Turf Laid Down In Ottawa

iso_55

What's the world on Hamilton?

Not good.

BREAKING: #Ticats will not be playing July 26 or 31 games at Tim Hortons Field because it will not be ready, city says.

heard that for every game lost at Tim Hortons Field, the contractor will pay the ticats 1 million dollars, don't be surprised if it's more than just those 2 games.

man is the first game there going to be interesting, I used to live 2 blocks away on Fulton avenue and it will be tight getting people through there.  It is such a gorgeous area though and has so many great little pubs and restaurants on Bank street.  I do envy that there is stuff around it instead being on an isolated land island in the middle of suburbia..... 

I look at those pictures and wonder where will people park, how do they get in and out? As someone that has lived there do you have any insight?

a lot of people in the area have paid parking on their driveways for big events in the past like the Ottawa exhibition, like they used to do for ticats games at ivor wynne.  People will park on front lawns and stuff but they are going to have to rely on park and ride, and park and bike/walk.  But those who go real early can at least go slam a pint or two at Paddys or Quinns or something which is not a bad alternative

What's the world on Hamilton?

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/4619361-cfl-city-of-hamilton-says-tim-hortons-field-not-ready-for-july-games/

http://www.ticats.ca/article/ticats-to-host-first-two-home-games-at-mcmaster

I look at those pictures and wonder where will people park, how do they get in and out? As someone that has lived there do you have any insight?

Supposedly there's going to be about 1,000+ underground parking spots, however IIRC only 500 will be available for game use and it's only for VIP's and premium ticket holders.

The Lansdown Park Conservancy plan IMO had a good idea, by adding parking along Queen Elizabeth drive and a pedestrian bridge.

lansdowne-park-renderings-1.jpg?w=550&h=

5067.jpg

Can you say Cluster you know what in Hamilton

No ****.

Paul Wiecek @PaulWiecek

#Bombers will play Ticats on July 31 at Ron Joyce Stadium at McMaster U. #bn

Are they going to be able to even televise this game? Good grief.

If they can broadcast games from Mosaic and McMahon, they can broadcast games from Ron Joyce Stadium.  They broadcast CIS games from there, they'll just need more cord with fewer permanent camera spots.

I don't think the field installation has even started yet. That takes upwards of a month if not more from what I understand. Of course, the construction cam never works so I think the Ti Cats want to keep  their fans in the dark so they actually can't see how far behind they really are. And I've heard more than once that it's just a skeleton crew working on the stadium. The guy in his video confirms that. So much for the promise of maximun effort to get this baby done on time with two shifts a day working. 

I don't think the field installation has even started yet. That takes upwards of a month if not more from what I understand. Of course, the construction cam never works so I think the Ti Cats want to keep their fans in the dark so they actually can't see how far behind they really are. And I've heard more than once that it's just a skeleton crew working on the stadium. The guy in his video confirms that. So much for the promise of maximun effort to get this baby done on time with two shifts a day working.

Field installation is almost completed. That I can confirm.

Looks like McMaster can hold 12,000 people if they erect the temporary seating. How many season tickets have the Ticats sold?

They aren't going with temp seating so the seating for the games at MAC will only be 6000.  Not going to be pretty considering that only accommodates half of their season ticket holders.