Good To Be Back!

This place is more relaxed. We have our discussions & arguments but I don't think anything has turned into a battle here with personal grudges. Definetly more leeway here & the mods are experienced which makes a huge difference. I know yesterday I was getting into it with some posters about Joe Mack. But, I'm not angry at anyone about it as we're all entitled to our opinions.

The key to a great website is being able to argue with someone on one thread & then completely agree with that same person on the next. Or at the very least, being civil with that same person discussing another subject. That's what this place is like now which is great

And here I thought I was going to come here and post my frustrations with being singled out by Shankman.......low an behold he has been screwing with everyone. As others have done, I sent Colin a few PM's to try an let him know that his mod was ruining the OB expereince beyond anything the posters ever did. No response. I don't know what happened to Grumpy Old Man over there but when he was the main MOD things were a lot better. Hopefully Grumpy is around here now? Anyway, I havent been around here much but Shankman has inspired me to move on from OB. Kind of ironic when a mod who is supposed to maintain the quality of the site is actually the one destroying it.

Don't feel bad. I sent Colin a message saying the same thing & he never responded either. #headinthesand

I've matured in the past year. I found it futile to be mad at the Bombers after a game because it just happened too much. Then to be on OB and hear the bitching and moaning and it got me thinking "did I sounds like that?"

Nah...never.

At least here people talk intelligently about the team and their woes and not just fire this that and the other person.

I've matured in the past year. I found it futile to be mad at the Bombers after a game because it just happened too much. Then to be on OB and hear the bitching and moaning and it got me thinking "did I sounds like that?"

Nah...never.

At least here people talk intelligently about the team and their woes and not just fire this that and the other person.

I agree, although we're at point where the only viable thing to do will be to fire a LOT of people. 

I'm sorry, swapping Goltz for Hall or bringing back Brink won't do much for the O, nor will a tweak from one lousy o-lineman to another.

I bet Crowton goes first, likely two weeks from now. Til Labour Day, when the big blue axe starts to fall. 

Add me to the list of people that Shankman has scared away. For calling Spuds a whiner, no less. We have called each other much worse in the past.

Spuds: if you didn't see the post before Shankman deleted it, it never happened.

lolol no i didnt see it, dont even know the reference.. you called.me whiny? and got modded for.it? well you sir are a poopyhead. and shankman sucks.. ****** clownshoes.. worst mod ever..

I've been lurking OB for many, many years now. Usually I pretty dedicated follower, yet never signed up for a post. Especially in the last few years I've been disappointed to see so many threads turn from a civil discussion about a difference of opinion to personal bickering.

I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed to hear about the people leaving OB to start a new site(it took a bit of searching to even find this site unfortunately). I figured the split meant either that I would have to follow two sites or that several great members migrated over to a new site (MBB) that would fizzle and die and OB would never get them back.

After a while of lurking on both sites, I almost exclusively lurk around here unless I'm pretty bored. I don't all that much about site layout and how pretty things look. But I really enjoy an actual community message board where people self-moderate as Mike said, so threads aren't continually hijacked into personal qibbles and insults. Now that I've actually created an account and posted after years of lurking, maybe I will start coming out of the shadows more often.

I've been lurking OB for many, many years now. Usually I pretty dedicated follower, yet never signed up for a post. Especially in the last few years I've been disappointed to see so many threads turn from a civil discussion about a difference of opinion to personal bickering.

I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed to hear about the people leaving OB to start a new site(it took a bit of searching to even find this site unfortunately). I figured the split meant either that I would have to follow two sites or that several great members migrated over to a new site (MBB) that would fizzle and die and OB would never get them back.

After a while of lurking on both sites, I almost exclusively lurk around here unless I'm pretty bored. I don't all that much about site layout and how pretty things look. But I really enjoy an actual community message board where people self-moderate as Mike said, so threads aren't continually hijacked into personal qibbles and insults. Now that I've actually created an account and posted after years of lurking, maybe I will start coming out of the shadows more often.

welcome aboard.  B)

Welcome WildPath, you lurketh no more!! :)

Well I had sent Shankman a message letting him know that he was driving long time posters away and he just wanted to blame the people that were leaving for " not following the rules"   He also said that he get a lot of positive feedback, more so than negative. I call BS on that. I knew there were a bunch of people who were un happy with his antics but it is his arrogance and bullying that really drove me away. Of Course Colin never responded to my PM's either. That place was already like a ghost town and its only going to get worse with Shankman running things. Oh well, goodriddance.

Welcome, but I warn you, don't try to tempt me to go down your path again....I'm too old for that.

Well I had sent Shankman a message letting him know that he was driving long time posters away and he just wanted to blame the people that were leaving for " not following the rules"   He also said that he get a lot of positive feedback, more so than negative. I call BS on that. I knew there were a bunch of people who were un happy with his antics but it is his arrogance and bullying that really drove me away. Of Course Colin never responded to my PM's either. That place was already like a ghost town and its only going to get worse with Shankman running things. Oh well, goodriddance.

Makes no sense does it? You'd think he'd clue in there's a problem with Shankman. It's almost to the point of being good riddance the way things are going there. Ultimately, OB will go down or become a ghost town. However, at the same time, Colin doesn't listen so anything that does happen is on him. It's his fault.