Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

overall depth is better for the NIs. We don't have a Doug Brown or Brendan Labatte right now who are at the top of the pedestal but the bottom part of the NI equation is so much better than it used to be it's not even funny. 

Maybe.  I'm not so sure.  When we talk about depth, that's guys like Stephan, Sherman, West, Labbe, Lucas, Swiston, Kohlert, Volny.  Is that so much better than Fritz, Browne, Donny O, McKinlay, Mayne, Stephenson, Oosterhuis?  Younger, for sure, but youth doesn't really help us win football games right now.

So, does anyone know much about Miller's personality? I've read a few things online today suggesting that Miller's an ******* hothead in the mold of Mike Kelly, which kinda frightened me a little bit. 

Anyone confirm or deny?

Maybe.  I'm not so sure.  When we talk about depth, that's guys like Stephan, Sherman, West, Labbe, Lucas, Swiston, Kohlert, Volny.  Is that so much better than Fritz, Browne, Donny O, McKinlay, Mayne, Stephenson, Oosterhuis?  Younger, for sure, but youth doesn't really help us win football games right now.

yes I think it is better. I think the middle of the depth is better as well. That'd be the 6th and 7th type starters. It's really just the top end guys in my mind that are not as good. 

I'm more interested in the overall shifting of the Board from an operations model to a governence model then finding the leak.

I'm more interested in who the next GM will be then finding the leak.

I'm more interested in what Kyle Walters and Ken Moll are doing this summer then finding the leak.  

I'm more interested in the long term role Miller will play then finding the leak.  When he says his number one job is football that concerns me.  I would want to see his number one job being analyzing the organizational model and reparing it as necessary.  He maybe should decide how many people will work in football ops and exactly what they'll do.  Maybe even who the top one or two of them are.  But he shouldn't be deciding what we should offer for Bo Levi or whether Buck should be #2 or #3. 

I'm more interested in the Hamilton game then the leak to be honest.

Say the leak is BOD Member 6.  Make him or her quit.  Replace them with someone else.  Nothing changes.

I can name 12 major things that have leaked in the last 4 years.  This has been going on forever.  Including during the entire process that lead to Mack beinghired.  With all the info coming out of that process they might as well have just televised the interviews.  Just get a good structure.  Hire good people.  And win. 

yes I think it is better. I think the middle of the depth is better as well. That'd be the 6th and 7th type starters. It's really just the top end guys in my mind that are not as good. 

You could be right.  I guess its just tough to compare directly, especially when we've changed the spots we choose to use NI starters.

Edmonton is the biggest mess. everything about that organization is in over it's head. mtl and ham at least have proven guys like popp and austin.

as for us. who knows. maybe 2 years from now we'll be hearing about how the new guy is full of piss and vinegar and has a mandate to win.

Austin had one good year. So did Kavis Reed. Too early to say he's proven.

So, does anyone know much about Miller's personality? I've read a few things online today suggesting that Miller's an ******* hothead in the mold of Mike Kelly, which kinda frightened me a little bit. 

Anyone confirm or deny?

I was shooting the poo with a couple of football guys about two years ago.  Bison and Bombers from Miller's era.  They were talking about Wade's underdog tale and everything he accomplished.  One guy said, "it would be a great story if he wasn't such an *******" and the other guy agreed. 

Someone asked what they meant and they ran down a short list of Wade's unlikable traits.  None were too serious so I don't want to exaggerate.  The line that stood out to me was "ruthless in business."   

Not saying it means anything or that it's a bad hire or anything like that.  Just telling you what those guys said. 

Wade Miller son of Al Miller (Al was our great MLB) is a no nonsense guy, Wade was never ever a star but made the team with determination and desire to make the club. After football as you all know Wade has been very successful in business. 

Is Wade a Hot Head? I would say No but don't cross him with BS as he is a determined business man. 

Anyone confirm or deny?

Ive known Wade for over 20 years -- from the U of M weight room to seeing him bouncing at the A to doing business with one of his side projects.

WHen he was young, he was an overcompensating, insecure, dyckhead. Typical Winnipeg bouncer. Couldn't stand him.

As I came to know him in our 30's, the attitude was still there but you had to admire his business tenacity. The guy worked hard. 

My last few dealings, I've come to like him a bit more. He's still cocky, but he's mellowed, and you have to admire his success.

Big Thing: Wade is successful because Wade puts Wade first.

This is good for the Bombers (he loves the Blue) but I would be VERY concerned that WBB contracts/etc will suddenly get funnelled to some of his side ventures. 

Watch his wife start working at the WBB office again too. Bank on it 

I'm basically just searching #Bombers on Twitter and, if you've got the stomach for it, there's lots in there from all the reporters and the mostly-idiot fans. Ugh.

Another question:  What's our best course of action re: GM. Do we bring in a guy now, so he can start working on things and getting a feel for the team, as Tillman did with the Riders, or do we just let Walters run things the rest of the way, and then worry about the GM in the offseason?

I'm basically just searching #Bombers on Twitter and, if you've got the stomach for it, there's lots in there from all the reporters and the mostly-idiot fans. Ugh.

Another question:  What's our best course of action re: GM. Do we bring in a guy now, so he can start working on things and getting a feel for the team, as Tillman did with the Riders, or do we just let Walters run things the rest of the way, and then worry about the GM in the offseason?

It really depends on who they're interested in, in my opinion.

What's ridiculous about it?

You can't simply 'clear the entire board'. That's not how Boards function, and for good reason. First of all, there's no one to do the 'clearing'. Nor can the Board members simply all resign at the same time. It's ridiculous that you seem to think that the board can just magically be reset somehow because there was an alleged breach of confidentiality.

But you keep hunting those witches ;)    

Me thinks that the Board fired Buchko and that a plan was always in place for it, as Miller was brought in rather quickly.

Honestly I really hope that the leak is found and fired, on sceond though I want to see the entire Board relieved of their duties, with the exception of Cameron, because he's the only one that I beleive would never be the leak. The old boys club needs to end.

Have no issue with the Miller being brought in, he seems to be that no nonsense exec that we need.

You can't simply 'clear the entire board'. That's not how Boards function, and for good reason. First of all, there's no one to do the 'clearing'. Nor can the Board members simply all resign at the same time. It's ridiculous that you seem to think that the board can just magically be reset somehow because there was an alleged breach of confidentiality.

But you keep hunting those witches ;)    

The Board needs to be accountable to someone.  Right now, they aren't.  Cute that you think that's not a problem.

SO all this talk yesterday, that whomever leaked this really wanted Mack fired right away..

The fact is, they leaked it to get Buchko fired...

They had Wade all set up... They just needed a reason to turf Buchko...

And along he comes, saying that he wants to fire Mack right after he gets back from Disney world. 

There's your opportunity. Leak the info to the Neckless, Botch gets dumped, board gets slap on the wrist, and Wade moves in.

Its like Shakespeare. 

It really depends on who they're interested in, in my opinion.

My thoughts are that if the guy you want is available now then bring them in without wasting time, if you want someone you have to wait til the offseason for then wait for them. The only thing that matters is hiring the right person. Do that and everything else will take care of itself. 

My thoughts are that if the guy you want is available now then bring them in without wasting time, if you want someone you have to wait til the offseason for then wait for them. The only thing that matters is hiring the right person. Do that and everything else will take care of itself. 

I wouldn't want to hire someone without at least throwing some bait at the big fish this offseason.  You never know what circumstances are churning behind the scenes in other franchises.