Bryant Turner out vs REDBLACKS

Have kid. 

The first few days after birth are pretty demanding and pretty special.. 

I don't think i could have pulled myself away from my wife and my son to back to work within a day(s)..  If this is their first kid, then its even more important that he's there.  Women's hormones go crazy after the baby is born and alot of women suffer from post partum depression which can be very very serious.

You only have your first born once, and you can only experience it once.  

No one should be bitching about him missing a game for being with his family.

Family comes first and I think O'shea has no problem with this. Remember when Maher's wife gave birth the day before the 2nd preseason game. He should have let Maher gone home if Maher just told him.

Maher didn't ask to leave.

I think Turner should now be considered in the running for POTW  ;)

(ParentOfTheWeek)

Ever notice that a pregnant woman will often be patted on her tummy and be told "congratulations" but the father doesn't get patted on the crotch and get told the same thing?

Family comes first and I think O'shea has no problem with this. Remember when Maher's wife gave birth the day before the 2nd preseason game. He should have let Maher gone home if Maher just told him.

A bit different. He was trying to make the team so missing the second pre season would have put him at a disadvantage.

Turner is on the team.

All this coming from guys who have yet to become fathers. Sure the timing sucks but these things don't always happen when you want them to. But if you've gone thru the whole birthing process you'd know it's not like in the old days when women would squat in the field and then go back to work.

Maybe she had a caesarian section which makes it difficult for the mom to be the primary caregiver until she's had a chance to recover.

So get off your high horses and let him deal with this very personal matter in the way he needs to.

Damn straight.. Let the guy enjoy the birth of his first child and help his wife recover.. It's really not the end of the world ya buncha hardasses..

A bit different. He was trying to make the team so missing the second pre season would have put him at a disadvantage.

Turner is on the team.

Seems Maher should have asked to leave. Was released a few days later so now he missed the birth of his kid AND doesn't have anything to show for it. Seemed that backfired

Turner is on the team.

Seems Maher should have asked to leave. Was released a few days later so now he missed the birth of his kid AND doesn't have anything to show for it. Seemed that backfired

there is a saying about hindsight. I've forgotten how it goes though.

Turner is on the team.

How does he have nothing to show for it? He's playing for the RedBlacks based more on his performance here than in Ottawa.

This is pretty good from the Sun

Bryant Turner had an interesting seat for last week’s Blue Bomber game.

The Winnipeg defensive tackle was watching his team’s win over Ottawa from a hospital room down in Mobile, Ala., where he’d just become a dad for the first time.

“When Demond (Washington) scored I got pretty loud and the nurse stuck her head in,” a beaming Turner, back at practice, said on Monday. “It was fun. Me and my wife and my baby watched the game together.”

Jordan Kennedy Turner actually came into the world last Monday, but Turner stayed in Mobile to help his wife through a difficult recovery.

“There were some complications from the birth that was kind of scary for a while,” he said.

Mother and baby are doing fine, and the game turned out OK, too, as Turner watched his teammates climb out from an early 14-point hole to win, 36-28, and improve to 2-0.

“I’m watching and texting everybody like their cell phones are on the field,” Turner said. “I’m telling them just stick to the script. Don’t give up, keep running to the ball and keep believing in the defence. Because we’ve got a great defence and it’s going to work.

“But of course if you go out and they put up 21 points quick, everybody’s going to start to second-guess things.”

Turner, by the way, didn’t get any responses to his texts until after the game.

“I guess it’s a good thing nobody’s paying attention to their phone at half-time' Turner said. “I’m telling them just stick to the script. Don’t give up, keep running to the ball and keep believing in the defence. Because we’ve got a great defence and it’s going to work.

“But of course if you go out and they put up 21 points quick, everybody’s going to start to second-guess things.”

“I guess it’s a good thing nobody’s paying attention to their phone at half-time.”

Turner said. “I’m telling them just stick to the script. Don’t give up, keep running to the ball and keep believing in the defence. Because we’ve got a great defence and it’s going to work.

“I guess it’s a good thing nobody’s paying attention to their phone at half-time.”