MorningBigBlue.com Turns 1 Year Old Today

Mike

Morning Big Blue One Year Anniversary!

On the same day that rookie camp opens for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, MorningBigBlue.com is pleased to celebrate the one year anniversary of our website launch.

We launched on May 28, 2013 in an attempt to meet the demands of our community just in time for the opening of the 2013 season and a year later, we are pleased to say that we have exceeded all expectations we had for this project.

The community that you all helped us build has done some awesome things over the past year. We just recently hit 50,000 posts and over 300 registered users. We’ve become one of the most active CFL fan forums out there and now, we’re happy to announce that we are in a position to start giving back.

For the 2014 season, we had previously mentioned that we will be continuing on with the contests we held last year. Both the CFL Pick’em Pool and the Lock of the Week contest will return for 2014, but this year we are offering a $50 Bomber Store gift card to the winner of each contest (arrangements for another team's gift certificate for our out of town members can be made).

We are also going to be starting a new Weekly Fantasy contest (to replace the yearly fantasy league) which will allow more of our members to participate. There will be a $50 gift card handed out to the winner of this year-long contest as well. More detail on this to come.

We are also going to be offering MorningBigBlue.com shirts to the winners of our yearly contests, as well as randomly throughout the season for various other contests we will be holding. Here is a sneak peak at these T-Shirts.

500.jpg500.jpg

To celebrate our one year anniversary, we will also be doing a random draw for a $25 Bomber Store gift card via our Twitter account. Follow @MorningBigBlue and re-tweet our contest when it comes out to receive an entry into the draw, which will conclude on June 6th.

In order to encourage our members to participate and contribute to the content that we value so much from all of you, we are also going to award a $25 gift card in a random draw for all of our members who submit training camp reports. Each daily report will gain you one entry to the draw which will be held at the conclusion of training camp.

We also have something else to announce that this entire community should be very proud of. When we created this site, we never did it as a means to earn any income or profit off of the stream of money that we received. We had always maintained that once all the bills were paid off, we wanted to make sure all of the money went to something meaningful. Through the ad revenue we generated from all of our web traffic over the past year, we ended up with enough money that we were able to donate a pair of Bomber season tickets to the Boys & Girls Club of Winnipeg on behalf of everyone here at MorningBigBlue.com. It isn’t something we ever expected, and you should all give yourselves a pat on the back for contributing to this site and making this possible.

If you ever wonder why we push our website to grow or why we’ve believed in trying to carve out a Twitter following over the past year, it is because for every pair of eyes on our website, it increases the opportunities for things like this. We do it because we are huge fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and to be able to provide an opportunity for the less fortunate to experience what we enjoy so much is an awesome feeling for us.

Thank you to everyone for an awesome first year.

- The MorningBigBlue.com Staff

**As an aside - Sometimes I worry that by making all the announcements, I'm stealing Rich's thunder because he is truly the man behind getting Morning Big Blue going. Rich has put in a ton of time, effort and I know he paid out of pocket for the initial startup so I just want to say thanks for making all of this possible. Our staff is one cohesive team and we all contribute in our own way, but Rich has gone above and beyond with a number of late nights, early mornings and much more to ensure that this site had a smooth first year.**

Compared to the official bluebombers forum site and that other forum site, the MorningBigBlue.com provides more information and earlier scoops on what's happening on our beloved Blue Bombers team.

To Rich, Mike and the whole team, you guys are awesome and more power.

Kampai!

Outstanding job guys.. I was skeptical at the start due to being a diehard but this forum not only rapidly blew away expectations but became my new home (to the chagrin of some im sure :D) and i think out community here is unbelievably awesome. The donations on behalf of the board was an amazing gesture and all the mods deserve a beer or 6 in their honour. Cant wait for the contests and rocking that smexy t-shirt hopefully at some point!

Heres to MBB.com's birthday and many many more! Cheers!!

I've had some testy situations here with Mike at times but I respect the heck out of the guy as he never banned me when we had our spats. At times, I probably deserved it as I was out of line yet I never even was threatened with any kind of punitive action from him or any of the mods here. So, thanks Mike. I appreciate your patience. Hopefully, we can go on from here & get along better.

The mod team here does a great job. I've said this once & I'll say it again there is a mod at OB.com that is absolutely killing that place. He's allowed to carry on the way he does. I'm glad he's there & I'm here.