Good To Be Back!

I've had three or 4 warnings in the last few weeks about various things that in the past would never cause anyone to bat an eye ... it's very strange. I don' t even start that many threads over there (as hard as that may be to believe LOL)

i) i do find that difficult to believe...

ii) way to like your own post.

:P

I don't think the lay out is that bad,   it's better then the dark thing they had going before.   My only gripe of the site is the content is seriously lacking.   Lots of threads that really are dull and definitely a massive drop off in the quantity of posts during the gameday threads.    I'm going to say that the site will die off in a season or two....

I don't think the lay out is that bad,   it's better then the dark thing they had going before.   My only gripe of the site is the content is seriously lacking.   Lots of threads that really are dull and definitely a massive drop off in the quantity of posts during the gameday threads.    I'm going to say that the site will die off in a season or two....

That's because all the serious Bomber posters are here now. And with a mod like Shankman doing his thing over there people won't go back.

That's because all the serious Bomber posters are here now. And with a mod like Shankman doing his thing over there people won't go back.

"serious bomber posters" ?

That's actually pretty funny.   The posters that offered more than just unfounded opinions left ourbombers a few years ago.   

Nah, to mass troll would be classless & stupid. Just goes to show that the split was long overdue. People wanted a new place & this is it. Bluto no doubt remembers 13thman & just how huge that CFL site was 10 years ago & how **** mods killed it through their arrogance, being  bullies & idiocy. It had to have a couple of thousand members at its height around 2004.

It was THE place to hang out as a CFL fan on the internet in the first decade of this century. It was a great place if you liked get togethers & socializing. Especially the fans down east. Little harder out west but fans hung together at Grey Cups at Meet & Greets.

If you were an insider you were treated like gold. If you weren't then the mods targeted you. I remember being threatened by a mod over there named lerriuqs in a private message saying he was out to get me permanently banned. My crime? I posted too much in the senior mods opinion & I didn't like the Riders as lerriuqs is from Regina.

The day that most if not all Eskimo fans quit en masse in & around 2007 after a pissing war with Rider fans was the actual end of that place although it took a few more years for it to die off. It is a ghost town now. At some point, members will abandon a site after realizing that place is no fun anymore & they leave.

Man I miss 13thman. It was so good to have a place where all fans went so you could keep up with all the teams in one place.

just please don't let Kpt Krunch onto this site.  We could have Lulay starting with Ray backing up and Hufnagel as coach with Buono as GM and if we lost two games in a row he'd be posting "Fire Dumb and Dumber and get better QB's because our QB's suck".  It's always just negative reactionary crap from guys like that, and that's all that is left over there on OB.  It's rapidly becoming a wasteland.

I had a time of warnings from angry mods like mike back in the day. I think at this point there is only one or two mods on that site.

That's what happens when you purposely troll the Jets thread.

But it's easier to be much more relaxed here now as a moderator, because people actually give a **** and are aware of how to self-moderate. The community just seems to be more at peace with itself, which is amazing considering the shitshow of a team we have right now.

But it's easier to be much more relaxed here now as a moderator, because people actually give a **** and are aware of how to self-moderate. The community just seems to be more at peace with itself, which is amazing considering the shitshow of a team we have right now.

I think that's cause for the most part the people who came here are the ones who are interested in at least having a discussion as opposed to having their own personal axes to grind. Far less reactionary fools around these parts. 

I think that's cause for the most part the people who came here are the ones who are interested in at least having a discussion as opposed to having their own personal axes to grind. Far less reactionary fools around these parts. 

i still dislike you..

just saying  :rolleyes:  :ph34r:

the site ui here is much better... the update of their update is worse.. i can't use that site much anymore.. it hurts my eyes.

it's more of a community here period. the other place was just a bulletin board. posters came here in an attempt to make something better. having a shared purpose helps make it a community.

then you also have the Chatroom for games. this is way better than a gameday thread, imo. you're actually watching the games realtime with the other posters. it's the best sort of CFL online bonding. the camaraderie and esprit de corps is doing well here... and i think that if anyone stepped over the line he'd get blasted from all sides.

signal-to-noise ratio is key. over the years on OB, there were less than 10 posters who's football-opinions i really enjoyed and looked for. and then... there was a lot of static all around them. (this is the main reason that RF can be so unreadable... they do have quite a few decent posters, but sifting through the crap is just too tedious... it's also why i enjoy AF).

here on MBB, it has been distilled. almost all of the good posters in the Bomber community make this their online home now. some do so exclusively. 

and having more good football opinions helps the other posters (and noobs) to up their game.

13th man... CFL zone... they're graveyards now. OB will stick around for as long as Colin keeps the lights on... but it's already on the Green Mile.

I think what lead me to stray was the worst of the worst, didn't migrate over to this site.

I just saw the new version....yuck.

That's been huge for this site. There's not really anybody here that I would put in the category of troll, which can't be said about the other two sites. OB is much worse for that than the EP is, but they both have them.

And yes, the latest update at OB sucks.

And here I thought I was going to come here and post my frustrations with being singled out by Shankman.......low an behold he has been screwing with everyone. As others have done, I sent Colin a few PM's to try an let him know that his mod was ruining the OB expereince beyond anything the posters ever did. No response. I don't know what happened to Grumpy Old Man over there but when he was the main MOD things were a lot better. Hopefully Grumpy is around here now? Anyway, I havent been around here much but Shankman has inspired me to move on from OB. Kind of ironic when a mod who is supposed to maintain the quality of the site is actually the one destroying it.

And here I thought I was going to come here and post my frustrations with being singled out by Shankman.......low an behold he has been screwing with everyone. As others have done, I sent Colin a few PM's to try an let him know that his mod was ruining the OB expereince beyond anything the posters ever did. No response. I don't know what happened to Grumpy Old Man over there but when he was the main MOD things were a lot better. Hopefully Grumpy is around here now? Anyway, I havent been around here much but Shankman has inspired me to move on from OB. Kind of ironic when a mod who is supposed to maintain the quality of the site is actually the one destroying it.

oh dear...