Lions @ Argos

everyone is going to focus on collaros tonight, but honestly the BC defense has not looked good. It's actually similar enough to what the bombers did. loose coverage, sloppy tackling. 

I'll throw Goltz up there with the other rookie qbs performances too, he looked solid as well, but was handicapped by that piss poor defensive showing. 

Goltz looked okay. Not great, not bad. Nothing to truly get excited about. But he's playing in the worst offense in the CFL for an OC who is the worst in the league. So what can you expect?

he also wasn't playing against a defense that didn't know how to make a tackle like BLM and Collaros were. Most of what Collaros did was high percentage throws let the receiver do the rest. 

Bighill looked bad out there. He got pwned by Collaros more than once. Nice to see Benevides look like he's going to eat his knuckles. BTW, what kind of challenge was that at the end??? Don't challenge if Lulay had the football but throw the yellow flag in the hopes of his swipe at a loose football with his left arm would be considered a forward pass? That's Kavis Reed stupid right there.

Goltz looked okay. Not great, not bad. Nothing to truly get excited about. But he's playing in the worst offense in the CFL for an OC who is the worst in the league. So what can you expect?

How well would of Willy, Mitchell or Collaros had played if they were Bombers? Not any better than Goltz I would reckon.

Collaros, I think, is the best of.the new blood qbs. great awareness, good arm and wicked feet and escapability...

honestly, id trade.Simpson and kolhert for him (and a 1St rounder if we can thief an olineman.. sadly, won't happen now that ray is oh so gibbled..

It's all about coaching. Collaros has Millanovich to mentor him and Mitchell has both Dickenson and Hufnagel. Who does Goltz have?

That's the difference.

I know we've gone on and on about there not being a dedicated QB's coach, but I thought for certain Gary Crowton was still mentoring the QB's. I know he spent a lot of time with them during TC. He's been a QB's coach (among his other roles) since '91.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Crowton#Offensive_Success_and_QB_Guru

It's all about coaching. Collaros has Millanovich to mentor him and Mitchell has both Dickenson and Hufnagel. Who does Goltz have?

That's the difference.

It's not the only difference.  Collaros throws a beautiful, accurate ball.  He is tough to bring down.  And he's a former D1-FBS QB.  He's got legitimate star potential.

It's not the only difference.  Collaros throws a beautiful, accurate ball.  He is tough to bring down.  And he's a former D1-FBS QB.  He's got legitimate star potential.

I believe you're missing my point. Dickenson, Huf and Millanovich are former QB's who have played the game and can provide insight that only a former CFL QB could provide. Sure Crowton has been a QB coach in the NFL but has never played the position and can only provide input from a coaches perspective, not a former QB.

And yes, a solid oline helps as well.

I believe you're missing my point. Dickenson, Huf and Millanovich are former QB's who have played the game and can provide insight that only a former CFL QB could provide. Sure Crowton has been a QB coach in the NFL but has never played the position and can only provide input from a coaches perspective, not a former QB.

And yes, a solid oline helps as well.

I agree that a solid oline would go a long way... but Gary Crowton was a former QB; he played QB at Snow College in Utah 1976-77, and again at Colorado State in 78. Further, he has coached 7 QB's that went on to be selected in the NFL draft. So... there's that.