasn't up for?

Pure speculation:

I'm willing to bet that the 'leak' was Butchko himself.

Ask yourself this - what benefit does a member of the WBB board get by leaking information to Lawless? Nada.

Butchko on the other hand, is a radio guy, understands the value of the information he holds and can dole it out to guys who a) He either owes a favour to from past experience or B) may be able to curry favour from in the future if he gets back into radio.  The fact that Lawless has always been soft on the guy makes it worse. 

Mack goes with my best wishes.  At least he achieved something during his tenure.  He gave us a Grey Cup appearance and had a peculiar gift for recruiting brilliant one-year-wonder receivers.

one year wonder receivers or offensive coaches so bad they destroy talented players?

Like it or not, Gary Lawless is pretty much the king of Winnipeg media right now, and also a TSN employee.  Not the guy you want to piss off.

What's Lawless got, some kind of magic laptop & his words will keep people away from the stadium? People will come if the team wins but stay away if they lose. As far as bad press for the Bombers from Lawless... How much worse can it get & it's not like the man has been kind before this. He's been ripping this team for years now. Like I said, the Bombers tell him to give the guy up.

What's Lawless got, some kind of magic laptop & his words will keep people away from the stadium? People will come if the team wins but stay away if they lose. As far as bad press for the Bombers from Lawless... How much worse can it get & it's not like the man has been kind before this. He's been ripping this team for years now. Like I said, the Bombers tell him to give the guy up.

You missed the most important part, that he's a TSN employee.  I think the CFL and TSN have some sort of working relationship, but you'll have to check that one.

Bad idea.

I understand your desire to ferret out the snitch, that is not the way to go about it.

I like the hire and the move. I say keep Crowton and Burke until the end of the year, and force them to play Hall and Goltz for the remainder of the year.

Burke can then only stay if he wants to be the dc

Agreed. No other team would hire Burke as a HC after this season so DC is as good as it'll get for him, and if he's smart, he'll see that and accept it. As for Crowton and Buck, fire them both. Period. Both are just awful at their jobs. And as long as Buck sticks around, it'll be more of a circus. Not sure why everyone thinks he'd make a good QB coach or any coach for that matter.

Agreed. No other team would hire Burke as a HC after this season so DC is as good as it'll get for him, and if he's smart, he'll see that and accept it. As for Crowton and Buck, fire them both. Period. Both are just awful at their jobs. And as long as Buck sticks around, it'll be more of a circus. Not sure why everyone thinks he'd make a good QB coach or any coach for that matter.

That would never happen.  If he's fired as HC, he won't be here in any capacity.

Here's a clue to finding 'the rat'. 

Lawless said on 1290 this morning that he bumped into a board member at a Starbucks.

Locate the Starbucks...interview staff, show pictures...hire a hit man talk to said board member.

Go from there.

Again, guys, this is about the 10,000th thing to leak from the Bombers board.  Including the fact that Joe Mack was about to be hired 4 winters ago.  Why are some people completely obsessed with this? 

Like of all the questions facing this organization today why are we asking this one over and over? 

Again, guys, this is about the 10,000th thing to leak from the Bombers board.  Including the fact that Joe Mack was about to be hired 4 winters ago.  Why are some people completely obsessed with this? 

Like of all the questions facing this organization today why are we asking this one over and over? 

Because it shows how incompetent and unprofessional the current board is.  These are the people that are supposed to be leading the franchise and they are clearly all pulling in different directions.