Turf Laid Down In Ottawa

iso_55

I hope there will be some development near IGF soon.  I'm not asking for Ballpark Village in St. Louis, but a bar would be nice.

http://www.stlballparkvillage.com/

they U of M has a massive development plan for the golf course lands........sad thing tho is they picked perhaps the worst submission from a huge international competition from a landscape architecture firm from Toronto that "believes in maintaining natural habitats within cities for raccoons" ...im not joking, im also a city planner and hate everything about the design....what could of been tho, the second place design was friggen awesome

U of M has control of all the surrounding land, its their development.  The plan from the winning architecture firm is basically to maintain as much of the natural environment as possible while erecting a bunch of massive apartment towers in the natural spaces.  If anyone has heard of "towers in the park", theory on city building that emerged in the first half of the 20th century, its essentially that.....

What im trying to say is it sucks, it really really sucks

stadium being there has nothing to do with my thoughts on the development.  The worst part was that I visited the firm in Toronto and saw a presentation on it and they were looneys.  No concept of the surrounding area or the city of Winnipeg itself.  lol i should stop now before i start punching my couch cushions ......

New stadium looks nice - and seriously Peggar? They (bombers) do realize how little revenue they'll generate from raccoon s, right?

They could save on post event cleaning crews though.

Would your opinions be different if there wasn't a football stadium next door?

I guess so, any development and it's success kind of depends on the surroundings.  Unfortunately where the stadium is it will be very hard to complete any kind of permanent developments that depend on consumers, seeing as how there are a dozen events a year there and the location is extremely isolated, even on the U of M campus.

second place design had an additional rapid transit route through it and had a grid street system that had multiple connection points to pembina,  I think there is great potential to have a permanent community in there, other urban campuses have flourished.  The issue is the current design has one type of housing, limited connectivity, limited retail/commercial (essentially its a single use development) and so on

That being said it will probably change over time a great deal from design to construction....i hope

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/thinking-ahead-230455641.html

A little confused here, is this the winning bid?  If so, I actually don't mind it.  the ability to launch boats is a nice thing

Redeveloping Pembina near the U of M would probably be a better place for things like bars, etc.  U of M has a decent bar/restaraunt thing.

I'm not concerned about that development in the least, my concern is finding a way to provide another exit from the U of M.

It wouldn't even have to be an entrance, just a way to get out.

I wonder if expanding chancelor matheson by one lane each direction would help?

I'd be absolutely shocked if the Tiger Cats play there first home game at THF on July 26th. It looks like they still have a good 2-1/2 months till complete.

I'd say more than that. Caretaker Bob has a real self imposed mess on his hands. He didn't like any other locations that the City of Hamilton wanted to build a new stadium on. They have no venue to start the season maybe going forward into September & October. Where are all the ST holders & general admission going to sit?? 

I'd be absolutely shocked if the Tiger Cats play there first home game at THF on July 26th. It looks like they still have a good 2-1/2 months till complete.

I'd say more than that. Caretaker Bob has a real self imposed mess on his hands. He didn't like any other locations that the City of Hamilton wanted to build a new stadium on. They have no venue to start the season maybe going forward into September & October. Where are all the ST holders & general admission going to sit??

I hope Bob has a big back yard. Maybe he can setup a tv and have everyone over for a BBQ to watch the game.

Onemoredork over at RF has assured everyone they will be hosting the home opener on July 26th even if it's not completely finished. I'm not sure how you can get an occupancy permit for that many people if it's not finished. Where have we heard this before??

I hope Bob has a big back yard. Maybe he can setup a tv and have everyone over for a BBQ to watch the game.

Onemoredork over at RF has assured everyone they will be hosting the home opener on July 26th even if it's not completely finished. I'm not sure how you can get an occupancy permit for that many people if it's not finished. Where have we heard this before??

I wonder.... Oh yeah, that was a former President of the Bombers who really put his foot in it. ;)